X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where will LBJ go next?

LeBron: The Decision
    Part Deux

Now, there is talk that James is less-than-thrilled with certain aspects of the Heat organization. Sources in Miami say that while James still thoroughly enjoys playing alongside fellow stars Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, he doesn’t particularly care for the heavy-handed and disciplined style of team president Pat Riley.

James can opt out of his contract at the end of the 2013-14 season, and speculation is he will strongly consider it if Riley remains in his current role. And the team James would be eyeballing most in free agency, say those close to the situation, would be the Cavs.

Of course, James has never indicated as much, and if he does feel that way, he is wise enough to not say a word. Anyone who saw the secretive manner in which he kept the Cavs guessing already knows that.

But if these sneaking suspicions are true, if James really does hope to make another free agent splash and return to Cleveland someday, he would have a lot of things to consider. First and foremost, of course, would be whether or not fans would be willing to welcome him back after so much time away.

For one, we’re only a few weeks into Kyrie Irving’s pro career, and it’s pretty clear the Cavs are likely to someday be his team, if they aren't already.

The Cavs also learned from some of the mistakes they made with James, and really admire their current batch of high-character guys. They plan to fill the roster with more within the next year or two, and in the words of one front-office official, “build things the right way.” That way, the official noted, you have “a culture in place like in San Antonio or Oklahoma City,” where the team doesn’t need a superstar considered worthy of hosting "Saturday Night Live" to be successful.

So even if James may not truly be done with the Cavs, it is clear Cavs fans are done with him — at least for now, anyway. And it would be hard to let go of the grudge they hold, because it is massive.

As for today, James will have to hang his hat on playing against the franchise he spurned, chasing the title with the Heat he promised would be a result of it, and accepting that he left his days as everyone’s favorite superstar behind him in Cleveland.

Then, it seems, the guessing about LeBron James will likely start all over again.

Source

Please, please, please don't tell me we will have a repeat of 2008-2010.

Lebron leaves, Clevland drafts a group of talented young players with their high draft picks and then
    Lebron goes back to a team stacked with great young talent?

Scary....

Comment

He could easily say that was his plan all along. Oh, and he wanted to force to owners to take measures that would prevent a super-star conspiracy from ever happening again. Oh, oh and he wanted to cause some brilliant young student to spurn a career as a pro basketball player in disgust and pursue a path of medical research, leading to a cure for cancer.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        He could easily say that was his plan all along. Oh, and he wanted to force to owners to take measures that would prevent a super-star conspiracy from ever happening again. Oh, oh and he wanted to cause some brilliant young student to spurn a career as a pro basketball player in disgust and pursue a path of medical research, leading to a cure for cancer.
        I never said he planned on it, but I was just saying that it could happen.

Comment

There isn't a symbol to show tongue firmly planted in cheek or I would have selected it.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            There isn't a symbol to show tongue firmly planted in cheek or I would have selected it.

is for sarcasm...close enough!

Comment

He's certifiable if he's even considering leaving MIA.

They should be good for at LEAST 5 titles over the next 8 years or so.

Comment

if lebron leaves the heat win a title. Thats my believe, he has something similar to the T Mac Playoff disease. Except his happens in the finals and the fourth quarters. D Wade and Bosh with all the pieces around them, Battier, Cole, Haslem, Curry, Anthony, Chalmers, Miller and young prospects. That is a championship team, too much talent is never good. every time you watch the finals the more solid team always wins, mixture of veteran leadership 1 or 2 all stars and young prospects, no more than that. Dallas won last year, Lakers won multiple times, Celtics won, spurs etc... those were all teams with chemistry and solid pieces. I can't see the heat winning and i hope they don't. There will always be a team to stop them, whether it be OKC, the lakers or the bulls.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  if lebron leaves the heat win a title. Thats my believe, he has something similar to the T Mac Playoff disease. Except his happens in the finals and the fourth quarters. D Wade and Bosh with all the pieces around them, Battier, Cole, Haslem, Curry, Anthony, Chalmers, Miller and young prospects. That is a championship team, too much talent is never good. every time you watch the finals the more solid team always wins, mixture of veteran leadership 1 or 2 all stars and young prospects, no more than that. Dallas won last year, Lakers won multiple times, Celtics won, spurs etc... those were all teams with chemistry and solid pieces. I can't see the heat winning and i hope they don't. There will always be a team to stop them, whether it be OKC, the lakers or the bulls.
                  The T-Mac playoff disease was never getting out of the first round.

LBJ, while never winning a title, has certainly been well beyond the first round on numerous occasions.

However, I would like to see him leave and Miami win a title.... oh yeah, and Bosh gone too.

Comment

The only way he could possibly upstage his last FA douche baggery would be to burn an American flag on national T.V. and put on a Raptors jersey.

Comment

I would love that lol

Comment

Lebron is your poster boy for whiney millionaire players that is all about me me me. Riley never realised that he actually signed a monster with an even bigger ego then he's got.

Its nice to have some Jeremy Lin breakthrough players that are humble, work hard and are just happy to be playing in the NBA for any team that picks them up and invest in them.

Comment

LeBron preparing for Wade's inevitable decline due to age

LeBron planting the seeds as he sees Cleveland emerging from the ashes without him. I hope Gilbert gives him the biggest FU should that phone call ever come through,

LBJ: "Hey Dan. It is The King. I'm ready to play in Cleveland again."

Gilbert: "Ahhhh yeah. The Gilbert says, 'Go f*ck yourself, King.'"

CLEVELAND -- Could LeBron James see himself playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers again? He won't rule it out and said that if he decided to return someday he hopes the town's famously scorned fans would accept him back.

I had a lot of fun times (in Cleveland). ... I'm here as a Miami player and I'm happy where I am now but I don't rule (a return) out in any sense. If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me.”

James qualified it all by saying he's happy playing for the championship-contending Miami Heat. But making his third return to Cleveland since his high-profile free agency departure, hard feelings seem to be thawing from James' perspective.

"I think it would be great, it would be fun to play in front of these fans again," James said after the Heat's practice Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena.

"I had a lot of fun times here. You can't predict the future. Hopefully you continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami player and I'm happy where I am now but I don't rule that out in any sense. If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."

Dwyane Wade, who helped convince James to leave Cleveland two years ago, admitted he could see James coming back -- but not in the near future.

"Anything is possible," Wade said. "Hopefully I'm retired."

James, who is under contract with the Heat for two more seasons with an option for two more, also seemed to extend an olive branch to Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert. The two have taken various high-profile shots at each other since James' departure in July of 2010. The most memorable was Gilbert's rambling open letter to Cavs fans the night James' announced his decision on ESPN.

"I don't hold grudges, I hold them a little bit but I don't hold them that long," James said. "He said what he said out of anger. He probably would want to take that back, but I made a mistake, too. There's some things I'd want to take back as well. You learn from your mistakes and move on."

James and Gilbert have not talked since the Cavs' free agent meeting with James on July 3, 2010. The two were in a collective bargaining negotiating session in New York for several hours last fall but did not speak. James said there hadn't been any attempts by either side to patch things up.

But time and circumstance seem to be closing the wounds. The Cavs drafted former Duke player Kyrie Irving with the No. 1 overall pick last year, as well as Tristan Thompson with the No. 4 pick. Thompson is represented by one of James' closest friends, Rich Paul. James still spends his offseason living in nearby Akron, where most of his family still resides.

James still expects to be booed heavily when the Heat play against the Cavs Friday night but doesn't think it'll have the same effects as last year.

"It doesn't sting anymore," James said. "The booing isn't as bad as it was last year so it's not even a big deal."
                          http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...land-cavaliers

Comment

The voice of reason

Cleveland, you can't take her back. She had you whipped. She led you on, making you think what you both had was special and that she wanted it to be forever and then she totally stabbed you in the back and broke your heart. She left you for Miami and there is some definite signs over some overlap in the relationships. Now that the romance is starting to wear off with her and Miami she's planting the seed that she wants you back. Don't fall for it, you're better than that, this is a mistake. Respect yourself more than that.

Comment

Working...
                            X