Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't James Johnson see more playing time in the fourth quarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't James Johnson see more playing time in the fourth quarter?

As an example why was he not on the floor in crunch time against the Knicks when Toronto had the lead. Instead Toronto played Calderon, DD, Barbosa and Kleiza - and undersized lineup and all below average defenders. Yes, he had five fouls, but with four or five minutes left he should have been on the floor.

I also believe he saw limited playing time in the 4th against the Lakers. Would you rather have DD or JJ guarding Kobe? Especially when JJ only had 3 personal fouls.

black angus wrote: View Post
    As an example why was he not on the floor in crunch time against the Knicks when Toronto had the lead. Instead Toronto played Calderon, DD, Barbosa and Kleiza - and undersized lineup and all below average defenders. Yes, he had five fouls, but with four or five minutes left he should have been on the floor.

I also believe he saw limited playing time in the 4th against the Lakers. Would you rather have DD or JJ guarding Kobe? Especially when JJ only had 3 personal fouls.
    He had 5 fouls in 17 minutes - many of which were stupid. If the team is to rely on him, he has to show his head will be out of his ass when it matters. He didn't do that last night.

Comment

I agree with Matt. It seems like Casey is very high on JJ, but last night seemed like a message was being sent to him. "You wanna play in crunch time? Well, smarten the eff up!"

Comment

Maybe I can understand the Knicks game, but what about the Lakers game?

Casey sending a message... or BC sending a message to Casey that they probably shouldn't win too many games this year.

Comment

JJ would have made a huge difference defensively in yesterdays game. He is also a great rebounder and shot blocker, he might have had a couple of nice blocks on Lin but he didn't get the chance.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            JJ would have made a huge difference defensively in yesterdays game. He is also a great rebounder and shot blocker, he might have had a couple of nice blocks on Lin but he didn't get the chance.
            Right.... but don't forget he didn't have the chance because he took himself out of the game with 5 fouls in 17 minutes.

Comment

Casey sending a message... or BC sending a message to Casey that they probably shouldn't win too many games this year.
              Honestly, I can't remember the Lakers game. 20 month old daughter, work, 8.5 month pregnant wife...... remember on Sunday when I put the game up as February 11th? Been that kind of month.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Honestly, I can't remember the Lakers game. 20 month old daughter, work, 8.5 month pregnant wife...... remember on Sunday when I put the game up as February 11th? Been that kind of month.
                Kleiza was killing that game (like he has been for the last few games). You're not gonna put JJ on Gasol. No way.

Sure JJ's defense is nice. But Kleiza's is given much needed offense without the Bargs. There's only so many games where you can put JJ on a PF and go small.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

JJ was having a good game against the Lakers but Kleiza was scoring in bunches and they were down big needing all the offence they could get.

Comment

Working...
                  X