Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Chandler @wilsonchandler
    t dot instagr.am/p/HUPmY1N8zR/
    Photo proof for the Nugget front office that, "Yes, I AM in Toronto!"

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Thanks nice to know he at least considering us. I really think this going to turnout as a S&T
      you sound like you want him to take you to prom or something lol......

sorry for being a 0==3
      so baked x-) right now.......

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Apart for the risk factor (not signing a long term contract now), isnt it in WC's best interest to just play the season out with Denver and then play the field as a unrestricted fa after the season? More teams could be in the mix for his services....meaning he could make more especially using Batum's contract/negotiations as a benchmark.
        Unless Denver doesn't want to go that route, since they'd wind up with nothing. They could easily play hardball and get him to sign a multi-year deal for cheap (matching an offer from a team like the Raptors) or let him sit this season to maintain his RFA status. If Denver could get a useful asset and allow WC to sign for more than what Toronto could offer straight-up, it might be enough to make everybody happy.

That begs the question... what might Toronto want/need to offer Denver in a S&T to get the deal done? The first names that come to my mind are James Johnson, Ed Davis and/or future draft picks (not 2012).

Comment

• This might merely be a ploy to insure he secures what he feels is his full market price from the Nuggets.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            This might merely be a ploy to insure he secures what he feels is his full market price from the Nuggets.
            No thank you. We are not accepting reality checks at this time.

If the Raps were to land WC, it would be interesting to see what is given up in a potential S&T and it could also ratchet the draft speculating up a notch.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Unless Denver doesn't want to go that route, since they'd wind up with nothing. They could easily play hardball and get him to sign a multi-year deal for cheap (matching an offer from a team like the Raptors) or let him sit this season to maintain his RFA status. If Denver could get a useful asset and allow WC to sign for more than what Toronto could offer straight-up, it might be enough to make everybody happy.

That begs the question...what might Toronto want/need to offer Denver in a S&T to get the deal done? The first names that come to my mind are James Johnson, Ed Davis and/or future draft picks (not 2012).
              It might not be what TO needs to offer but what they need to take back. Marc Stein reported last week that Denver was looking to trade Chris Andersen. Andersen is 33 with 2 years and $9.3M left on his contract after this season on a roster that has Nene, Koufos, and Mosgov all logging minutes at the C spot.

If you look at Andersen's game log in February it has a distinct look of a player being shopped (especially in the past week) with minutes of: 0, 0, 0, 19, 14, 0, 0, 22, 24, 22, 29, 0.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Feb 22, 2012, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• I'd take Andersen and than amnesty him at the end of the season
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  It might not be what TO needs to offer but what they need to take back. Marc Stein reported last week that Denver was looking to trade Chris Andersen. Andersen is 33 with 2 years and $9.3M left on his contract after this season on a roster that has Nene, Koufos, and Mosgov all logging minutes at the C spot.
                  Good point.

Andersen as a backup to JV for a couple years wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, if it also landed the Raptors Chandler. Assuming Chandler would get $6-8M per season, that would be around $10M in salary heading to Toronto. That would likely mean that either Calderon or Barbosa would likely be part of the deal, perhaps a multi-team deal (ie: Barbosa to Lakers for TPE).

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    I'd take Andersen and than amnesty him at the end of the season
                    Buzz kill alert:

You can only use the amnesty on a player who was on your roster prior to July 1st, 2011.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I'd take Andersen and than amnesty him at the end of the season
                      Not possible. Teams can only amnesty players that were on their roster when the lockout ended. Teams can't amnesty players acquired via trade.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Photo proof for the Nugget front office that, "Yes, I AM in Toronto!"

this pic shows all the US players that havent had the opportunity to see toronto much in the winter that we dont all live in igloo's surrounded by 25ft snow drifts in feb. LOL

Comment

• Wow, I'm pumped that he is at least is considering it. What's the max we can offer him this season? We are under the cap by 4 mill, can we combine the mid-level exception to that?

Hopefully we can sign him, his versatility to play the 3 and 2 could be really important for next season. We would be able to move Barbosa or a couple other players at the trade deadline.

Comment

• It could be a possibility but i find it unlikely. Denver will probably just over pay for him

Comment

• No sign and trade possible

No sign and trades are possible in season. In the excitement I forgot this.

A sign-and-trade arrangement, in which one of these players is signed by his previous team and immediately traded to a new team, is out of the question. The new collective bargaining agreement prohibits sign-and-trades after the season starts.

Larry Coon

Comment

• so our only option is to hope he choose us to sign with instead of denver?

Comment

Working...
                                X