Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I came across this today:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...h_Of_Big_Guard

DeRozan for Bledsoe?

Comment

• The Clippers would be fleecing the Raptors on that one.

It would be a PR disaster for Colangelo considering he only drafted DD a few years ago in the top ten. I think the most probable scenario sees DeRozan here in Toronto until at least the end of his rookie deal.

Comment

• Raptors still trying to work something

still considering making a move tomorrow that would add assets and/or more cap flexibility. Barbosa was awfully cryptic tonight
        Whether Barbosa goes or not might depend on if a team will agree to extend him. Raps would get more back if team gets him for longer
        Source: Twitter / @WolstatSun

Comment

• Perhaps something might be needed to sweeten the deal, but prior to injury Bledsoe was showing a lot of promise. This might be an opportunity for them to buy low as Bledsoe has no place on a team with so many veteran guards and the Clippers being pretty much "all in" trying for a championship.

I think DeRozan's skills will continue to develop and his game will be refined with experience, but I don't see signs of all star level talent. Imo Bledsoe has a higher ceiling than DeRozan at this point.

Comment

• Not sure if I'm willing to get rid of DeRozan just yet, but I'd still be trying to acquire Bledsoe somehow.

Austin Daye's got some potential too.

Comment

• This could also make room for Beal

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                Not sure if this has been discussed already, but I came across this today:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...h_Of_Big_Guard

DeRozan for Bledsoe?
                I'm not singling you out Medium but I don't understand the Bledsoe love - could someone fill me in? It seems a lot of people in Raptorland love the guy. I've seen nothing to warrant it.

I agree with Apollo, the Raptors would be getting fleeced on this.

Comment

• The Value of Kobe

As I'm looking at this potential deal in the works.. The one sending
                  Beasley to LA
                  Blake to Portland
                  Crawford to Minnesota

I'm noticing that having Bryant on your team is like having an extra hard nosed coach who you know will always pull the best out of players. LA is a team that can take misfits and punk kids and transform them into champions and the reason is Kobe. He's a cold blooded killer.. A winner. I have a massive man crush.
                  LA wins this deal for sure, because Kobe will turn Beasley from a child into a man. That's an intangible right there..

Comment

• This is an interesting point. A good example of this is Rasheed Wallace was a total meat head until he entered a strong Pistons locker room. It was a game changer for the whole rest of his career.

Comment

• Marc Spears of Yahoo is reporting that the Pacers are inquiring about Barbosa, nice to hear as that is something that has been speculated as possible.

Hoping something happens today...
                      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Scratch that, Barbosa is going to the Pacers, no word about what's coming back yet
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Please be a 2012 1st round pick! PLEASE!

Comment

• Looks like it was a 2nd rounder (I'm assuming in 2012)

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...eandro-barbosa

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I'm not singling you out Medium but I don't understand the Bledsoe love - could someone fill me in? It seems a lot of people in Raptorland love the guy. I've seen nothing to warrant it.

I agree with Apollo, the Raptors would be getting fleeced on this.
                              No worries.

Here are my reasons...

1) I think Bledsoe can be a productive player and he already has a winning pedigee from his time in Kentucky. He's a pretty good defender, young and could be a decent replacement for Jose after some mentoring. Also he for some reason reminds me of Jrue Holiday.

2) More than anything else I brought it up because of DeRozan. I just don't see him in the same light I saw him last year. He's made no improvements, is slow to catch onto Casey's system, makes the same mistakes over and over again...I mean how does a guy that athletic get blocked and stripped as much as he does? For lack of a better word I don't find him dynamic enough to be an effective SG.

3) Imo if it came down to improving either the SG or SF spot, I'm inclined to riding it out with James Johnson at the 3 and bringing in a SG that can flat out score ie. Beal. I realize MKG could to be a star, but if he never improves his shooting you can draw some comparisons to what Johnson gives you now ie hard nosed defense and good motor.

I think a line up of Calderon/Bledsoe, Beal, Johnson, Bargnani, Val trumps one of Calderon, DeRozan, MKG, Bargnani, Val because there is too little offense produced from the DeRozan lineup which is something we are struggling with now and MKG would not improve in any way unless his shooting improves...thats a variable which you can't guarantee as of now.

That trade/draft scenario would address both an immediate need for offense which DeRoan or MKG would not provide as well as a future need to replace Calderon. Imo.

Comment

• Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA
                                Portland and New Jersey are engaged in advanced talks on a deal that would send Gerald Wallace to the Nets, a league source tells Y!
                                Wallace to New Jersey?

Barbosa to Indiana?

Raptors officially last in the Atlantic.

Comment

Working...
                                X