Clear All

• Gs/tor

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=7542hur

To Golden State:

Barbosa, Alabi

To Toronto:

Bledrins, Klay Thompson

Reasons for Trade

Golden State would really like to get rid of Bledrin's contract. By making this move they will be a big player in free agency this summer having enough to sign a max player or make a bunch of smaller moves to improve their squad. They already have the core of Curry, Ellis and Lee, and possibly a good draft pick if they can get into the bottom 7 (other wise it goes to Utah). This trade would also give them more flexibility in any other moves they would like to make closer to the deadline.

We would gain a shooter and a future prospect at the SG position. West is high on this kid and he shoots great percentages. He's 6'7, 205 and if he can add some more bulk he could play SF as well as SG in the future. We would also receive a large contract back in Bledrins, but it's possible that he needs a change of scenery. If we could turn him into a good back up we would only have 13 million going toward the C position next year. We would not be able to do much in the off-season. Maybe pick-up Dragic or player of similar stature. We would have the SG position filled for years to come. We can address the SF position in the draft, and we would have to improve the PG position through future drafts or through free agency in 2012/2013.

Jonas/Bledrins/Amir
    Bargnani/Ed/Amir
    Barnes or MKG/J.J./Kleiza
    DeRozan/Klay Thompson/Forbes
    Calderon/?????/????

In my opinion this looks like a great team.
    Last edited by saints91; Wed Feb 22, 2012, 10:03 AM.

Golden state will never do this trade. They are really high on Klay Thompson, he is going to be a main part of their perimeter offense.

Comment

They do express they really like the kid, but it could be a way of upping his the value. I don't disagree that they like him, but I don;t think he is untouchable, and to get a contract that bad off your team it's worth it. I would even through Ed in there over Alibi.

Comment

In this trade, Golden state would be practically be giving away an asset in Thompson. Not gonna happen.

Comment

It's not happening, Barbosa is a contending piece, not a "lets play on another rebuilding team", especially with what he brings as a veteran player, Golden State would love him, but it's useless.

Klay Thompson is a core piece in Golden State, he's going to build with them.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'd be all for it but GS drafted him to replace Ellis who's going to get traded, just watch.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
            X