Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Deadline: Lesson learned today? Don't trust Casey (462)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IROR wrote: View Post
    Derek Fisher/Chris Duhon/Steve Blake + pick?
    I thought you were kidding at first ... but if you're serious, why would we even want 3 PGs to play behind Bayless ... Duhon and Blake both have another 2 years on their deals ... and Fisher has one more ... and none of them are starting PGs, and are borderline even to be rotation players.

Sure the pick is great, but why add millions of dollars and take up 3 roster spots with players that aren't young or even that skilled?

This would be the time to say you were in fact joking.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
      I thought you were kidding at first ... but if you're serious, why would we even want 3 PGs to play behind Bayless ... Duhon and Blake both have another 2 years on their deals ... and Fisher has one more ... and none of them are starting PGs, and are borderline even to be rotation players.

Sure the pick is great, but why add millions of dollars and take up 3 roster spots with players that aren't young or even that skilled?

This would be the time to say you were in fact joking.
      I'm assuming - and hoping - the intent was 1 of those 3.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Darius Morris
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• + Tall point guard with good handle and vision. Still learning position.

+ Poor outside shooter. Can finish at basket but not an explosive athlete.

+ Slender frame, will need to add strength. Length a plus on defense.

The Lakers love big point guards and Morris was the biggest one in the draft at 6-foot-5. He likes the ball in his hands so he doesn't fit the floor-spacing role of past Lakers point guards, but his ability to create shots for himself and others could prove quite helpful for L.A.'s moribund second unit. Additionally, he has the potential to develop an effective post game against small guards that, combined with his passing skills, could make him an Andre Miller-like threat on the block.

But he has a lot of development left to get to that point. Morris improved dramatically last season but still needs to pound the ball less, make better decisions, improve his jump shot and generally refine his management of the offense. I like him and thought he was great value at No. 41, but he may need some D-League seasoning before he's ready for The Show.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• So if the Dwight trade rumors are correct it still leaves the Lakers needing a PF, this leads me to believe that if we give up Jose and Ed perhaps in this trade scenario we can get all of the Lakers and all of Orlando 1st round picks, what do you think? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6urxq54

Comment

• BALLS wrote: View Post
              So if the Dwight trade rumors are correct it still leaves the Lakers needing a PF, this leads me to believe that if we give up Jose and Ed perhaps in this trade scenario we can get all of the Lakers and all of Orlando 1st round picks, what do you think? http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6urxq54
              Gasol Bynam and baby davis.

I think this trade goes down with Just Jose.
              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Imagine if we got all three first rounders as well as a trade someone else suggested (trading our first for Utah's two draft picks)
                5 rookies in a deep draft?

If we could get something like Lamb/Beal, Miller/Rivers, Kabongo and another late rounder?(basing this off draft expresses current standings).

Kabongo/Bayless
                Lamb/DD
                Miller/JJ/Klieza
                ED/Amir
                Val/Bargs

We could take a PF with the last pick, just so we can start 5 rookies :P

Comment

• Hello wrote: View Post
                  Imagine if we got all three first rounders as well as a trade someone else suggested (trading our first for Utah's two draft picks)

If we could get something like Lamb/Beal, Miller/Rivers, Kabongo and another late rounder?(basing this off draft expresses current standings).

Kabongo/Bayless
                  Lamb/DD
                  Miller/JJ/Klieza
                  ED/Amir
                  Val/Bargs

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.

I could see draft picks being sent out for mid-20 year old established players who may still be on rookie deals. I would not want a situation like Washington or what the Clippers and Wolves went through for years.

I still love the idea of signing Nash for 2-3 years and obtaining a late 1st round pick to draft Kabongo - but I definitely would not want to see Kabongo starting.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, no.

I could see draft picks being sent out for mid-20 year old established players who may still be on rookie deals. I would not want a situation like Washington or what the Clippers and Wolves went through for years.

I still love the idea of signing Nash for 2-3 years and obtaining a late 1st round pick to draft Kabongo - but I definitely would not want to see Kabongo starting.
                    Thats very true, but by trading calderon do we not open up more cap space?
                    Or if we dont resign Bayless? We could go after someone like Felton or another Free agent.
                    (I do not see us getting Nash).

Felton/Kabongo
                    DD/Lamb
                    Miller/JJ/Klieza
                    Bargs/Amir/Ed
                    Val/Gray?

We would have one draft pick left over, as well as possibly trading Ed, Bargs, or Amir.

Btw, which mid 20 players did you have in mind?

Edit: Also, imo, we would have more talent in our young players, and we would still have veteran leadership in Klieza, Felton, and a bit in Bargs and Amir.
                    No doubt there is not much leadership, but i see it as more than the clippers or wolves had.
                    Last edited by Hello; Mon Feb 27, 2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Thats very true, but by trading calderon do we not open up more cap space?
                      Or if we dont resign Bayless? We could go after someone like Felton or another Free agent.
                      (I do not see us getting Nash).

Felton/Kabongo
                      DD/Lamb
                      Miller/JJ/Klieza
                      Bargs/Amir/Ed
                      Val/Gray?

We would have one draft pick left over, as well as possibly trading Ed, Bargs, or Amir.

Btw, which mid 20 players did you have in mind?

Kabongo is the only player I'd be interested in in the 20-plus range. The team doesn't need more rookies or inexperience.

I would not touch Felton after his showing this year. For a professional athlete to not keep one's self in shape during the off season is a major red flag and warning sign - especially when he is 28 and essentially could be playing for his last significant contract. It does not bode well for his work ethic and desire to help a team win.

I put my arguments down for Nash in the thread. No need to go in to them here as well.

Comment

Imagine if we got all three first rounders as well as a trade someone else suggested (trading our first for Utah's two draft picks)

Kabongo/Bayless
                        Lamb/DD
                        Miller/JJ/Klieza
                        ED/Amir
                        Val/Bargs

If Toronto were to acquire multiple late 1st round pick in a 3-way trade with LA/ORL and/or by trading Barbosa, I expect/hope it is more likely that BC would attempt to move those picks (perhaps along with other assets - ie: Amir, Bayless) for a second lottery pick.

BC wants to "hit the ground running" next season - gutting the team and adding 5 mid-late draft picks is the exact opposite of that. The Raptors are no longer in a rebuilding mode (that is what your plan would be), they are in building mode, which is what turning older players and depth players into a second lottery pick would be.

Comment

• Bottom line for me is that Lowry & a 1st to TO in a deal here for Calderon & Barbosa and we maintain our "suckage" for the rest of the season.
                          I don't think salaries or talent "match".
                          If we "add" K Martin & Demar on our end? Even without first rounder from Houston. Basically K Martin & K Lowry for Calderon, Barbosa & Demar.
                          We solve not 1 but 2 long term problems (both consistency & performance at 1 & 2). Draft or W Chandler fixes 3, Bargnani is good at 4, Val at 5 & we definately have a playoff team.
                          Last edited by Mapko; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• What is the infatuation with Nash at his age?
                            1. It would not be fair to Nash to expect him to be a saviour of the only Canadian team at his age.
                            2. Calderon at 30 vs Nash now -what is the difference? Yes I am serious. Both pass first PGs; Both can score if needed. Both very loyal & both mediocre deffenders.
                            3. Nash either stays in Phoenix or goes to a contender.
                            4. I doubt he will sign next year with Miami or NY just to chase a title.
                            Last edited by Mapko; Thu Mar 1, 2012, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• I say keep him if all we're getting is a late first rounder.

Let's see if he has turned the corner in his career.....

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                                Bottom line for me is that Lowry & a 1st to TO in a deal here for Calderon & Barbosa and we maintain our "suckage" for the rest of the season.

I don't think salaries or talent "match".
                                If we "add" K Martin & Demar on our end? Even without first rounder from Houston. Basically K Martin & K Lowry for Calderon, Barbosa & Demar.
                                We solve not 1 but 2 long term problems (both consistency & performance at 1 & 2). Draft or W Chandler fixes 3, Bargnani is good at 4, Val at 5 & we definately have a playoff team.
                                Hell ya I would do it simply for Lowry.

Comment

Working...
                                X