Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepz wrote: View Post
    Nicolas Batum
    JJ, Kleiza/Weems or even DeMar are good options but Batum is the answer.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
      JJ, Kleiza/Weems or even DeMar are good options but Batum is the answer.
      Ideally he would be the answer. I think he's a restricted FA which makes things difficult in acquiring him but you never know.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        No ones saying we shouldn't draft a SF cause of james. But JJ is definitely not overrated, he's a great defender and leads the team in blocks and i think steals too. We are no longer the bad defensive team we once were so you can't say "He's a decent defender on a bad team". He Definitely has the ability to become an elite defender and crack a couple of all defensive teams.
        I was just clarifying my position and answering questions posed by 'jimmie'. There were some posts earlier in the thread that argued that SF shouldn't be the first priority, because the Raptors already have JJ/LK. My point was that although JJ is a good defender and a player I like and hope stays on the Raptors, none of our current SFs are good enough for me to answer "NO" to the question posed in this thread. My opinion is that YES, the Raptors do need an updgrade at the starting 3 position, via draft, trade or free agency.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I was just clarifying my position and answering questions posed by 'jimmie'. There were some posts earlier in the thread that argued that SF shouldn't be the first priority, because the Raptors already have JJ/LK. My point was that although JJ is a good defender and a player I like and hope stays on the Raptors, none of our current SFs are good enough for me to answer "NO" to the question posed in this thread. My opinion is that YES, the Raptors do need an updgrade at the starting 3 position, via draft, trade or free agency.
          The question was SF as *first* priority. Toronto needs legit starters at 4 positions (PF is set), and I think SF is the one spot where they can "get by" if they don't get a new guy immediately. That was my basis for suggesting SG and PG are higher priorities than SF right now.

I do agree with you that the starting 3 position is up for grabs, though -- along with starting 1,2, and 5.
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
            The question was SF as *first* priority. Toronto needs legit starters at 4 positions (PF is set), and I think SF is the one spot where they can "get by" if they don't get a new guy immediately. That was my basis for suggesting SG and PG are higher priorities than SF right now.

I do agree with you that the starting 3 position is up for grabs, though -- along with starting 1,2, and 5.
            Fair enough. As for the 5, I don't think it's a huge priority, since JV should be the long-term starter. I'd be happy with JV/Gray at C and DD at SG next season, moreso than I would be with JJ/LK at the 3 - especially when factoring in what will likely be available in the top-6 of the draft.

Draft - The top priority should be a SF, either Barnes or MKG.
            Trades/FA - The top priority is tough to say right now because we don't know what will happen before the trade deadline or at the draft. Assuming a SF is targeted in the draft, I could see a young pass-first PG, an upgrade at SG and a veteran C (for just 1-2 years until JV is ready for heavy minutes, which could be immediately) being priorities.
            * If the Raps happened to get the 1st overall pick, where a PF is currently projected to be picked, then ALL bets are off!

Comment

I like JJ a lot and would like him on the team going forward, but the Raps desperately need a SF that can knock down the 3-ball at a reliable rate. Having a trio of 3pt threats is ideal for the starting line-up that is shaping up next year, and right now there is only 2.

Casey's offence, as presently constructed, has the SF playing outlet off the the pick and roll.

I like both Barnes and Batum for this role, although the likelihood of getting either is dwindling. But neither JJ's or MKG's jumper is where it needs to be to readily improve the team in the near future, so I dont know what BC is going to come up with

Comment

Working...
              X