Shawn Marion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't like this idea. Marion is a guy who has depended on athleticism a lot in his career to be a high impact player. The Raptors are better suited to hit the market running than to do this unless the Mavs are willing to cough up a few 1st round picks: one late first round pick for each year the Raptors have to carry Marion's $9M/yr salary.
    name me a person in the nba who doesnt rely on athleticism?!

it's a stupid saying and get's said out of context. But, I know what you mean, he hasn't started since he played here and at his age, and body type, mainly height it'll be a tough transition back. although, he's still a good defendor.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

We already have a younger version of shawn marion in james johnson. Both are great defenders(JJ is getting there), both have mad hops and athleticism and they aren't great shooters. I see loads of potential in James Johnson

Comment

Nah, we let him walk for a reason. I think we should save our cap for the summer. Dallas doesn't have anything sweet to give back.

Comment

Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
          Marion is a solid player, even given he has regressed from his Phoenix days, however I dont see how he improves our team right now. I think it is a side-ways move at best. We need long-term pieces, not stop-gap measures for 1-2 years. I rather take my chances in free agency with someone younger and more to contribute to our team. I'm perfectly fine with what JJ is bringing us and would not want take on Shawn Marion and his contract to usurp JJ.
          Agree 100%. I have nothing against Marion and wish he had stayed the first time we had him, but it's time to build towards the future and 34 years plus 9mil isn't going to help get that done.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
            Nah, we let him walk for a reason. I think we should save our cap for the summer. Dallas doesn't have anything sweet to give back.
            that reason being we thought hedo turkoglu who is unathletic to the extreme compared to marion was a better fit. Colangelo cracked under the pressure of knowing if he didn't sign a top fa and blow up the team he would have been fired. We all know what happened after that Hedo sucked taint, Marion played good off the bench and starting got a ring and we lost our top player and our biggest signing ever was a flop.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6rpx7z9

and we get the picks from la

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                name me a person in the nba who doesnt rely on athleticism?!

it's a stupid saying and get's said out of context. But, I know what you mean, he hasn't started since he played here and at his age, and body type, mainly height it'll be a tough transition back. although, he's still a good defendor.
                jimmer, kapono, rasual butler come to mind. most straight spot up shooters.

Comment

i thought BC let marion walk because marion wanted more money than BC offered. that led to signing hedo who i guess BC felt was worth more. he was wrong about hedo, but i don't think he's changed his mind about marion. besides, unless there's a significant talent difference from jj/kleiza, i don't think it's worth filling up the cap by that much.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    jimmer, kapono, rasual butler come to mind. most straight spot up shooters.
                    Matt Bonner, Aaron Gray

Comment

Working...
                    X