Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on, it was official on opening tip off.

Comment

• Yeah, our roster is crap compared to others in the atlantic - but adding Jonas, another high pick and FAs could change that pretty fast.

I hope we bring LB back this summer!
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Then Colangelo would have gotten a 2nd rounder for absolutely nothing essentially.

Comment

• Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
          The proposed 2012 draft pick the Nets would send to Blazers in Wallace deal would be protected only through the top 3 spots, sources tell Y!

Wow. This means, assuming the pick is for this year, that the Nets traded their own pick with top 3 protection. That means they did not trade the Houston pick - but their own - because Houston pick is top-14 protected.

Short-term gain for long-term pain?

Looks like the pick is for THIS year:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
          The Nets send Okur, Shawne Williams and a 2012 draft pick protected thru No. 3, sources tell Y! Nets trying to surround Deron Williams now.
          Wow - New Jersey will regret this, in my opinion.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Mar 15, 2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• They're doing this to be proactive with D-Will. They want to keep him and it looks like they're going all in on it. If Williams stays in part because of this then job well done. They've been out on a wire ever since they traded for Williams with no guarantee that he re-signs. They need to keep going forward and stay committed to keeping him now. They're already in too deep to turn back. If there are regrets afterwards I think they should be focused on the trade for Williams, not Wallace. That's just my view on it.

Comment

• WojYahooNBA:
              Cleveland will get the Lakers 2012 first-round pick in the Ramon Sessions trade, league source tells Y! Brian Windhorst 1st reported deal.

WojYahooNBA:
              The Lakers had been discussing a possible D.J Augustine trade with Charlotte before cutting the deal for Sessions, league sources tell Y!

Comment

• The Lakers are doing a decent job of stocking up on younger talent by adding Sessions and potentially Beasley.

Comment

• Portland really knows how to climb a draft... getting a top3 protected pick for Wallace! I wonder what additional salary they would have to take back with that pick.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                    I hope we bring LB back this summer!
                    So do I.

My concern is whether trading him to Indiana has reduced the chance of this happening. Has the trade increase or reduce Barbosa's goodwill towards Colangelo? Will Barbosa like Indiana enough to override any goodwill towards Colangelo?

I don't know. But it seems to me that trading Barbosa for something that can be purchased for cash is, at the end, nothing but just a move to increase the profitability of the franchise. It's a business so it's fair game but I bet Colangelo will try to spin it as if they got an asset in return.

Comment

• i'm going to laugh long and hard when the ping pong balls fall and the nets pick 4th. i hope there's a cam devoted to the nets' GM's face.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        The Lakers are doing a decent job of stocking up on younger talent by adding Sessions and potentially Beasley.
                        The best part of the deal was that they got rid of benchwarmer extraordinaire Luke Walton.

Comment

• The Wallace for a 1st rounder is by far the worst trade of the day!

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                            The best part of the deal was that they got rid of benchwarmer extraordinaire Luke Walton.
                            100% agreed. Kupchak is one of the best in the game - if not the best. Everyone assumed he would use the TPE for Sessions and surrender a pick while doing it. Instead he lottery protects the pick and ditches Walton and his $6M contract for next year - incredible. Oh yeah, and don't forget that $6M is actually $12M with salary cap..... incredible.

Comment

• Should be an interesting hour.

Comment

• Camby to Houston?

Captain Jack to San Antonio?

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
                                Warriors acquire forward Richard Jefferson from Golden State for forward Stephen Jackson, a source tells Y!

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
                                Blazers trade center Marcus Camby to Houston Rockets, a source tells Y!

Comment

Working...
                                X