Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I'm getting sick of waiting...I'm gonna go out...get drunk...sing karaoke....and leave any twitter source behind
    Best post of the day

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      David Aldridge David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

The Founders worked July 4, so...source confirms sign/trade talks between Knicks/Suns 4 Nash back on, w/NY now willing 2 include Shumpert.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

However, another source cautions that Nash has yet to decide where he wants to go, &?Suns have to see if NO matches Eric Gordon offer sheet.

Back up the Brinks truck and hold the phone!

Aldridge is also not a NY reporter.
      Omg i really dont want any false hope....i have a dagger in my heart already i just want nash to make up his mind

Comment

• Tesla wrote: View Post
        Thank. God.
        Thank. Colangelo.

Comment

• Phil Taylor ‏@SI_PhilTaylor

Will say this: Chasing Nash seems admission that Melo deal bombed & #Knicks desperate 4 him to somehow make mismatched pieces fit.
          Retweeted by Howard Beck

Suddenly I'm not so glum - especially if Lowry is a possibility.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Phil Taylor ‏@SI_PhilTaylor

Will say this: Chasing Nash seems admission that Melo deal bombed & #Knicks desperate 4 him to somehow make mismatched pieces fit.
            Retweeted by Howard Beck

Suddenly I'm not so glum - especially if Lowry is a possibility.
            Exactly my thoughts. It's like I just got dumped by my super hot girlfriend but while I was recovering another cute chick smiled at me and gave me hope.

That sounded better in my head. I swear.
            Don't follow me. @AngryRaptorsFan

Comment

• Say it with me

Lowry!Lowry!Lowry!Lowry!

Comment

• Everyone here old enough to remember when vince resigned in Toronto? Could you imagine that day if there was twitter or fan sites? Seems like that was another referendum on whether we were a legitimate franchise. On that note, just to bring up something I put in an earlier post, how far behind is our team if we don't sign nash? From the outset, the general consensus is that we could upgrade at PG but what we really needed was a SF. I assume that will still be the plan (if the Fields offer is rescinded). Yes, Nash would be an upgrade at PG but we could also use an upgrade at SF, PF and you could argue, C. So, if the Nash deal falls though, how far behind are we really (as a basketball team, not a franchise)?

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                  Dont understand the "either way". Lowry is currently an unhappy camper in Houston precisely because he did not want to play second fiddle to Dragic leading to his McHale tirade. Why would the Raps get the both of them? But then this whole Nash thing has been mismanaged.

Comment

• if think a deal for lowry would include amir and possibly 1 or 2 second rounders

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                      if think a deal for lowry would include amir and possibly 1 or 2 second rounders
                      It would include caldy and either Amir or Ed

Comment

• Something else to consider:

If Asik deal is correct and it is $8.3M per year cap hit per year;
                        If Lin rumours are true and $10M per year cap hit;

Rockets need to dump about $9M in salary to make the offer if my math is correct.

Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey

RedNation please help me welcome @JLin7 back 2Houston today! Fitting on July4 as America is land of 2nd chances- #lin2houston in your reply

Toronto can certainly help clear a good chunk of it.

A sign and trade for Nash could also turn in to a 3 team affair with PHX-HOU-TOR.

**What do you think? Am I reeking of desperation here? lol**

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                          if think a deal for lowry would include amir and possibly 1 or 2 second rounders
                          Not if the Lin rumours are true.

Houston needs to have enough cap space to match the yearly average of the poison pill contract offer.

Comment

• If getting stuck with Landry Fields is the fallout from going all in for Nash, isn't this about equal to trading for Wilson Chandler? Salaries and average production in the NBA are comparable?

Comment

• ste0250 wrote: View Post
                              If getting stuck with Landry Fields is the fallout from going all in for Nash, isn't this about equal to trading for Wilson Chandler? Salaries and average production in the NBA are comparable?
                              the thing is chandler is proven..you know what you will get from him.

I think fields is a good comparison but he has played two years in the league and is very inconsistent...if he pans out its a great move for the raptors

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Ok ... people need to RELAX. Holy sh*t!
                                Nash hasn't come out and said ANYTHING. Until then, effing CHILL!!!!
                                Sorry for the rant, but come on ... when a whole country wants you to come play for them so much that they are prepared to pay 20% more than anyone else ... and you consider a pseudo-contender team that got eliminated in the first round of the playoffs instead then that is a diss that deserves a crazy rant!
                                "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Working...
                                X