Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ED not the PF on the Block?

There was a twitter feed from Ryan Wolstat:
    Dwane Casey said the Raptors plan to totally rework Ed Davis' jumper and footwork on his jumper in the off-season
    That would lead me to believe that if BC is trading out of the 'stacked' PF position it would mean Amir.

It could be misdirection, however it would be foolish since this would, imo, lessen ED's trade value.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/toronto_raptors

I certainly hope it'd be Amir on the block over Ed.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If someone has to go, and they do, it has to be Amir.

Comment

Ed has more potential and more post moves. I love Amir but someones gotta go I'm sorry amir. I wish there was a way to keep him

Comment

If this is a deductive reality is there a connection to Amir not playing particularly well in the last while. Maybe he already knows and the passion is lacking?

That he also makes what he does maybe an issue here in terms of paying for other acquisitions.

Comment

cap wise it needs to be amir. but i think that it will come down to either draft day or trade deadlne day and whichever of the two gets the better return is the one bc trades out.

Comment

a lot of talk about eds upside, but i'm not sold on it yet. i'd keep amir, hes aggressiveness (ie chasing loose balls, rebounding) alone makes him a huge asset
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Trade both of them and draft Thomas robinson

Comment

We don't owe Ed much money and he is likely the best prospect on the team. If he got that short range jumper and put on some more weight he could be a beast at the four.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I'm hesitant to keep ED. I understand he has more potential to his offensive game (i.e. short range jumper, actual post moves..), but I really don't feel like he a) wants to be here or b) is willing to be a first big off the bench. Maybe I'm reading into it incorrectly, but I get the feeling that he wants out... Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

I've seen more of AMIR's upside than ED's. I'd trade ED in a heartbeat.
                      Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into Casey's comments. It's not his job to plan trades, it's his job to look at all the assets he has and decide how he's going to get the most out of them. I'd expect that Casey also has things that he'll have Amir work on over the summer, if Amir is still on the team.

That said, while I suspect that the Raptors would rather keep Ed than Amir, I think it'll depend what the market is for each, and right now neither are great. Wouldn't shock me if both of them are on the team next year simply because Colangelo can't get a fair deal for either of them.

Comment

I've been arguing since the offseason that Amir should be the 1st PF traded. I prefer Davis' age/salary/upside over Amir, for the long-term. I assume it will eventually wind up being the return coming back to the Raptors, that determines who stays and who goes. On one hand, I see other teams wanting Davis for the reasons I mentioned, but Amir's salary could be a difference maker if BC is open to taking salary back (either adding a core player, or taking on salary along with a decent draft pick). It's really tough to speculate without having any confirmed (and I use the term loosely) rumors to evaluate and compare.

I assume BC would prefer to trade Amir, simply to free up cap space, but I would guess it's 50/50 right now. Regardless who gets traded first, I would wager quite heavily that we won't see both players on next season's opening night roster.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            If this is a deductive reality is there a connection to Amir not playing particularly well in the last while. Maybe he already knows and the passion is lacking?

That he also makes what he does maybe an issue here in terms of paying for other acquisitions.
                            if he did know.. then playing with a lack of passion would be the last thing he would want to be doing, would it not?
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              if he did know.. then playing with a lack of passion would be the last thing he would want to be doing, would it not?
                              Not if he has an "up yours" attitude to being shopped around. He could also be "sad" about it. Being aware that you might not be wanted anymore is not a pleasant feeling. But he does have his contract. I was just musing...who knows...but BC seems to be an upfront gm and I would not be surprised if he gave a headsup on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X