Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Great job by Uriji to replace Nene with a much cheaper defensive C with potential, albeit with a history of being an immature headcase. Maybe the mountain air will help cool him off.

The more I see Uriji operate, the more upset I become that he left the Raps!
    Not sure what Washington's motivation is either. Then again, Wall finally has a low-post threat to play with.

Comment

• gotta be more pieces to make that work... anyone find details?

Comment

• Wow talk about bombshell in regards to Nene. What are the Clippers dealing? It must be headed to Denver or the Nuggets just got hosed.

FYI, McGee is not cheaper. He wants $14m annually. Check out the NBA board.

Comment

• A friend who's a nuggets fan loves the trade. Mcgee's a better rim protector and at a fraction of the cost. They'll have no problem getting WC now if they really want him.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• SandmanFan wrote: View Post
            gotta be more pieces to make that work... anyone find details?
            Trade also involved Brian Cook going to Washington and Ronny Turiaf going to the Nuggets. Here is the deal using the trade machine:
            http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=854g9og

I believe Washington is also getting a pick from LAC

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Wow talk about bombshell in regards to Nene. What are the Clippers dealing? It must be headed to Denver or the Nuggets just got hosed.

FYI, McGee is not cheaper. He wants $14m annually. Check out the NBA board.
              What he wants and what he gets in RFA are two totally different things :P

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                Great job by Uriji to replace Nene with a much cheaper defensive C with potential, albeit with a history of being an immature headcase. Maybe the mountain air will help cool him off.

The more I see Uriji operate, the more upset I become that he left the Raps!
                Easy to get away with crap when you play for a bad team with no expectations and no repercussions. He'll either straighten out in Denver or he won't play. Karl and the players on that team won't put up with any crap.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                  A friend who's a nuggets fan loves the trade. Mcgee's a better rim protector and at a fraction of the cost. They'll have no problem getting WC now if they really want him.
                  Does your friend realize McGee is looking for $14M/yr?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    What he wants and what he gets in RFA are two totally different things :P
                    I realize that but in negotiations you never start off with what you think you deserve. He will get what DeAndre Jordan got and suddenly he doesn't seem cheap at all. Not to mention Nene is a better overall player.

Comment

• Have to assume the Wizards are going to finish the year with a better record than the raps now.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Does your friend realize McGee is looking for $14M/yr?
                        He didn't say anything about keeping him beyond this year
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• AJ360 wrote: View Post
                          Have to assume the Wizards are going to finish the year with a better record than the raps now.
                          Today was a good day for the tank...

Comment

• A couple of things, the more I think about it the more awful that Washington-Denver, trade is for D.C. Booker while no star has been arguably their best player over the course of the year,,and he brings the same offense as nene but with added toughness. Now, the team has no defensive 5 on their team, plus got rid of their top scorer in Young. They might be challenging the Bobcats for the 1st overall pick, in the hopes that AD can solidfy their defense.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Dtc

Don't Trust Casey

So much for standing pat!

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
                              Raptors were in on other deals that didn't happen. "We had a lot of irons in the fire today," Casey said

Lottery selection night and draft night are the next dates to circle on the calendar.

Comment

• I say package both 2nd rounders for a pick in the 20's for a PG

Comment

Working...
                                X