Wright as Ray Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright as Ray Allen

So I was a bit more curious about Antoine and did some googling. Supposedly he was drafted for his shooting!

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Antoine-Wright-125/

Best case comparison, Ray Allen? Anyway, googling around some more, he was evidently a lights out shooter in college. WTF happened? How does one completely lose shooting stroke like that?

I'm just amazed..I've never heard of anyone regressing as a shooter after going to the NBA.

Really? hah

Comment

If his shot isn't there, Wright has absolutely no problem giving the ball up to the open man and will never be the one who stops the ball movement. He is extremely unselfish (to a fault at times) and has very nice passing skills from both static position and on the drive and dish.
      How things have changed...

Comment

Antoine Wright NBA Draft Scouting Report
        April 28, 2005
        By Rob Babcock

Comment

You guys seriously don't remember Wright from that draft class? He was one of the guys that the Raps might have ended up drafting. Going into that draft we had the 7th and 16th picks I believe, and most Raps fans were expecting two of:

Gerald Green
          Danny Granger
          Joey Graham
          Antoine Wright

Instead we got Charlie Villanueva and Joey Graham (Wright was picked just before Joey). And I don't think Wright "lost" his shooting touch. He was just drafted into a Nets team where he was only expected to play defense and was behind Vince Carter/Richard Jefferson in the rotation.

For that draft, best case in drafting would've been Andrew Bynum @ 7 and Danny Granger @ 16. Bynum wasn't chosen because Babcock wouldn't dare draft another centre after the Araujo pick the year before. And Granger wasn't chosen because of supposed knee problems.

Another best case scenario was trading those two picks (7+16) for the 3rd pick from Portland (who traded it to Utah for the 6th and 27th pick). That third pick could have yielded Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
            So I was a bit more curious about Antoine and did some googling. Supposedly he was drafted for his shooting!

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Antoine-Wright-125/

Best case comparison, Ray Allen? Anyway, googling around some more, he was evidently a lights out shooter in college. WTF happened? How does one completely lose shooting stroke like that?

I'm just amazed..I've never heard of anyone regressing as a shooter after going to the NBA.
            Ever heard of Quincy Douby!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

To his credit though, he is a lock to hit that open jumper for three. The problem is limiting him to those shots and those only. He can spread the floor fairly well for a defensive reserve - he just needs to be smarter.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                You guys seriously don't remember Wright from that draft class?
                I remember Marz. Babcock had a boner for Wright (and was an atrocious talent evaluator) so its fun to pretend he wrote the scouting report

Comment

NewRapCity wrote: View Post
                  I remember Marz. Babcock had a boner for Wright (and was an atrocious talent evaluator) so its fun to pretend he wrote the scouting report
                  So then the real question should be, who would you rather have, Wright or Graham?

Comment

So then the real question should be, who would you rather have, Wright or Graham?
                    Joey! For all his issues,
                    At least Joey can jump higher than shoe box!
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                      To his credit though, he is a lock to hit that open jumper for three. The problem is limiting him to those shots and those only. He can spread the floor fairly well for a defensive reserve - he just needs to be smarter.
                      Are you being sarcastic? He's a career 29% shooter from three and a career 41% shooter from the field. He's not a "lock" to hit any jumper.

Comment

I'm looking for someone to crack a backboard with their shot alone, so I'll take both.
                        Last edited by NewRapCity; Wed Jan 20, 2010, 01:03 AM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

Working...
                        X