Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via HoopsWorld.com (which is the original source of this rumour). Take anything from them with a grain of salt.

Source: HoopsWorld.com

Toronto, at this time, can only offer Chandler $4M. The Raptors are going to have to move some contracts in order to offer anything to Chandler that Denver would not match in a heartbeat.
    oh god, hoopsworld. i take things from there with a grain of pepper.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

TSN3 wrote: View Post
      Batum's definitely a lot more intriguing just because he hasn't really had the consistent starter minutes that Chandler has. Everyone pretty well knows what Chandler can and cannot do at this point, which works for and against him. A part of me wants to get Batum just because his potential seems limitless, but at the same time we've already got a bunch of potential-loaded players that we're hoping will pan out (including Jonas next year). So maybe an established player is exactly what we need to help stabilize the foundation.

A contending team can't solely be built around draft picks and projects. Not all of those players are going to work out and at a certain point you have to fill some gaps with more established players (just like Chicago has). So if Chandler can be had at a reasonable price, I think you do it just to have one less question mark on the roster. I do like Batum's game though.
      I'm not sure Chandler has reached his peak yet. Surprisingly, he is 3 months younger than James Johnson. Also considering how much his game has grown since entering the NBA, there could be more room for growth (although most likely not too much more, in my opinion).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Like several posters in here, I also like Batum as well. I wonder though, if BC isn't doing a pre-emptive strike by going after Chandler for a potential bargain (given Denver's big investment in Gallinari and unlikliness/inability to match even a mid-range offer for Chandler) now, rather than get caught in an offseason league-wide bidding war for Batum, which will likely result in a team overpaying for him.
        It's a possibility. Wilson Chandler is a starter quality small forward and trying to obtain him at fair or lower than market price is a sound strategy.

Comment

For all those saying Batum hasn't had Starters Minutes yet: He played 31.5 minutes per game, Starting 67 games in 2010-2011.
          Thats "Starters Minutes" if you ask me.

Not to mention he started in 76 games as a Rookie. Though his minutes weren't high, no one can say this kid hasn't been given a chance to prove whats he's got.
          Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 30, 2012, 08:09 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            For all those saying Batum hasn't had Starters Minutes yet: He played 31.5 minutes per game, Starting 67 games in 2010-2011.

Not to mention he started in 76 games as a Rookie. Though his minutes weren't high, no one can say this kid hasn't been given a chance to prove whats he's got.
            Well put. What is interesting is Batum was touted as being gifted defensively, and the Blazer fans are upset at his lack of consistency on the D side. Of course he is young so it shouldn't be majorly concerning.

Comment

Chandler is a sub-average player. I'd like to see a story like "Raptors pursuing a bunch of franchise players". Until then the rest is just mental masturbation.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                Chandler is a sub-average player. I'd like to see a story like "Raptors pursuing a bunch of franchise players". Until then the rest is just mental masturbation.
                They can "pursue franchise players" all they want.... the chances of us landing one have always been slim to none unless we're lucky enough to draft them.

Chandler would be a good fit IMO. Finally, a piece that actually makes SENSE.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

nah, starters minutes is when you play 80+ minutes on a back2back coming off a leg injury.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

and he is deadly with the corner 3s...

Comment

Wilson Chandler

+ Long, athletic wing with two last names and no first names. Excellent finisher.

+ Solid defender. Has athleticism to excel but must improve technique.

+ Mediocre outside shooter. Will force shots. Runs floor well. Good rebounder.

Chandler made steady progress as a scoring two-way forward, averaging 18.3 points per 40 minutes with solid percentages and rebounding. He had a miserable postseason, however, which exposed his biggest weakness: He can create jumpers, but he doesn't make many of them. Chandler shot 38.4 percent from beyond 10 feet while taking more than four a game; he also had an unusual number of tries in the 3-9 foot range and hit just 36.6 percent of them. And as a stand-still 3-point shooter he's pretty average too, making 35.1 percent.

Chandler's shot-creation ability is useful at the end of the shot clock, but his real offensive value comes in his finishing ability: He shot a blistering 73.9 percent at the rim last season. As an added plus, Chandler hits his free throws, making over 80 percent for a second straight season. Alas, that makes his inability to draw them even more frustrating. A big, athletic wing finisher like Chandler has to take more than 2.3 free throw attempts a game; Chandler was just 53rd out of 67 small forwards in free throw attempts per field goal attempt.

Defensively, Chandler was very good in Denver and not as good in New York. He was often overmatched as a small-ball 4 with the Knicks, but as a pure wing in Denver his size and athleticism was a clear asset. He also ranked third among small forwards in blocks per minute. I'm not sure he has the moxie to be a wing stopper, but he's a valuable asset at this end.

Chandler signed a deal to play in China, and according to the terms he won't be able to return to the NBA until around March. Whenever he comes back, he'll be a restricted free agent and the Nuggets will retain his rights.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I like what James Johnson brings to table, and I would be weary of Chandler's numbers as they were for a Knicks team that makes everyones offensive numbers look enlarged. His numbers dropped considerably after he went to denver (from 16.5 pts to 12.5) that being said I wouldn't be prepared to offer more than say a mid level exception for him. I would rather give JJ a shot this year, and see what presents itself in the draft.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Wilson Chandler

+ Long, athletic wing with two last names and no first names. Excellent finisher.

+ Solid defender. Has athleticism to excel but must improve technique.

+ Mediocre outside shooter. Will force shots. Runs floor well. Good rebounder.

Chandler made steady progress as a scoring two-way forward, averaging 18.3 points per 40 minutes with solid percentages and rebounding. He had a miserable postseason, however, which exposed his biggest weakness: He can create jumpers, but he doesn't make many of them. Chandler shot 38.4 percent from beyond 10 feet while taking more than four a game; he also had an unusual number of tries in the 3-9 foot range and hit just 36.6 percent of them. And as a stand-still 3-point shooter he's pretty average too, making 35.1 percent.

Chandler's shot-creation ability is useful at the end of the shot clock, but his real offensive value comes in his finishing ability: He shot a blistering 73.9 percent at the rim last season. As an added plus, Chandler hits his free throws, making over 80 percent for a second straight season. Alas, that makes his inability to draw them even more frustrating. A big, athletic wing finisher like Chandler has to take more than 2.3 free throw attempts a game; Chandler was just 53rd out of 67 small forwards in free throw attempts per field goal attempt.

Defensively, Chandler was very good in Denver and not as good in New York. He was often overmatched as a small-ball 4 with the Knicks, but as a pure wing in Denver his size and athleticism was a clear asset. He also ranked third among small forwards in blocks per minute. I'm not sure he has the moxie to be a wing stopper, but he's a valuable asset at this end.

Chandler signed a deal to play in China, and according to the terms he won't be able to return to the NBA until around March. Whenever he comes back, he'll be a restricted free agent and the Nuggets will retain his rights.

this points to chandler being johnson. i am in china and watched him all year he seems to have shooting range to me. also takes it to the rim all the time here. might be because he isn't afraid of a 150 pound 7 footer. i will look for some a link to his stats this year but it might be in chinese.

Comment

found it. a little surprising his 3pt shooting is only 27%.

the website is english. scroll down a little and you will see his stats this year. i am looking for some videos of him this year now.

the two wangs aren't related. lol

http://www.asia-basket.com/player.as...PlayerID=90506

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                              I like what James Johnson brings to table, and I would be weary of Chandler's numbers as they were for a Knicks team that makes everyones offensive numbers look enlarged. His numbers dropped considerably after he went to denver (from 16.5 pts to 12.5) that being said I wouldn't be prepared to offer more than say a mid level exception for him. I would rather give JJ a shot this year, and see what presents itself in the draft.
                              He played less minutes and got less shots. He was way better defensively(better coach). I think he could bring what James Johnson does but, with way better offensive. He had a 6 block game against the Spurs last season. The more talent the better , imagine him and JJ on the court at the same time!
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

i just read on prosport daily forums that bc might be looking for a trade exception to acquire chandler. i also posted a la/magic.raps trade but screw that trade. i say jose to la for their first rounder and trade exception. then right for wilson chandler sign and trade with nuggets.

Comment

Working...
                                X