Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think we should keep Barbosa for the trade deadline. I would try moving Bayless, and another lower payed player to a team with a TPE (seperate transactions). I think Chandler will not get match if we sign him for 8-9 mil. I'm sure that there are some teams in the West that would facilitate a trade like that. Denver is the 9th seed right now, and I'm sure some teams want to keep it that way.
    I keep seeing these numbers being thrown around for WC which I dont entirely understand given his current profile and recent history. It does seem a bit extravagant which really does the Raps no good in terms of future flexibility. The guy is undoubtedly a good player and does have upside but 8,9 10 (in another post) per???

Here is a list of 2011 most efficient SFs (salary wise). It was compiled during the lockout so a bit dated. The new SFs getting attention are Galinari who scored 10 mil per and Batum who will be shooting for that fig. I guess. Both of them are/will be starters on good teams. Can WC be a starter on those teams with similar production? I hesitate. I think he is a bit below their class.

oops...missed the link...

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nbas-most-cost-efficient-sfs
    Last edited by Bendit; Thu Feb 23, 2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      I keep seeing these numbers being thrown around for WC which I dont entirely understand given his current profile and recent history. It does seem a bit extravagant which really does the Raps no good in terms of future flexibility. The guy is undoubtedly a good player and does have upside but 8,9 10 (in another post) per???

Here is a list of 2011 most efficient SFs (salary wise). It was compiled during the lockout so a bit dated. The new SFs getting attention are Galinari who scored 10 mil per and Batum who will be shooting for that fig. I guess. Both of them are/will be starters on good teams. Can WC be a starter on those teams with similar production? I hesitate. I think he is a bit below their class.
      I agree that his not in Gallo's class but, it's fair to say he is in the same one as Batum. Batum hasn't proven that much in his year in Portland to be more than a good player. I say 6-8 no more, no less(wouldn't take it).
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think bosa and forbes should be gone for a pick and maybe a cheap prospect. Then you sign WC and boss the rest of the season. You choose Q.Miller in the draft and let him play behind Chandler until he develops into KD Jr. Sounds like a good plan

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          I think bosa and forbes should be gone for a pick and maybe a cheap prospect. Then you sign WC and boss the rest of the season. You choose Q.Miller in the draft and let him play behind Chandler until he develops into KD Jr. Sounds like a good plan
          Except Forbes can't be traded until March 1st at which time WC can't be signed.

Comment

• oh well that sucks

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              oh well that sucks
              Don't worry he does that to me all the time
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                Imagine what a lineup of

PG
                Chandler
                JJ
                Ed
                JV

..would do defensively? With Chandler and JV there even might be some scoring!
                Yes, low scoring.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Memo to BC, re: 3 steps to acquire Chandler

1. Trade Barbosa and take no salary back. Was hoping for late 1st round pick, but the league now knows why he needs to be traded ASAP, so settle for a 2nd round pick. $7.6M more cap space freed up, giving you $11.9M cap space total.

2. Trade for Andersen from Denver. This is the "you scratch his back" portion of the "Chandler S&T that isn't really a S&T" deal. By taking on Andersen's salary, he lets you sign Chandler this year, before more teams have cap space to start an all-out bidding war in the offseason. $4.3M cap space used up, giving you $7.6 cap space total.

3. Sign Chandler to a contract. 4 years / $24-28M sounds about right.
                  If Amir makes $7M a year I think Chandler may demand/ and deserve more.
                  Deadallus

Comment

• Deadallus wrote: View Post
                    If Amir makes $7M a year I think Chandler may demand/ and deserve more.
                    But he doesn't make $7M per year. He makes $5, $5.5, $6, $6.5, and $7M ($7 in his final year) over the course of his contract.

Also big men come at a much higher premium than wing players. No offense or disrespect to WC or wings in general, but in comparison to a good big man, they are a dime adozen.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      ...No offense or disrespect to WC or wings in general, but in comparison to a good big man, they are a dime adozen.
                      Except the Raptors seem to be having trouble coming up with a good one. :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Except the Raptors seem to be having trouble coming up with a good one. :-)
                        Haha it's so true!

I would say good PF's are a dime a dozen. I think to get WC it will be at least 7 mil. It's a good pick up because he can play the 2 and the 3. He would be an amazing sixth man if we grab a SF in the draft. Barbosa was originally supposed to play PG and SG, but he pretty much only sticks to SG. I think he is close to Barbosa's value.

Comment

• Would you consider trading away our 2nd round pick for $3M in cash? That $3M tacked on to our $4.3M cap space would give us about $7.3M to make a solid offer for Chandler.

I can see a team like Sacramento willing to pay $3M for another 2nd rounder. Especially one that could be in the high 30's.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Would you consider trading away our 2nd round pick for $3M in cash? That $3M tacked on to our $4.3M cap space would give us about $7.3M to make a solid offer for Chandler.

I can see a team like Sacramento willing to pay $3M for another 2nd rounder. Especially one that could be in the high 30's.
                            I don't think the money being traded works like that. Its $3M CASH. So the owner is the only one who really benefits from those deals, but of course it will eventually get invested back into the team. But it does not mean that there is $3M extra in the Cap. The Cap is the Cap, and our Salary is our Salary.
                            I believe this to be the case anyway. Could be wrong though.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I don't think the money being traded works like that. Its $3M CASH. So the owner is the only one who really benefits from those deals, but of course it will eventually get invested back into the team. But it does not mean that there is $3M extra in the Cap. The Cap is the Cap, and our Salary is our Salary.
                              I believe this to be the case anyway. Could be wrong though.
                              You're not wrong.

$3M is straight up cash.

It does nothing for salary cap.

Comment

• I just hope Colangelo can make the right moves before Mar 1st to attain Wilson Chandler, if we can't get him no hard feelings, but if that doesn't happen I want to see a deadline trade happen shipping Barbosa & filling cap/player for some type of money/pick/young player.

Anything to have Wilson Chandler would be beautiful, and we go into the draft with the ability to draft a backup shooting guard or small forward.

PG - Jose, Jerryd
                                SG - Demar, 2012 pick, Forbes
                                SF - Chandler, 2012 pick, James Johnson, Kleiza
                                PF - Bargnani, Davis, Johnson
                                C - Valanciunas, Gray, Magloire

If we are able to attain a small forward like Batum or Chandler, wouldn't it seem smarter to draft a shooting guard? Because of the depth of Kleiza, Johnson, and Chandler. I just don't believe Kleiza or Johnson are leaving this team anytime soon. Point Guard talent is low this year. We have Valanciunas coming in, and Bargnani at the 4.

But I would see why anyone would choose Barnes/Gilchrist over Beal/Lamb.

But NBADraft.net has us at 5 taking Lamb. Interesting for sure. What you guys think?
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X