Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Right, but with Randolph missing games, and Gay leading Memphis to a 9-6 record without him, maybe Heisley starts to think Gay's a keeper
    did i hear that zach might be done for the year?

further...anyone check out the grizz record with both gay & z-bo in the lineup? it's reminiscent of the knicks record with melo & stat playing together. leads one to believe that the grizz may have to make a decision re. gay & z-bo, and my money would be on z-bo being dealt before gay.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Does anyone know how the Chandler situation works this year? Any offer we make would have to wait until the summer, correct?

And once he's cleared of his Chinese obligations, he's clear to play out the remainder of the 2011-12 season with Denver, right?

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
        did i hear that zach might be done for the year?

further...anyone check out the grizz record with both gay & z-bo in the lineup? it's reminiscent of the knicks record with melo & stat playing together. leads one to believe that the grizz may have to make a decision re. gay & z-bo, and my money would be on z-bo being dealt before gay.
        Except they need a taker for that, and NJ now has an owner that wants to win so where would he go?

Comment

After reading about the raps trying to get chandler and more draft picks i started to really think about it. Seems to me were stocking tons of assets to get a big name player somehow via trade. ex. trading our 1st another draft pick plus derozan... what could that get us? thats just one of msany examples. i tihnk BC has a trick up his sleeve and it makes me very excited for the summer.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            The underrated part of this article that is not getting much attention is that the Raptors are searching for more picks while using Calderon and Barbosa. Assuming that is true then BC must not be worried about having more then two rookies on the roster if we are poking for more.
            I don't think he would do the more than two rookies thing normally. But the 2012 draft is deep for a lot of reasons...so if there was a year to do that, it would be this one
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
              "The Raptors are shopping. They’d like to pick up another draft pick or two, but the real need is at Small Forward. Sources close to the process say the Raptors plan to make life hard on the Denver Nuggets with regards to restricted Wilson Chandler. Wilson is waiting for his clearance from China after dominating in the CBA." via Hoopshype.com
              Things have been quiet on the trade front ... finally some news. This would be a good deal for Toronto. He is young enough to have lots of upside ahead and yet been a pro for 3 years so the learning curve wont drive you crazy.

this deal would signal that the raps are going PG in the draft for sure.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Does anyone know how the Chandler situation works this year? Any offer we make would have to wait until the summer, correct?

And once he's cleared of his Chinese obligations, he's clear to play out the remainder of the 2011-12 season with Denver, right?
                He was a Restricted Free Agent as of this previous Off-Season. He isn't currently part of the Nuggets or any NBA club. Denver has his RFA Rights.
                Denver made a qualifying offer for the 2011-12, which he could have chosen to sign, but instead signed in the CBA.
                By making the Qualifying Offer, Denver is given his Restricted Free Agent Rights, for whenever he choses to sign in the NBA. (Similar to our situation with Sonny Weems)

So once he is able to sign in the NBA, Denver will have the chance to Match any Offer given to him for the 2012 Season.
                Any contract offer made for the 2012 season, will Count immediately against the cap as would signing any Free Agent from the pool.

However, as mentioned in the article, any deal would surely be a Sign-and-Trade deal, thus Denver would sign him initially, not Toronto. Not sure what the situation is in terms of what Denver can offer, but it is likely far more lucrative than the $4M Toronto currently has available to them.

If anyone wants to add to this, please feel free. This is all just off the top of my head.

Hope this helps though!
                Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 30, 2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  After reading about the raps trying to get chandler and more draft picks i started to really think about it. Seems to me were stocking tons of assets to get a big name player somehow via trade. ex. trading our 1st another draft pick plus derozan... what could that get us? thats just one of msany examples. i tihnk BC has a trick up his sleeve and it makes me very excited for the summer.
                  BC has a very uninspiring record as a deal maker as Raptors GM. He has the guts to pull the trigger but his dealing or lack of making the right deal is responsible for the Raptors current state.

Comment

While Wilson Chandler is an upgrade over Linas Kleiza and James Johnson, he is no more than an average quality starter at small forward in my opinion. I would hesitate greatly before offering him a contract worth $7.5M or more per season.

It's unclear to me whether the player most impacted by Wilson Chandler's signing should count as trade bait or as a liability against the salary cap. If it's Linas Kleiza, then the latter may be true (but we can hope will be part of a S&T deal with the Nuggets).

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                      It's unclear to me whether the player most impacted by Wilson Chandler's signing should count as trade bait or as a liability against the salary cap. If it's Linas Kleiza, then the latter may be true (but we can hope will be part of a S&T deal with the Nuggets).
                      Anything higher than $9M is too much for me. With Ujiri being the GM of Denver, and his history with Bryan, I think there could be a very favourable sign and trade that takes place. Perhaps JJ + Bayless for Chandler.

I don't think Kleiza's salary is that bad personally, he's still young (27) and he seems to be adjusting fine to his injury. I'd also prefer to keep him for next year when JV comes here and I think he'd be a very easy piece to move in any future trades, since he makes less than $5M a year and is a very serviceable player.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                        While Wilson Chandler is an upgrade over Linas Kleiza and James Johnson, he is no more than an average quality starter at small forward in my opinion. I would hesitate greatly before offering him a contract worth $7.5M or more per season.

Outside of the superstar small forwards (i.e. LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc.), IMO Chandler has potential of being one of those solid two-way, 2nd-tier small forwards (like Iguodala, Wallace, Marion, Butler, Jefferson, in their primes). $7.5M is money well spent in that regard.

Comment

Right, but with Randolph missing games, and Gay leading Memphis to a 9-6 record without him, maybe Heisley starts to think Gay's a keeper
                          But with Gay and Randolph failing to co-exist in limited time together this season plus the resurgence of Memphis last year when Gay went down with the shoulder injury (i.e. Gay and Randolph were not good together last year either) then faced with the reality that their star player's salaries are only going up with other holes on the roster, someone might become expendable..... or at least that is my hope.... and if that happens Gay will be much easier to move than Z-Bo.

Comment

Outside of the superstar small forwards (i.e. LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc.), IMO Chandler has potential of being one of those solid two-way, 2nd-tier small forwards (like Iguodala, Wallace, Marion, Butler, Jefferson, in their primes). $7.5M is money well spent in that regard.
                            I agree.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              I see your Rudy/3 and Chandler/2 and like the idea but perhaps Chandler/3 and Mayo/2 is a little more realistic?
                              We don't do realism around here, mister. lol

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                                A couple of picks would scream to me either LA or Houston (since NOLA won't be trading their 2 picks).

Comment

Working...
                                X