No announcement yet.

Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And plus Nash himself can attract some free agents, like Shannon Brown etc.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• I can see the logic in Dallas...but if the Mav's are reloading, do they want 3 yrs at the end of Nash's career or 6 yrs at the prime of D-Will's? But Cuban's not the kind of guy who would take a pass on Nash, is he?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        I can see the logic in Dallas...but if the Mav's are reloading, do they want 3 yrs at the end of Nash's career or 6 yrs at the prime of D-Will's? But Cuban's not the kind of guy who would take a pass on Nash, is he?
        I think the idea of Nash to Dallas is if they swing and miss on Williams.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          I don't think Nash is going to have a huge impact on attracting Canadian talent as we may think. I feel that the young talent coming up right now have already shown a commitment to playing for Canada in junior competitions. The young guys are excited about the team when they play, and have achieved success, and that is what will keep them involved.
          Agreed. Mcdonalds All Americans like Thompson, Joseph, Wiggins, Bennett, Birch and Kabongo have all put in plenty of time for the national program. Unless Rautins' reputation really is that bad, there's no reason to assume they weren't going to continue with the senior squad at some point.

Comment

• I think Nash is the kind of player who thinks about his legacy. What impact has he had, can he have, and what does he want to be remembered for.

How much does he care about a ring? I am sure he would love to have one, but I doubt if it is the number one thing on his mind. You can't take away consecutive MVP awards by saying "Yeah, but how many championships has he won?"

He may think in terms of what kind of an impact can he have on basketball in Canada, if he is playing on, and finishes his career on Canada's basketball team.

He may think about young fans being in a position to cheer on a significant Canadian player on the Raptors. He may want to be in a position to influence young Canadian athletes to look at basketball as something they can aspire to. He has already accepted a position where his primary goal will be to encourage the best basketball players in the country to play for their national team.

Given the money being otherwise equal, he may see helping Canada get into the medal round at the Olympics as a far more significant achievement than winning a ring on a team that he rented himself out to. He may see the task of bringing the Raptors back to relevancy as a far greater accomplishment than winning a ring on one of the 3-4 stacked teams in large markets that he would have to go to. As far as that goes, being a bit player on a stacked team doesn't seem like that great of an accomplishment. More like being along for the ride. That doesn't sound like Steve Nash to me. But what do I know.

Comment

• We can only surmise as to what Nash is thinking.

There is no doubt this is a positive step for basketball in Canada. Playing with the raptors is the next best thing he can do to to achieve his stated goals as the lead man of basketball Canada.

The case for Steve Nash to the Raptors is growing stronger.

Comment

• Maybe we should already buy the wheelchair we need to drive Nash and his troubled back to the old people's home after games.

Comment

• Maurizio hires Nash. Nash rehires Triano. Nash comes to play for the Raptors. The circle is complete

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    Maybe we should already buy the wheelchair we need to drive Nash and his troubled back to the old people's home after games.
                    LOL! He ended up playing 62 out of the 66 games in this shortened season with an average of 31:36 mpg. I'd be curious to know how much pain he was in playing all those minutes. My guess is that with his current workout program that he no longer has back issues - but that's a secret he would never reveal in public.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      LOL! He ended up playing 62 out of the 66 games in this shortened season with an average of 31:36 mpg. I'd be curious to know how much pain he was in playing all those minutes. My guess is that with his current workout program that he no longer has back issues - but that's a secret he would never reveal in public.
                      My only concern is that without the favourable climate of Phoenix and that nitrogen freeze machine they (and a few other NBA teams) have, his recovery time and longevity may not be the same. It's possible that his age catches is up to him a lot sooner in the harsh Toronto (and eastern conference) climate. There's a reason the elderly retire to warmer, dryer climate areas (ie: Nash & Hill)!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        My only concern is that without the favourable climate of Phoenix and that nitrogen freeze machine they (and a few other NBA teams) have, his recovery time and longevity may not be the same. It's possible that his age catches is up to him a lot sooner in the harsh Toronto (and eastern conference) climate. There's a reason the elderly retire to warmer, dryer climate areas (ie: Nash & Hill)!
                        Very good points. Although he does live in NY so is used to the eastern climate. I'd hope that if Nash ever does get signed that Rogers/Bell invests in that freeze machine. Would be a good investment for reducing injuries I would imagine. An issue that we had to deal with quite a bit with Bargnani and Bayless this season, and with Jose in previous seasons.

Comment

Very good points. Although he does live in NY so is used to the eastern climate. I'd hope that if Nash ever does get signed that Rogers/Bell invests in that freeze machine. Would be a good investment for reducing injuries I would imagine. An issue that we had to deal with quite a bit with Bargnani and Bayless this season, and with Jose in previous seasons.
                          Very true. Last year the Raps brought in one of the best, most well respected trainers, so I would love to know that they are ahead of the curve as far as preventative/rehabbing equipment is concerned. When I read the article at ESPN or whatever about that machince earlier this year, I believe there were only something like 6 teams that had it. It would be great if the Raps invested in one, regardless of whether or not they sign Nash.

Comment

Great point. We had the thread going a couple of months ago on the 'freeze machine'.

The machine costs $50k which is a drop in the bucket when talking about $50M contracts - we're talking 0.1% which is a pretty small insurance premium.

A machine like that would be invaluable for Andrea's calf.

Comment

• Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun

Nash: "Not ready to make any proclamations (about free agency) (but not ruling out Raptors)

Comment

• HAHAHA Matt. That was awesome. Well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X