February 5th - Miami HEAT - I had a dream that Rap beat the Heat 94-89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 5th - Miami HEAT - I had a dream that Rap beat the Heat 94-89

Call me crazy but dreams do come through sometimes. Demar went off for 31 points and Barbosa had 25. Maybe our guys will find a way to make this dream come through. Crazier things has happened. When was the last time the Raps beat the heat anyway? When Jermaine O'Neil was there?

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Call me crazy but dreams do come through sometimes. Demar went off for 31 points and Barbosa had 25. Maybe our guys will find a way to make this dream come through. Crazier things has happened. When was the last time the Raps beat the heat anyway? When Jermaine O'Neil was there?
    You shouldn't take a handful of shrooms before bed.

Ha- just joking. I hope the dream does come true.

Comment

February 5th - Miami Heat

ESPN Preview:

A brief homestand for the Miami Heat features visits from the former teams of Chris Bosh and LeBron James.

Bosh is the first to get a look at his old club Sunday when the Heat look to defeat the Toronto Raptors for the sixth straight time.

Neither Bosh nor James has dropped a home game against his former team, and James will get another crack at Cleveland on Tuesday in the finale of this two-game stretch at home. Bosh, meanwhile, saw action twice in Miami's four-game sweep of Toronto (8-16) last season, totaling 37 points and 12 rebounds.

The Raptors' No. 4 overall pick in 2003 has been quiet lately, averaging 11.0 points and 5.7 boards in the last three games. His limited production didn't matter Friday as the Heat won 99-79 at Philadelphia to move ahead of the 76ers in the Eastern Conference standings.

Miami (17-6) shot 51.9 percent and made 8 of 13 3-pointers in bouncing back from Wednesday's 105-97 loss at Milwaukee that ended a five-game win streak. Dwyane Wade led six Heat players in double figures with 26 points.

"Tonight was probably the best game from start to finish, as far as playing hard and communicating on both ends, that we had all season," said James, who had 19 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists. "So it was a good win."

James credited coach Erik Spoelstra's tough practice Thursday in which the Heat broke down all aspects of the team via film and some honest communication.

"It was no-holds barred, no tongues being held," James said. "If we're going to be held to a championship standard, we need to go out and play like it. No one can take things personal if someone says something to him. We've got to take constructive criticism."

The Heat have won four straight at home, where they are averaging 105.3 points for one of the NBA's best marks. Toronto has dropped four in a row at Miami and fell by an average of 13.0 points in the four meetings last season.

At least the Raptors had Andrea Bargnani to average 29.3 points in three meetings with the Heat last season. Bargnani has replaced Bosh as the face of the franchise, but the 7-foot Italian is out with a calf injury.

Toronto dropped consecutive games to Atlanta and Boston by averaging 70.5 points on 35.6 percent shooting before taking advantage of another woeful team in Friday's 106-89 win over Washington. Leandro Barbosa, who missed Friday's shootaround with flulike symptoms, had a team-high 19 points.

"Just the overall focus I thought was good," coach Dwane Casey said. "They came out like a team that was embarrassed by what happened against Atlanta and Boston."

Amir Johnson had 18 points and 13 boards while Jose Calderon handed out a season-high 17 assists -- one off the most by an NBA player this season.

"Somebody has to stay positive and keep a smile on their face, just to stay positive and keep playing," Johnson said. "We have a lot of season left."

Barbosa's 40.2 field-goal percentage versus the Heat, including 7 for 25 the last three times he faced them, is his lowest against an Eastern Conference opponent.

Wade has averaged 32.1 points in his last eight matchups with Toronto.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
        How in the world do you remember not only the score of the game, but stats as well?? lol I can't even remember if I had a a dream last night, let alone details of it!

Pretty high scoring game so far...

Comment

who can provide me with ok stream link?
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Mental Victory?

Comment

They lost 95-89 so you were really close

Comment

great loss

Comment

That 3rd quarter drought was really the difference in the game. The Raps had nobody to step up and make a shot. If only we had a guy who could carry the scoring load in a drought.... er, wait a minute.

I truly hate the way NBA games are officiated and the liberties douchebags like Wade and LeBron are awarded.

Too funny to watch Wade complain about that out of bounds call on him at the end of the 4th quarter (LeBron threw the deep outlet and DeMar tipped it). He still complains AFTER the referees go to the video. C'mon, man.

A classic case of crazy and crazier:
                  Crazy - the Raptors have a chance to win.
                  Crazier - the Raptors have a chance to win with Calderon and Barbosa each having one of their worst games of the season.

Did anyone find out where DeRozan went after the first half? He must have caught the early flight to Washington. But in all seriousness, he played some good ball in the first half despite having to match up with the King.... of Douchery, that is.

Ed Davis had a nice game - despite the blow by Bosh had.

I am struggling to figure out my current favourite Raptor: Gray or Kleiza.

Bayless hit some clutch shots.... but he also provided another example of why he is not a PG.

Comment

The worst thing that came out of this game is Barbosa's and Calderon's trade value. A lot of people must have been watching this game, and with these guys throwing up duds it probably makes Bryan's job a lot harder.

The best thing that came out of this game (despite the fact that it was close to the end), was that Ledouche did not get at least 5 assists. Nothing better then preventing him from being discussed as one of the best players ever.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      ...Did anyone find out where DeRozan went after the first half?...
                      He went looking for the reason why Bayless wasn't passing him the ball. I hate the last five minutes in a close game with Bayless on the floor. Why does he think it's all on him to win the game. He hit some shots, which was nice. On 2 out of 3 of them, there were shooters with better shots wide open. If he makes them it just encourages him to go ahead and miss the next 4, or to dribble away 20 seconds off the shot clock looking for his own shot and then make a desperation cross court pass to someone else in a bad spot who has to throw up an off balance hail mary.

Comment

Hence dreams are called dreams.

Solid showing though. Demar's 1st quarter was amazing.

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
                          They lost 95-89 so you were really close
                          was close. lol wrong team. no more posting my dream. ESPN gave the raps a 9% chance to win

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            How in the world do you remember not only the score of the game, but stats as well?? lol I can't even remember if I had a a dream last night, let alone details of it!

Pretty high scoring game so far...
                            man, i always have deja-vu like at least once a week, it's usually someone saying something on the tube. i can't for the life of me figure out where i heard itbefore and i figure i must have dreamed it, and it got implanted in my brain, but it's one of those non-visual dreams. it creeps me out. deja-vu is probably the most retarded thing that i sometimes wonder if it's even coincidental. anyways, guy got close with the score just needed to switch the teams.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              who can provide me with ok stream link?
                              dude, you should download the tsn mobile tv(though it prolly cost money) or at least get score mobile it allows you to monitor the game as close as possible almost if you cant view it.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X