Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we can secure a 'couple' of 1st round picks like here: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ron-to-Houston and perhaps one more with a Barbosa trade, we draft Barnes/Miller/MKG with one pick, use another for Lillard/Kabongo, and then trade the other 1-2 picks along with ED to S&T Batum then...

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Hell ya I would do it simply for Lowry.
      What reason would Houston have to trade Lowry, their only true piece to build around?

Comment

• Nothing new

the Raptors are trying to move Leandro Barbosa’s expiring contract ($7.6 million) in hopes of signing restricted free agent Wilson Chandler to a financial arrangement Denver might be reluctant to match. The Nuggets undeniably appreciate Chandler’s on and off-court qualities, but is he good enough to start at small forward? Hence, they’re not forced to go overboard as long as they’re bidding against themselves.
        Source: NY Times

What would the Raptors need to offer to turn off the Nuggets from signing? Another term for this is called "over spending". Colangelo doesn't have a good track record with this beyond when he "over spent"(view by many at the time) for Steve Nash back in Phoenix.

Anyway, one idea would be to try and dump Barbosa on a team with a big TPE, like the Lakers. Kobe needs all the help he can get and Barbosa certainly could be a great spark for the Lakers off the bench.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          Calderon at 30 vs Nash now -what is the difference? Yes I am serious. Both pass first PGs; Both can score if needed. Both very loyal & both mediocre deffenders.
          You honestly don't believe that Nash would have an immediate impact on the Raptors? A 2-time MVP, who for all intents and purposes, is still playing like one? Versus Calderon who's played 30 good games since 2008?

Comment

• Big names on the block as the trade deadline approaches

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120227.html

check it out, its just explaining Sam Smith's views on the players listed and the likely-hood that they get traded
            Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              You honestly don't believe that Nash would have an immediate impact on the Raptors? A 2-time MVP, who for all intents and purposes, is still playing like one? Versus Calderon who's played 30 good games since 2008?
              I think the best case scenario for Nash is him putting out two more quality seasons and then retires (ie: John Stockton.). Maybe he wants to come back home and close it out, who knows?

Comment

• I think if we can get 2 quality years out of Nash, we take it (assuming Kabongo is already here waiting in the wings )

Comment

• Casey addresses trade rumours

With the March 15 trade deadline fast approaching, Casey is aware that some of his players could be affected by trade rumours — particularly the young ones.

Veterans Jose Calderon and Leandro Barbosa have generated the most attention though, but the coach poured cold water on any Calderon speculation.

“If your name comes up in the rumours, that’s a compliment, but there’s nothing on the horizon on us,” Casey said.

“I said last week about Jose, it’s a compliment he’s played his way, people had forgotten about him, but now he’s playing so well, people come asking for him But there’s nothing on the table for that.”

Casey said he hopes his Raptors won’t be bothered by any of the talk over the next two weeks.

What I try to tell guys is the greatest in the league have been traded. Wilt … Shaq. All down the road, guys have been traded,” he said.
                  Source

Casey has left the door open for trades in those comments, in my opinion, but you have to take him at his work when he says, "There is nothing on the horizon for us." I would add, right now, but that is just me.

Comment

• Lousy cockblocking Casey...
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I dont know why Raptors players (Calderon and Barbosa) mentioned in trade rumors would be saddened leaving the Raptors, who are currently bottomfeeders in the east and a year or two away from completing a full rebuild. Even if they get traded to the Cavs or Bobcats, thats pretty much a parallel trade, it cant get any worse.

And the rumors swirling are theyre potentially going to be traded to contenders, so whats to be depressed about?

Comment

• Nice to see Deron Williams singing the praises of Dallas.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-dero...ons-new-jersey

I do hope he signs there. That will also keep Dwight out of the Atlantic division.

It will also most likely mean Orlando sends him to LA. If I was Orlando, come Thursday morning, I present him with a contract and if he refuses to sign it, good bye! Much easier said than done with the best C in the NBA but his interview answers are very reminiscent of a certain boshtrich that graced the floor of the ACC.
                        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Feb 28, 2012, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Nice to see Deron Williams singing the praises of Dallas.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-2-dero...ons-new-jersey
                          Same here. I hope multiple teams get burned by this Superstar demanding out crap. The Nets getting burned by losing D-Will for nothing and then also losing out on D12 because of it makes me smile.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          It will also most likely mean Orlando sends him to LA. If I was Orlando, come Thursday morning, I present him with a contract and if he refuses to sign it, good bye! Much easier said than done with the best C in the NBA but his interview answers are very reminiscent of a certain boshtrich that graced the floor of the ACC.
                          I read a report this morning that reported that D12 doesn't want to be Kobe's sidekick. He "wants to be Kobe". Of course there was nothing substantial to back up the report so take it for what it's worth. If he wants to go to a team where he's "the man" but he also wants to be a perennial contender then I think he's asking for a lot. Even Shaq couldn't get it done without Superstar guards dominating the ball in the clutch.

Comment

• Howard has to realize kobe probably only has 2 or 3 good years left and then he's the man running things in LA, right? He's not that dumb?
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• 1) Re Casey's remarks about Jose trade scenarios he says "But there’s nothing on the table for that.” This could well mean that there is no firm offer made....but the tires have been kicked. Very well said (meaning nothing or how close). Casey seems to be a diplomat as well!

2) I read somewhere that Howard would refuse to sign an extension if traded to LA. Looks like Dallas is ahead in the sweepstakes...but he is going to have to settle for less.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                1) Re Casey's remarks about Jose trade scenarios he says "But there’s nothing on the table for that.” This could well mean that there is no firm offer made....but the tires have been kicked. Very well said (meaning nothing or how close). Casey seems to be a diplomat as well!

2) I read somewhere that Howard would refuse to sign an extension if traded to LA. Looks like Dallas is ahead in the sweepstakes...but he is going to have to settle for less.
                                I dont know why they have to be diplomatic about it, i think it hurts the players even more if there indeed was an offer and the trade was consummated. I guess they wouldnt really care how the player feels coz, well, the player is no longer with the team. But i think withholding any potential transactions does more damage than good.

Comment

Working...
                                X