Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Chandler is versatile. JJ and Kleiza are 3's who can play 4. Chandler is a 3 who can play 2 as well and guard 2, 3, and 4's.

He came in to the league based soley on his athleticism and defense. He worked his tail off to develop an offensive game.

I would very much love Wilson Chandler in Toronto if for no other reason that it would give a solid rotational player on a contract that could be used to obtain a top talent on another team OR could allow the Raptors an opportunity to trade current Raptors with a replacement already in place (yes, I am hinting at DeMar).
    Knowledge is power. Consider me Educated.Thanks.

Comment

Chandler is versatile. JJ and Kleiza are 3's who can play 4. Chandler is a 3 who can play 2 as well and guard 2, 3, and 4's.

He came in to the league based soley on his athleticism and defense. He worked his tail off to develop an offensive game.

I would very much love Wilson Chandler in Toronto if for no other reason that it would give a solid rotational player on a contract that could be used to obtain a top talent on another team OR could allow the Raptors an opportunity to trade current Raptors with a replacement already in place (yes, I am hinting at DeMar).
      Very good point - think of it not only as a signing, but also a free acquisition of another asset. If he doesn't work out, he's trade bait. If he does work out, another player(s) currently on the roster becomes trade bait.

I personally like Chandler and think he would fit well on the Raps and be an ideal Casey type player. Back when all the Bosh trade rumors were floating around in 2009 & 2010, Chandler was always a piece on the Knicks that I welcomed in any potential deal with NY. Plus, as you say, BC could always trade him to another team if he doesn't work out.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Sure, the stats might be a bit inflated, but the guy's still got serious game. Do you see James Johnson putting up those numbers under D'Antoni? The point is that Chandler would still be a massive upgrade over anyone we currently have at SF. And at $6m+ per year, he'd be plenty worth it in my books. I would much rather see Colangelo go after Chandler than Batum.
        My dream would be to start Chandler at the 2 and have Rudy Gay at the 3. Wait, that is Trade Forum talk......

Comment

My dream would be to start Chandler at the 2 and have Rudy Gay at the 3. Wait, that is Trade Forum talk......
          Sign me up! haha wouldn't that make all the discusion of drafting a wing a moot point!

Comment

Love it
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I hear ya, Matt. But sounds like Gay is looking forward to making it work with Memphis.

“People were saying they did it without me,” Gay said. “It would mean a lot for me to make the playoffs to show how good this team is – not just me – and how much of an impact I could have on it.”
              http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...izzlies_012812

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I hear ya, Matt. But sounds like Gay is looking forward to making it work with Memphis.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...izzlies_012812
                What Rudy wants and what Heisley wants might be two different things though.

By the way, I realize it is a pipe dream....... or is it? lol

Comment

What Rudy wants and what Heisley wants might be two different things though.

By the way, I realize it is a pipe dream....... or is it? lol
                  Right, but with Randolph missing games, and Gay leading Memphis to a 9-6 record without him, maybe Heisley starts to think Gay's a keeper

Comment

a Chandler/Bargnani/Valanciunas/J.Johnson/A.Johnson front court rotation is loaded with versatility hustle defense and scoring. Sign me up for this
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I see your Rudy/3 and Chandler/2 and like the idea but perhaps Chandler/3 and Mayo/2 is a little more realistic?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thats 144 minutes spread between 5 guys work out to just less than 30 minutes each. Obviously starters would play a bit more but it would give the Johnsons more than enough reason to stick around Toronto.
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

No surprise here that I am totally on board with getting Chandler into Toronto. He would fit in very well. Definitely a player for the future with the versatility to play either wing position, and fits in very well to what BC said at the onset of the pre-season wanting to get versatile players (a la JJohnson) that can play/guard multiple positions. He is exactly the player I thought of when I heard him say that. Since we have to free up a roster spot as well as some extra $ I would expect Barbosa would be traded.

On a side note, even though I read the rumour site on HH multiple times a day I missed this, and hoopshype pisses me off when they do an update within a grouping instead of a new section. If I had the patience I would wait until the end of the day, but as it is I miss some updates as they get buried within reports that have already been posted on their site. F*!*@*@*!K.

Comment

not sure i see it. i get that chandler is an upgrade over JJ, but the way things seem to be playing out, the raps look like they'd be in position to draft either barnes or MKG. so, is chandler so much of an upgrade that you'd go with him at the 3 (making potentially much more over the life of his deal, with less controllable years than an incoming rookie) over either of those guys? is what he gives you in terms of on-court value & $-value significantly better than what those guys will? i'd argue that it is in the short-term, but likely not long-term.

let's say they make moves (as matt mentions) to free up more available $ to acquire chandler, and it works, he becomes a raptor. they're still not good enough to make a playoff push (IMO), and are still likely a bottom-8-ish team in the L, so they'd be looking at a relatively high pick. the biggest downside to me is that chandler would help them win a few meaningless late games & hurt their lotto chances. i

suppose on some levels going after chandler & filling a position of need with a (relatively) known quantity is better (or at least safer) than gambling on a SF that you like (barnes/MKG) being available when you pick....and it gives the team the freedom to just go get the guy they like best (disregarding position) in the draft, and let the chips fall where they may.

still, i have a feeling that if chandler became a raptor, there'd be some disappointed folks around here. we have a way of building players up into an idea of what we want them to be.
                            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

The underrated part of this article that is not getting much attention is that the Raptors are searching for more picks while using Calderon and Barbosa. Assuming that is true then BC must not be worried about having more then two rookies on the roster if we are poking for more.
                              http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

If the Raps are gonna throw money at a SF, I'd rather they wait until the offseason and throw it at Batum. He's a much better fit offensively with a lineup that includes Bargs, DeRozan and Valanciunas going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X