Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Actually we've had around 11 shitty seasons. Get your facts straight
    I was referring to ONE 16-year existence, which for all intents and purposes, has been awful. Get your reading comprehension straight.

Comment

If you think this team has been awful for all 16 years then you haven't been watching the raptors much. When we had VC we had around 3 - 4 good seasons. With bosh we had around 2 - 3. So stop being so negative

Comment

Ed may need to go to "Special ED" if he keeps this up.

Comment

Sorry I'm not as newbie fan. I've watched just as much basketball over my life as anyone on this site. I'm not bashing Bargnani, I just said I think it would have spoke volumes if he would have done that. I also said if he couldn't do it I understand. Yes he was playing with heart and love his game this year.

Comment

This thread is a little silly. If wearing your heart on your sleeve was vital to winning championships Tim Duncan would be the guy who put up nice numbers but never found himself winning anything. Or in other words, Zach Randolph.

Comment

If you think this team has been awful for all 16 years then you haven't been watching the raptors much. When we had VC we had around 3 - 4 good seasons. With bosh we had around 2 - 3. So stop being so negative
              I've been a fan of the Raptors since day 1 (and I've been following the NBA long before that). Yes, we made the playoffs a few times, but we've only made it out of the first round once. Under Bosh, we won a total of 3 playoff games over a two year span. We have never won more than 47 games, ever! These were not "good" seasons.

The Orlando Magic were competing for championships within 5 years of their existence. Hell, even our expansion cousins, the Grizzlies, have had more success over the past 16 years than we have.

I'm not being negative...I'm being real. The Raptors may have had "good" seasons by Toronto's standards, but definitely not by NBA's standards.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Comment

When celebrations go bad:

Just thought I'd present the other side of the coin...
                The Bulls (16-4) lost for the first time at home this season, dropping a 94-90 decision in this suddenly intense Central Division rivalry. The Bulls beat the Pacers in the first round of last year’s playoffs in five tough games.

“I’ll never forget how they celebrated just from winning this game,” Rose said in the locker room. “I can’t wait to play them again.”
                Source: DailyHerald.com

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I've been a fan of the Raptors since day 1 (and I've been following the NBA long before that). Yes, we made the playoffs a few times, but we've only made it out of the first round once. Under Bosh, we won a total of 3 playoff games over a two year span. We have never won more than 47 games, ever! These were not "good" seasons.

The Orlando Magic were competing for championships within 5 years of their existence. Hell, even our expansion cousins, the Grizzlies, have had more success over the past 16 years than we have.

I'm not being negative...I'm being real. The Raptors may have had "good" seasons by Toronto's standards, but definitely not by NBA's standards.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
                  Even the Clippers are turning it around this year.. we have a ways to go before we stop becoming the laughing stock of the league, unfortunately.

Comment

This thread reminds me of the guy who's been dumped so many times that he just starts looking for any sign that his new girlfriend is having doubts, just so he can be ready for it. It started right from day one with Ed Davis. Fans were saying how he didn't look happy enough when he was drafted by the Raptors; yeah, he fell from a top-5 pick to 13th... you think that might have something to do with why he wasn't jumping up and down?
                    He's never been a really demonstrative guy, even when he was playing well and getting a lot of time. Even back in college. He just has a workmanlike attitude, which probably has a lot to do with being a second-generation NBA player. Faking an orgasm every time a teammate hits a 3 doesn't make you a better teammate, and if that's what fans are focusing on, their priorities are in the wrong place. I think it's true of all sports markets to a certain extent, but the feeling of frequently being dumped has left a certain portion of Raptors fans overly sensitive to these little emotional cues from players.

Honestly I'm disappointed in Ed's play this year. I thought he was poised to take the next step, but it's clearly going to take longer for him. I'm also not completely satisfied with Casey's handling of him -- I think he needs a bit longer of a leash. But there's enough to discuss and criticize with his on-court issues without making up off-court issues that don't exist.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                      This thread reminds me of the guy who's been dumped so many times that he just starts looking for any sign that his new girlfriend is having doubts, just so he can be ready for it.
                      Hahah, Absolutely. I think its definitely fair to say Raptors fans are a little insecure/self-conscious in their abilities to keep their lovers happy. Er.. I mean.. Athletes.

Especially so when after they leave us, they go talking to their new friends about how small our ... "Dollar"... is. hahaha

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        This thread is a little silly. If wearing your heart on your sleeve was vital to winning championships Tim Duncan would be the guy who put up nice numbers but never found himself winning anything. Or in other words, Zach Randolph.
                        I was more questioning his heart/support for his teammates than his outward exuberance or celebration capabilities. Im not looking for the "cam newton" everytime, i think alot of the overcelebration is ridiculous in the NBA.

Comment

Dude when's bargs was out Ed started and played like garbage and ended up on the wrong side of a deandre Jordan dunk highlight.
                          That Granger dunk was the worst. He just stood over Ed staring at him and Ed didn't do or say anything. He's gonna need to toughen up to play PF in the NBA.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            That Granger dunk was the worst. He just stood over Ed staring at him and Ed didn't do or say anything. He's gonna need to toughen up to play PF in the NBA.
                            That was a Granger block on a Davis dunk attempt, wasn't it?

But you're right. The added "muscle" Davis put on hasn't made a lick of difference on the court.

Comment

i don't see that added muscle anymore. His arms look at big as DeMar's

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                                I was more questioning his heart/support for his teammates than his outward exuberance or celebration capabilities. Im not looking for the "cam newton" everytime, i think alot of the overcelebration is ridiculous in the NBA.
                                Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X