Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Commentator/Journalist Do You Respect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    who's the dude who does alot of the playoff games. He always has these sweet remarks, i have no idea what his name is. All i can tell you is that from the sound of his voice he sounds black and he did the Mavs vs Thunder playoff series. Here i think i have a video:

at the 0.23 mark the guy who says "Excuse me i have an appointment with the rim" anyone know who that is?
    Sounds like Mark Jackson (now Head Coach of the Warriors)

Comment

David is the only one I respect. He reminds me of Adam shuffner from the nfl. League of his own, plain and simple

Comment

Shulman is the best play by play guy. I think people are too hard on Devlin. His banter can get annoying at times, but there are lots of Raptors games where you have to admit there's not much else to say. Devlin is obviously held in high regard by basketball broadcasters. When the playoffs roll around and TNT has to add a couple play-by-play guys to cover their full slate of games, they select Devlin every year. Listen to some of the local announcers in other cities. You'd think their teams never make mistakes, never play badly and they're just one break away from winning the title. And they are always calling the home team players by their first names like they get together for Sunday dinner every weekend. Their homer-ism is enough to drive you crazy. Gimme a break.

Hubie Brown is the best color commentator. I love Jack - especially when he gets excited. Leo annoys me - especially his worship of the Celtics. Plus I get the impression that deep down he feels the Raptors haven't appreciated him and that Colangelo should have made him a coach by now.

At times Doug Smith can be annoying too. I think it's mainly because he has no patience for fans being fans and the crazy emotions they can express. But you have to admit his reports are pretty reliable. I like most of the local writers - at least the ones who have the Raps as their regular assignment. Reading Raptors analysis from "part-timers" like Steve Simmons and Jeff Blair is a complete waste of time.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
          [...] I think people are too hard on Devlin. His banter can get annoying at times, but there are lots of Raptors games where you have to admit there's not much else to say. Devlin is obviously held in high regard by basketball broadcasters. When the playoffs roll around and TNT has to add a couple play-by-play guys to cover their full slate of games, they select Devlin every year. Listen to some of the local announcers in other cities. You'd think their teams never make mistakes, never play badly and they're just one break away from winning the title. And they are always calling the home team players by their first names like they get together for Sunday dinner every weekend. Their homer-ism is enough to drive you crazy. Gimme a break.

Hubie Brown is the best color commentator. I love Jack - especially when he gets excited. Leo annoys me - especially his worship of the Celtics. Plus I get the impression that deep down he feels the Raptors haven't appreciated him and that Colangelo should have made him a coach by now.
          Completely agree. I watch most games I see on streams and get quite a lot of the local broadcasts. A lot of them are really, really annoying, those guys call the games like fans (and stupid fans for that); you can almost hear them flipping the referee everytime one of 'their' players gets called for a foul or didn't get a foul called against him. The Raptors commentators are not that bad when compared to the average commentators.

Agreed on Hubie Brown as well; he's the best by far.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Shaq is absolutely abysmal
            Yeah he is, but he gives you inside information. Like a behind the scenes guy. He's hilarious too, but other than that all he talks about is his own achievements and what he's been through.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mike Breen, Kevin Harlan, and always for sure Marv Albert are the best play-by-play. Ernie Johnson and Rick Kimla best hosts by far.

David Aldridge is on-point, Chris Webber is tremendous and exciting to listen to, and I miss Mark Jackson. "Man Down! Hand Down!" The Zhar (if thats how you spell it) Mike Fratello is doing his thing.

Charles Barkley is damn hilarious, plus when gives an opinion, hell he can back it up.

Like I said before, Miami's commentators are by far the best duo out there besides Harlan & Fratello.

Comment

Barkley just has a funny ass voice. Mark jackson is boss too bad he went to go coach the defensive challenged Warriors

Comment

Man Thats Turrible!

Comment

Working...
                  X