Brandon Jennings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    sorry to nitpick but this is totally the opposite of ignoring and not responding.
    i meant if he decides to reply again.

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
      jennings, rose, bayless and westbrook are all sg's forced to play pg...stop being a casual fan
      and don't ever call me a casual fan. I'm a die hard raptors fan, i almost cried after today's lost. When i close my eyes i still see that horrible moment when kobe hit that 3 and then the fade away. I will not sleep peacefully tonight

Comment

• Jennings is already a great scorer at 22, and he is a game-breaker, he makes plays that few guys can make... he is one of the streakiest shooters in the league. He probably wouldn't make the Raptors any better this year, but going forward he's gotta be the obvious choice here. If he is available, he could help take the raptors to another level (He's had the bucks on his back all year). Love Caldy, but he won't win a championship with T.O.

Comment

• knickz wrote: View Post
          jose, brandon jennings is a sg forced to play pg. dude has a horrible fg % and makes horrible decisions
          he's 22, he's gonna turn the ball over. he is shooting a career high fg %. over 40 percent with the team he has is pretty good.

Comment

• Brandon Jennings Seriously

The Bucks are wiling to make Brandon Jennings available via trade "for the right price". Could the Raps really look at this seriously? What's it going to take, Ed Davis + a pick. He kind of intrigues me. That and the DeRozan connection could prove to be very interesting. I bet they're going to dangle Cap'n Jack with him. I think he could be an interesting piece to the PG puzzle of the future

Source
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              The Bucks are wiling to make Brandon Jennings available via trade "for the right price". Could the Raps really look at this seriously? What's it going to take, Ed Davis + a pick. He kind of intrigues me. That and the DeRozan connection could prove to be very interesting. I bet they're going to dangle Cap'n Jack with him. I think he could be an interesting piece to the PG puzzle of the future

Source
              It sounds like the Bucks are trying to include SJax in any Bogut trade. I wouldn't mind giving up Davis/Amir and/or Bayless, along with the 2013 or 2014 1st round pick, but I wouldn't want this year's lottery pick included.

They could do Davis & a future 1st round pick for Jennings. Or they could even do Amir & Bayless & a future 1st round pick for SJax & Jennings. SJax's contract is expiring next year and he would be a good veteran SG off the bench, assuming Barbosa gets traded. It doesn't exactly fit with BC's stated goal of not taking salary back, but SJax would only be making a few million more than Amir would be next season, so it's not a bad price to pay for acquiring a PG-of-the-future type player.

But what to do with Calderon? Interesting dilemma... could Calderon and Jennings co-exist for 1 season???

Comment

• i don't want jackson. yucky yucky yucky. i am also not a big fan of jennings but if we are able to move jose for him then im good to go.

i think the other players listed here are too valuable to our future to send for a shoot first point guard who often just sends up a 3 ball like white chocolate.

it would be nice to see what casey could do with him but jennings has shown he does things his way. with what we are setting up i would much rather a pass first point guard. the pick and roll is a tried tested and true way to win a championship.

Comment

i don't want jackson. yucky yucky yucky. i am also not a big fan of jennings but if we are able to move jose for him then im good to go.

i think the other players listed here are too valuable to our future to send for a shoot first point guard who often just sends up a 3 ball like white chocolate.

it would be nice to see what casey could do with him but jennings has shown he does things his way. with what we are setting up i would much rather a pass first point guard. the pick and roll is a tried tested and true way to win a championship.
                  And1

Comment

• trade barbosa and 2013 1st rounder for BJ

Comment

i don't want jackson. yucky yucky yucky. i am also not a big fan of jennings but if we are able to move jose for him then im good to go.

I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Jennings, so long as we only had to give up depth players (Amir/Davis and/or Bayless) and future picks. I agree that SJax isn't wanted, even as an expiring contract next season.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Jennings, so long as we only had to give up depth players (Amir/Davis and/or Bayless) and future picks. I agree that SJax isn't wanted, even as an expiring contract next season.
                        Jennings for Davis, Bayless and 2013 first rounder.
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I don't have anything against Jennings per se, but I don't think you give up next year's first round pick for him. Talent for talent. That pick could be valuable in this rebuilding stage, if indeed the Raps are going to be a potential lottery pick again next season. I don't think Jennings has shown himself to be valuable enough to alter the cap flexibility plans etc. by taking on a very bad SJ contract along with both of their perceived issues with coaches and fitting in to systems etc. Seems like a pretty big flyer.

Comment

• CT2010 wrote: View Post
                            I don't have anything against Jennings per se, but I don't think you give up next year's first round pick for him. Talent for talent. That pick could be valuable in this rebuilding stage, if indeed the Raps are going to be a potential lottery pick again next season. I don't think Jennings has shown himself to be valuable enough to alter the cap flexibility plans etc. by taking on a very bad SJ contract along with both of their perceived issues with coaches and fitting in to systems etc. Seems like a pretty big flyer.
                            If this Raptors team were to add Valanciunas, MKG/Barnes/Beal, Jennings, at least one free agent and possibly another late 1st round draft pick, while only losing Barbosa, Davis and Bayless, I think they would be a legit playoff team next season. I like the idea of a Davis & Bayless & 2013 1st round pick for Jennings.

The lineup could look something like this:

C: Valanciunas, Gray
                            PF: Bargnani, Amir, Kleiza
                            SF: Barnes/MKG, JJ, Kleiza
                            SG: DeRozan, Batum?!?!?!, Forbes
                            PG: Jennings, Calderon, Kabongo??

That looks like it has the potential to be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference next season, meaning the 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be that bad to give up along with Davis & Bayless for Jennings. Giving up that much for Jennings, would mean that I wouldn't want to take on a bad contract (ie: SJax) as well.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              If this Raptors team were to add Valanciunas, MKG/Barnes/Beal, Jennings, at least one free agent and possibly another late 1st round draft pick, while only losing Barbosa, Davis and Bayless, I think they would be a legit playoff team next season. I like the idea of a Davis & Bayless & 2013 1st round pick for Jennings.

The lineup could look something like this:

PF: Bargnani, Amir, Kleiza
                              SF: Barnes/MKG, JJ, Kleiza
                              SG: DeRozan, Batum?!?!?!, Forbes
                              PG: Jennings, Calderon, Kabongo??

That looks like it has the potential to be a playoff team in the Eastern Conference next season, meaning the 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be that bad to give up along with Davis & Bayless for Jennings. Giving up that much for Jennings, would mean that I wouldn't want to take on a bad contract (ie: SJax) as well.
                              I like it, only problem is, Batum's original position is the small forward, so technically, we would have a log jam at the three. If we are planning on doing this, than the plan is sign Batum as it is, BUT draft Beal or Lamb. Because JJ is rising and answering the call of many, and seems like a guy who can be our future small forward. BUT, I also don't want to give up or pass on Gilchrist, (unless taken before our pick). BC will have a lot of decisions this summer!

So lineup would be.

PG: Jennings, Calderon, (Kabongo)
                              SG: Derozan, (Beal/Lamb), Forbes
                              SF: Batum, JJ, Kleiza
                              PF: Bargnani, Johnson
                              C: Valanciunas, Gray.

But I would rather see something like...

PG: Jennings, Calderon, Kabongo
                              SG: Derozan, Free agent, Forbes
                              SF: Gilchrist, JJ, Kleiza

EDIT* Just wanna point out, our bench looks like our current starting lineup without Bargnani.
                              Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 02:12 AM.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                I like it, only problem is, Batum's original position is the small forward, so technically, we would have a log jam at the three. If we are planning on doing this, than the plan is sign Batum as it is, BUT draft Beal or Lamb. Because JJ is rising and answering the call of many, and seems like a guy who can be our future small forward. BUT, I also don't want to give up or pass on Gilchrist, (unless taken before our pick). BC will have a lot of decisions this summer!

So lineup would be.

PG: Jennings, Calderon, (Kabongo)
                                SG: Derozan, (Beal/Lamb), Forbes
                                SF: Batum, JJ, Kleiza
                                C: Valanciunas, Gray.

But I would rather see something like...

PG: Jennings, Calderon, Kabongo
                                SG: Derozan, Free agent, Forbes
                                SF: Gilchrist, JJ, Kleiza

EDIT* Just wanna point out, our bench looks like our current starting lineup without Bargnani.

I'm okay with moving amir or davis + Bayless + 2013 1st rounder for the "pg of the future", but i'm not sold on jennings. To be fair, I haven't seen a lot of his game, but what I have seen is a very similar game to bayless. I do think that jennings is a definite upgrade over bayless, but i'm not sure i'd want him over calderon for the next two seasons.

The main reason? JV. I watched A LOT of JV game tape since he's been drafted, not highlights but full games. His defense won't be an issue coming into the league (IMO).

It'll be his offensive that will be slow to develop. I do think he has some tools offensively: He's a great free throw shooter so i think he could develop an elbow or baseline jumper, but right now, they aren't really part of his arsenal. He is most effective rolling to the rim (either out of the pick and role, or on a straight cut), catching the ball above his head, keeping it there for a step or two, and finishing at the rim. He needs a point guard who is REALLY good at the P'n'R, and passing into the paint in order to be effective offensively.

If the sample we got from bargs is an indicator of how he'll play for the rest of his contract then I want him getting the ball in his hands a lot as well. I'd still like derozan to get a lot of set plays run for him as well.

I wouldn't be angry if he jennings trade went done as described above, but I don't think it'll lead to the kind of ball movement this team is going to need to be playoff calibre offensively.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X