Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously the vast majority of teams sat on their picks (the Nets' to Portland was probably the most valuable) but they are under the gun and have to swing deals to appease Deron. I think there is very little chance of someone exchanging a first for the 2 seconds (even a low first). This is when the scouting staff have to step up and unearth nuggets that teams like the Spurs & Mavs seem to do....but I have no faith in this unfortunately.

Comment

• Javalley macgee is traded? Lol

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Obviously the vast majority of teams sat on their picks (the Nets' to Portland was probably the most valuable) but they are under the gun and have to swing deals to appease Deron. I think there is very little chance of someone exchanging a first for the 2 seconds (even a low first). This is when the scouting staff have to step up and unearth nuggets that teams like the Spurs & Mavs seem to do....but I have no faith in this unfortunately.
        Throw in $3M and I disagree as long as we are talking 21 and up with a team close to or in luxury tax (cough, Atlanta, cough).

Comment

• At least with that Trade we get a good idea of what a Top 5-7 pick is worth to GMs this year.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
            Obviously the vast majority of teams sat on their picks (the Nets' to Portland was probably the most valuable) but they are under the gun and have to swing deals to appease Deron. I think there is very little chance of someone exchanging a first for the 2 seconds (even a low first). This is when the scouting staff have to step up and unearth nuggets that teams like the Spurs & Mavs seem to do....but I have no faith in this unfortunately.
            that wallace trade was the worst deal of the day. i think that the nets draft pick would be more of a staying peice for darren than wallace for a couple months.

a contender is going to grab him up in the off season. fire that gm today what garbage. a very good day for portland though. and i doubt they need to worry about losing batum to some poachers this summer. it would be hilarious if dummond falls 4th they get him and he immediately breaks both of his legs and is never the same.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              that wallace trade was the worst deal of the day. i think that the nets draft pick would be more of a staying peice for darren than wallace for a couple months.

a contender is going to grab him up in the off season. fire that gm today what garbage. a very good day for portland though. and i doubt they need to worry about losing batum to some poachers this summer. it would be hilarious if dummond falls 4th they get him and he immediately breaks both of his legs and is never the same.
              AHAHAHHA.

Anyways, The Nets are 5th and have a pick at the 11th as well. Not bad for the Trailblazers, still probably having Batum and Aldridge.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                AHAHAHHA.

Anyways, The Nets are 5th and have a pick at the 11th as well. Not bad for the Trailblazers, still probably having Batum and Aldridge.
                The Nets second pick (from Houston) is lottery protected. There is a strong possibility they have no draft picks this year.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  The Nets second pick (from Houston) is lottery protected. There is a strong possibility they have no draft picks this year.
                  Right, just saw that... OUCH. Bad year for them to break it all up.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Geezus. For a team as bad as them, that is NOT a good thing.

I'm scared to see what that team turns into if DWill leaves for Dallas.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Geezus. For a team as bad as them, that is NOT a good thing.

I'm scared to see what that team turns into if DWill leaves for Dallas.
                      I really think that will be the case! I would hate to be a NJ fan right now. I don't think adding was the difference Wallace to keep Deron around. Maybe they would like to trade Morrow and or Brooks on Draft night...for two second rounders lol

Comment

• Denver sign WC to 5 year 37 million
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          I really think that will be the case! I would hate to be a NJ fan right now. I don't think adding was the difference Wallace to keep Deron around. Maybe they would like to trade Morrow and or Brooks on Draft night...for two second rounders lol
                          Are there any NJ fans???

In the 2006-07 playoffs, I drove down to the Meadowlands and bought tickets to Game 3 at the gate a mere 30 minutes before tipoff (while the 2 games in Toronto sold out within minutes of the announced playoff schedule).

I asked a local why the place had any empty seats at all. His answer was, "the Yankees started their season last week".

It's no wonder the team is leaving Jersey.

Comment

• lol that is true. Even charlotte has a pretty crappy fanbase, on that road game we lost ,60% of the seats were empty

Comment

• If only we could sign Deron Williams. He's 27, we have a bunch of cap space and a bunch of young guys coming in.. Trade Jose or Bayless for picks or pieces.. If Bargs regained his form, and we drafted a wing like MKG (assuming he changes his mind about declaring) that would be a pretty nice team.

Comment

• i hate deron. hope he stays in jersey and rots his whole career. self centered douche bag

Comment

Working...
                                X