No announcement yet.

February 12 - Los Angeles Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, i really wanted to see calderon sink a game winner right in Kobe's face. Would have been so much fun.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Man, as much as I can tell myself that this is good for our draft chances, I really wanted that win. Butler's my least favorite player on the team, but there's no doubt in my mind that he called for a timeout before the 5 seconds was up.

Comment

It's not Butler's fault. He did try to call a timeout before the five seconds and so did Casey. But you know what? NBA don't give a crap about the Raptors or any lowly team in the NBA. They only give a crap to the upper teams that are going to the playoffs. Fixed game! NBA is horrible to watch nowadays cuz of all the corruption and prejudice. Screw the NBA, the refs and Stern. They shouldn't just make the ref pay a fine for bad calls. They should also consider firing their ass for lazy incompetence. At least pretend to look at the replay! God!

Comment

We need better screens/runarounds on end of game inbound plays. Even the last play was terrible with DD getting the ball with the game he was having shooting and Peace (or was it Barnes) on him to boot.

But as a "tanker"...proud of the way the team played...they didnt give up and we can dump on the refs!!

Comment

I'm one of those people who at the start of the season said I wanted to see exactly this: close, hard-fought games, where our team shows a lot of guts and character, and just loses at the end ... for the draft pick.

After seeing what we did with both the Heat and the Lakers recently, I'm reminded of that old saying: "be careful what you wish for, you may get it".

Grrrrr.

Comment

It's about time the league started fining officials for the bs calls they make. Right now they're fining the wrong people.

Comment

I hope Casey and some players accept a fine and complain about the shitty officiating, the refs shouldn't impact the game. That inbounds play was the biggest douche move I have seen. Look at the player before you blow the whistle.

Comment

Better Lakers Closer?

Comment

You'll recall that Scott Foster was the referee who received more than 134 phone calls from Tim Donaghy. Now, R.J. Bell, a sports betting expert, has examined the lines in the games surrounding those telephone calls. He found that when the line moved two points or more (described as a significant line move in NBA games), the money moving that line was 7 for 7.
                    Per Bell:"During the 2006-07 period under investigation, seven games refereed by Scott Foster had lopsided enough betting on one team to move the point spread by at least 2 points; those seven teams were undefeated against Vegas meaning that the big-money gamblers won a 7 of 7 times on Fosters games; the odds of that happening randomly are less than 1%.Statistics alone cannot convict, but its certainly noteworthy that seven times in Fosters games one team was bet extremely heavily, and all seven times that team won."
                    Later on Bell examines the particular circumstances of a few of these games. I'm far from an expert in gambling but this story is gaining credence. And the NBA, for once, seems to be behind the curve in explaining away all of these "coincidences."
                    Source
                    Scott Foster is Corrupt and it's been proven. I don't know how he's still in the league.

Comment

some one needs to murder that ref. Fucking asshole needs to go back to kindergarten to learn how to count

Comment

Posted in the other thread, but I guess its relevant here:
                        You'll recall that Scott Foster was the referee who received more than 134 phone calls from Tim Donaghy. Now, R.J. Bell, a sports betting expert, has examined the lines in the games surrounding those telephone calls. He found that when the line moved two points or more (described as a significant line move in NBA games), the money moving that line was 7 for 7.
                        Per Bell:"During the 2006-07 period under investigation, seven games refereed by Scott Foster had lopsided enough betting on one team to move the point spread by at least 2 points; those seven teams were undefeated against Vegas meaning that the big-money gamblers won a 7 of 7 times on Fosters games; the odds of that happening randomly are less than 1%.Statistics alone cannot convict, but its certainly noteworthy that seven times in Fosters games one team was bet extremely heavily, and all seven times that team won."
                        Later on Bell examines the particular circumstances of a few of these games. I'm far from an expert in gambling but this story is gaining credence. And the NBA, for once, seems to be behind the curve in explaining away all of these "coincidences."
                        Source
                        Scott Foster is Corrupt and it's been proven. I don't know how he's still in the league.

Comment

Same cocksucker who was in cahoots with Donaghy

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../11/04/foster/

Comment

that dick shouldn't ever officiate a raptors game again I'll personally run on the court and kick his ass.

Comment

What kind of joke is this?

First the boston game where the player(butler?) was calling out Time out right in front of the refs face when they were tied up, now this bull.

NBA needs a major revamp...

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                that dick shouldn't ever officiate a raptors game again I'll personally run on the court and kick his ass.
                                He shouldn't ever officiate ANY game in the NBA. But somehow he is. I don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X