Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    I was thinking the same, seeing that Jennings is 1 year younger than Bayless and is already way better. I'd do it and I'd be OK with adding some cash and picks, because we don't really need other rookies or big players in the next few years. I know this is not the topic for it, but look at this:

Valanciunas/FA
    Bargnani/Johnson
    Rookie/Johnson/
    DeRozan/FA
    Jennings/Calderon

I think it sounds pretty good, and it's also pretty realistic.
    Keep in mind that Forbes is under contract for another 2yrs so he would be in there and Kleiza is another $4.6M but of important note the above (plus Forbes, Kleiza and Alabi) would still be about $45M salary leaving more than enough money for a Wilson Chandler, Jason Thompson (or the like) as a backup C, and if there is any chance in hell of getting Morris over from the Lakers for Barbosa to ensure depth in case Jose leaves after next year (or is subsequently traded)then:

PG: BJennings, JCalderon, DMorris
    SG: DDerozan, WChandler, Weems?
    SF: MKG/HBarnes/QMiller, JJ, Forbes, (Kleiza/Chandler)
    PF: Bargnani, Amir, Kleiza
    C: JVal, JThompson, SAlabi

It would be light on old vets, but a young athletic D-capable team with potential. It would be interesting.

I am not saying BJennings would be my guy to go for at PG but it would be interesting especially if we can get Chandler.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      TJ and Bosh used to be pretty close too. But so is Bosh and Aldridge and Colangelo passed on Aldridge.

Are you sure?

Source: cleveland.com
      I wasn't aware they were shopping him and it looks like Bogut is out with a fractured ankle. The Bucks seem to have lost all their momentum from a couple of seasons ago and the Cap'n Jack experiment is so far a complete failure. If they are looking to move Jennings I'd be happy if Toronto made a move for him. Young, quick, can break guys down off the dribble, good vision and has a lot of great leadership qualities. Plus if he can be coached by Skiles it shows he is willing to be coached. I wouldn't have been excited about this deal last year but he's been playing solid ball this season.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        Keep in mind that Forbes is under contract for another 2yrs so he would be in there and Kleiza is another $4.6M but of important note the above (plus Forbes, Kleiza and Alabi) would still be about $45M salary leaving more than enough money for a Wilson Chandler, Jason Thompson (or the like) as a backup C, and if there is any chance in hell of getting Morris over from the Lakers for Barbosa to ensure depth in case Jose leaves after next year (or is subsequently traded)then:

It would be light on old vets, but a young athletic D-capable team with potential. It would be interesting.

I am not saying BJennings would be my guy to go for at PG but it would be interesting especially if we can get Chandler.
        I have been looking at a very similiar team in my posts/suggestions (which is a team I really like) but that is a lot of things needing to happen for the raptors.

Trade with the bucks
        Get a good draft pick
        Trade with LA
        Sign Chandler

The only one of these things that has even been considered to be realistic is the high draft pick.

To sum up my post: im a pessimist.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
          To sum up my post: im a pessimist.
          LOL...no you are not...a realist most likely!

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            dude it is not about the strip clubs...

just the average 9-5 girl in toronto is not obese stupid and and undereducated loud mouth like so many big-city american women. Trust me I have traveled. The vast majority of american women (outside of New york state FLA and Cali) are disgusting.

Absolutely vile creatures... dumb as a bag of rocks

fat IHOP eaters

self important know-nothings

pick your poison - all the good ones went to LA and there are a ton of good ones in New York the rest is slim pickins...
            Jeez this guy really hates America lol

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I wasn't aware they were shopping him and it looks like Bogut is out with a fractured ankle. The Bucks seem to have lost all their momentum from a couple of seasons ago and the Cap'n Jack experiment is so far a complete failure. If they are looking to move Jennings I'd be happy if Toronto made a move for him. Young, quick, can break guys down off the dribble, good vision and has a lot of great leadership qualities. Plus if he can be coached by Skiles it shows he is willing to be coached. I wouldn't have been excited about this deal last year but he's been playing solid ball this season.
              I don't know about shopping but they are at least open to the idea of trading him.

Comment

Pipe Dream

If the Bucks were looking to save some cash I'd love to see this deal.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=83m7hut

Draft MKG, Miller or Barnes and we're looking real nice.

Jennings/Calderon
                Demar/Jackson/Forbes
                Draft Pick/JJ/Kleiza
                Bargnani/Amir/Sanders
                JV/Gray/Maglore

I'd re-up both Gray and Maglore for practice bodies and leadership. Note Sanders is probably asking too much and would do the deal for Jennings and Jackson only if was still possible.

Comment

Some people are comparing Jennings to DJ Augustine and Raymond Felton. Jennings in my opinion is MUCH better than both these players and would help get the casual fan base excited. Just saying but Jennings is major league compared to the other two guys.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post

Sorry I completely forgot Alabi, Kleiza and Forbes but that doesn't mean I don't want them on our team. Kleiza is playing really good right now.

Comment

With Bogut out now (probably for the season), getting Jennings without the Bucks getting something really big in return (aka, a high pick, or a stud) will be unlikely.

Stating that, it's nice to live in a dream world, especially with the way this season is going.

I would not give up our 2012 pick for Jennings. I'm not sure what other assets we have. Plus they'd have to send salary with him.

Here's one probable trade:
                      http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=8236h4c

Jennings/Gooden/Sanders for Calderon/Davis/Alabi/2013 pick (lottery protected)

Calderon is expiring next year, and gives them stability in the back court. Davis is potential. That will save a lot of cash for the Bucks if that's what they want. We get Jennings, but also Gooden's horrible contract. But I guess that's the down side of trying to obtain a high caliber PG in the league.

Sanders/Alabi are trade ballast. The 2013 pick is a sweetener. Put a protection on it so that we don't get screwed if we suck again next year.

... but then again, is Gooden worth the price of Jennings? I'd almost just go after Augustin or Felton instead, since the price would be much better.

Comment

Jennings has really upped his shooting percentage this year. Career 38% (albeit short career - 2 seasons prior to this year) to 44% this year. I didn't realize he was also scoring 20 points per game - then again he is taking 17 shots per game.

Comment

I AM GETTING ON THE TRADE MACHINE RIGHT NOW.

Honestly refreshing to hear guys say they want to come up North. When you think about it, ANYTHING is a big step up from Milwaukee. I mean I would prob live there but I love beer and rock n roll.

On another note, can someone explain just what the Bucks game plan is right now? If I'm them, I say no one is untradeable.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Brandon Jennings went to Europe instead of the NCAA and enjoyed it. If he liked Europe then he'd like Toronto. Plus his best friend is here. It makes sense for him to be down for coming up north. I just hope that if it does happen someday that the media doesn't ride him for not being never say wrong word and pass away open looks Jose Calderon. The way they attacked TJ and turned the fans on him was despicable.

They tried to pull the same crap with Bayless in camp but being a little more conscious Bayless side stepped the ambush questions.

Comment

Annnnnnd here's why i'm a genius (or an idiot):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6qzb8tz

This whole trade premise goes on the belief that Utah actually believes it can compete this year and next and fills their biggest weakness.

Bucks throw in the towel this year and get another solid big to build around. also get Raps 2012 1st rounder, LOTTERY PROTECTED in 2012.

Is this s good idea?
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think the Jazz get hosed in this deal. Favors is an excellent young talent. He was a key piece they got back in the D-Will trade. I don't see them going for this. Jackson is the key piece going back to them and we all know his age and issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X