No announcement yet.

ESPN's Future Power Rankings : Raps 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next year is a sure thing no doubt about it. Playoffs all day everyday, we are holding our own against great teams without Andrea. Imagine what we could do with Andrea, Big V, our draft pick and Whatever FA we sign. Don't ask if we'll make the playoffs ask what position we'll be in the playoffs.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Next year is a sure thing no doubt about it. Playoffs all day everyday, we are holding our own against great teams without Andrea. Imagine what we could do with Andrea, Big V, our draft pick and Whatever FA we sign. Don't ask if we'll make the playoffs ask what position we'll be in the playoffs.
      Throw in a full summer of controlled conditioning/workouts, plus a full training camp.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        Man, you got me energized!!!

But seriously, i share the same sentiments. The only things that could go wrong are:

JV turns out to be a dud on the pick and roll.
        Bargnani regresses.
        Calderon gets injured.
        Demar stays on regression.

Ive been meaning to ask, with the cap space in the offseason, will it be enough for the Raps to sign 2 max players?

Comment

I don't think it's enough to sign 1 max free agent

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I don't think it's enough to sign 1 max free agent
            Really?? I thought they had at least $24mil

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              They have about $47M tied up in 10 players.

$11M in cap space.

Remove Jose, $21.5M.

Comment

The only way they would have close to that much space would be if they amnestied Calderon:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

*Missing from that page is Forbes' contract.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  The only way they would have close to that much space would be if they amnestied Calderon:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

*Missing from that page is Forbes' contract.
                  http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._2012_Cap_Room

I know he said "could have as much" but I think he is going towards that number.

Comment

I think its spot on. Cap space or not, who wants to come here to play when we have to dodge polar bears on the roads and wear parkas in the middle of the summer. That's what happens when you cross that imaginary boarder into Canada right?
                    Deadallus

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                      I think its spot on. Cap space or not, who wants to come here to play when we have to dodge polar bears on the roads and wear parkas in the middle of the summer. That's what happens when you cross that imaginary boarder into Canada right?
                      Jennings has already expressed love for Toronto, maybe the Raptors can try to acquire him.

Comment

For Jose's price tag they might be able to sign two solid PGs. That said, the safe bet might be to spend the money on a guy like Kirk Hinrich to place in a timeshare with Jose and then burn the rest on an up and comer like Batum. Whether the Raptors draft a 2 or 3, Batum can start in the other slot. Hinrich has the defensive ability Jose lacks so if they need D then send in Hinrich to close out the game, if they need shooting and play making they send in Jose. That's one of many ideas. D.J Augustin is another guy who could work in a timeshare with Joe but he will cost more than Hinrich.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._2012_Cap_Room

I know he said "could have as much" but I think he is going towards that number.
                          But he is not counting the $1.5M contract Forbes was since given and he is assuming Jose is traded or amnestied.

Also, JV will have a starting salary of very close to $3M and we can assume the 2012 pick will as well.

Calderon, Bargnani, DD, ED, Amir, JJ, Kleiza, Forbes, JV, 2012 pick = $47M

Comment

If they decide to ride it out with Calderon then the only other big contract on the team is Bargnani's and he's safe. They could elect to amnesty a guy like Kleiza, who might free up enough to put the Raptors in play for their guy(s), while also not requiring a huge sell to the board. Kleiza has no doubt played well for them this season though. He doesn't deserve to be dumped this is a business and I'm sure he wouldn't be too broken up about the potential to possibly walk away early from the job while keeping all the money.

Comment

gerald wallace, lets sign this guy for next season. averages around 38 mins a game, is a veteran, good defender, and slasher all rolled into one. do you guys think he can play the shooting guard position with derozan coming off the bench?

all that's left is to sign a veteran centre who can play while valanciunas adjusts...........chris kaman, can't think of anyone else realistically coming here.............

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                                gerald wallace, lets sign this guy for next season. averages around 38 mins a game, is a veteran, good defender, and slasher all rolled into one. do you guys think he can play the shooting guard position with derozan coming off the bench?

all that's left is to sign a veteran centre who can play while valanciunas adjusts...........chris kaman, can't think of anyone else realistically coming here.............
                                Colangelo made inquiries a year or so ago about aquiring Gerald Wallace. Wallace let it be known that he would not be happy if he ended up in Toronto. He ended up in Portland instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X