Marvin Williams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvin Williams?

Marvin Williams would be available. DO you think the Hawks would like Amir Johnson, a trade for each straight up works? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

By no means am I thinking that Marvin is our long term solution at the 3 spot, but he does come off the books sooner than Amir and will shore up some added playing time for Ed for the rest of the season. Also, James Johnson and Klieza have done a solid job at both forward spots, so if Andrea is out for longer than we hope, depth is till not an issue.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Toronto - Memphis - Atlanta

WJF wrote: View Post
    Marvin Williams would be available. DO you think the Hawks would like Amir Johnson, a trade for each straight up works? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

By no means am I thinking that Marvin is our long term solution at the 3 spot, but he does come off the books sooner than Amir and will shore up some added playing time for Ed for the rest of the season. Also, James Johnson and Klieza have done a solid job at both forward spots, so if Andrea is out for longer than we hope, depth is till not an issue.
    Atlanta is already has josh Smith and Ivan Johnson there. Not to mention Horford is originally a power forward. That turns their situation into us almost. Loaded at one position.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7w47hoy

Toronto receives - Kirk Hinrich, Marvin Williams, O.J Mayo, Tony Allen.
    Memphis receives - Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan.
    Atlanta receives - Barbosa, Kleiza.

PG - Jose, Jerryd, AC.
    SG - OJ, Tony, Kirk
    SF - James J., Marvin Williams, Forbes, Butler
    PF - Bargnani, Ed Davis
    C - Aaron Gray (or Valanciunas when here next season), Magloire

We all know Dwane Casey loves that lineup change, so..
    He could have JJ start for defense, and OJ start for offense depending on matchups. Or the other way around with Tony Allen starting for matchups like KB24, and Marvin Williams to score.
    Need shooting? Kirk Hinrich, need defense? JJ, Allen.

Toronto gets the much better wing players, a veteran combo guard, and a defensive shooting guard.
    Memphis receives a much better suited power forward that'll clean up all the shots taken by Gasol, Randolph when back, Gay, Conley, and Demar is a slasher and better suited for them offensively.
    Atlanta now has Barbosa that can come off the bench and be the "Jamal Crawford" the team once had, and Kleiza can be a guy that is a beneficiary of Joe Johnson and Teague because of all their penetration, he could be a better spot up shooter than Marvin has been for them, and another inside post scorer while Horford is out. Even when in Kleiza can be a tougness factor.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Feb 21, 2012, 06:51 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

i love how you say you don't want to give up on demar and then you trade him for Mayo. Lol

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        i love how you say you don't want to give up on demar and then you trade him for Mayo. Lol
        I wouldn't want to trade him, but I said in another post that if B.C DOES trade him, it would be for a guy like Rudy Gay or O.J Mayo. I would totally keep Demar. I would never give up on him, but if we included him on the block, O.J Mayo would probably be the only but only option for Demar.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Atlanta is already has josh Smith and Ivan Johnson there. Not to mention Horford is originally a power forward. That turns their situation into us almost. Loaded at one position.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7w47hoy

Toronto receives - Kirk Hinrich, Marvin Williams, O.J Mayo, Tony Allen.
          Memphis receives - Amir Johnson, Demar Derozan.
          Atlanta receives - Barbosa, Kleiza.

PG - Jose, Jerryd, AC.
          SG - OJ, Tony, Kirk
          SF - James J., Marvin Williams, Forbes, Butler
          PF - Bargnani, Ed Davis
          C - Aaron Gray (or Valanciunas when here next season), Magloire

We all know Dwane Casey loves that lineup change, so..
          He could have JJ start for defense, and OJ start for offense depending on matchups. Or the other way around with Tony Allen starting for matchups like KB24, and Marvin Williams to score.
          Need shooting? Kirk Hinrich, need defense? JJ, Allen.

Toronto gets the much better wing players, a veteran combo guard, and a defensive shooting guard.
          Memphis receives a much better suited power forward that'll clean up all the shots taken by Gasol, Randolph when back, Gay, Conley, and Demar is a slasher and better suited for them offensively.
          Atlanta now has Barbosa that can come off the bench and be the "Jamal Crawford" the team once had, and Kleiza can be a guy that is a beneficiary of Joe Johnson and Teague because of all their penetration, he could be a better spot up shooter than Marvin has been for them, and another inside post scorer while Horford is out. Even when in Kleiza can be a tougness factor.
          I think Josh Smith is a SF who has been playing out of position much like Shawn Marion has done at certain point sin his career. So there is not as much of a log jamb at the 4 spot as it would seem. Even if the Hawks get a decent starting 5 and move Horford to the 4, you have a good young big coming off the bench to back up both spots. Ivan Johnson is a 27 year old rookie that wont last in the league past his current deal, that guy is not in anyone's future.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Atlanta's look is not ours. They're not looking at the future because, well their future is still bright with Horford, Johnson, and Smith. Not to mention Teague.

They're looking to compete in the playoffs, to win a ring. Not to build for the future. I can see why they would add older or more reliable pieces so they have that experience and leadership to get them to the stage where they need to be.

Kleiza is a proven scorer, along with Barbosa. Two veterans, with playoff experience. Kleiza with Denver, most especially Barbosa recently with the Suns in 09 in the West Finals.
            Kleiza gives you that toughness and grind out type game that a team needs in the playoffs, someone who just hustles and gets in your face. Barbosa is just perfect for this team, off the bench can put up 15-16 points, change the pace, and add that leadership.

Comment

Kleiza can play the four as well.

Comment

Working...
              X