Contending Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contending Next Year?

I'm not entirely sure how certain cap situations work, but I think everything fits here.

Trade 1
    Toronto Receives - Indiana 1st Round Pick
    Indiana Receives - Leandro Barbosa

Sign Wilson Chandler to 4 years @ 8.4 Mil
    Cap Space - 54,542,598

Trade 2
    Toronto Receives – Morris, Goudelock, Dallas 2012 1st Rounder
    Lakers Receive – Calderon, Scola, Beasley
    Houston Receives – Gasol, Johnson, Lakers 2012 1st Rounder
    Minnesota Receives – Kevin Martin
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=75hrqgw
    Cap Space – 45,708,807

Trade 3
    Toronto Receives – Nash
    Phoenix Receives – Davis, Bayless, Indiana 2012 1st Round Pick, Dallas 2012 1st Round Pick

Draft – Harrison Barnes
    Cap Space – 45,901,045

Resign Nash to 2 years @ 9 Mil
    Cap Space – 54,901,045

Sign Johnny Flynn @ 3.14 Mil
    Cap Space – 58,041,045

Roster

PG – Nash, Flynn
    SG – DeRozan, Goudelock
    SF – Chandler, Barnes, Johnson, Kleiza, Morris
    PF – Bargnani, Johnson
    C - Valanciunas

Then we have the mid-level exception to go after a backup SG, or make some more moves to clear the jam at SF.

1. I'm pretty sure Dallas' first rounder went to Lakers as part of the Odom deal. It's top-20 protected until 2017, but I can't see the Mavs holding out that long.

2. No way the Pacers trade their 1st rounder for Barbosa

3. 8.4 mil a season for Chandler is grossly overpaying him.

4. Morris and Goudelock is a horrible return for the Raptors

5. There's no way Phoenix does that deal for Nash. You're talking about an all-star, one of the best point guards in the game for essentially, no where near his value. That's a pie-in-the-sky kind of deal.

Comment

LeetGoose wrote: View Post
      I'm not entirely sure how certain cap situations work, but I think everything fits here.

Trade 1
      Toronto Receives - Indiana 1st Round Pick
      Indiana Receives - Leandro Barbosa

Sign Wilson Chandler to 4 years @ 8.4 Mil
      Cap Space - 54,542,598

Trade 2
      Toronto Receives – Morris, Goudelock, Dallas 2012 1st Rounder
      Lakers Receive – Calderon, Scola, Beasley
      Houston Receives – Gasol, Johnson, Lakers 2012 1st Rounder
      Minnesota Receives – Kevin Martin
      http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=75hrqgw
      Cap Space – 45,708,807

Trade 3
      Toronto Receives – Nash
      Phoenix Receives – Davis, Bayless, Indiana 2012 1st Round Pick, Dallas 2012 1st Round Pick

Draft – Harrison Barnes
      Cap Space – 45,901,045

Resign Nash to 2 years @ 9 Mil
      Cap Space – 54,901,045

Sign Johnny Flynn @ 3.14 Mil
      Cap Space – 58,041,045

Roster

PG – Nash, Flynn
      SG – DeRozan, Goudelock
      SF – Chandler, Barnes, Johnson, Kleiza, Morris
      PF – Bargnani, Johnson
      C - Valanciunas

Then we have the mid-level exception to go after a backup SG, or make some more moves to clear the jam at SF.
      Deal works, but is unrealistic and fantasy like. Hell course I would like it, but you would need to turn on the Association Trade Override from 2K if you want this going through.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Goose, interesting thinking

Trade one i disagree with Mango since Bird stated in the last day or so they would look to add a player in the coming weeks for a team looking to open cap space and they would not send another player out. A high 20s pick is not unreasonable here.
        Signing Chandler then works although I do agree with Mango $8.4 is higher than required.
        Houston has Offered more for Gasol already including Dragic and their pick so adding Johnson to them AND a pick is too much to them. I say the Houston pick added to the Raptors and the LA pick stays in LA.
        Raptors would look to draft Lillard/Kabongo etc with the Houston pick or if need be pkg the HOU and DAL picks to move up slightly to get one of them.
        I expect the Morris, Goudelock and pick(s) is about salary as much as anything.
        I wouldn't bother with the Nash trade. It is pie in the sky but considering his comments this week about what it would be like to be UFA and Phoenix etc needing to pay his worth then just go after him in FA in the summer.
        Flynn signing is interesting and would be a low risk try a b/up if we can sign Nash or protection if we don't. Even if we hit the cap the midlevel split between Flynn and AGray would easily work. AND we have Weems' rights still if we need backup SG protection.

Note Goose that Barnes, and Chandler can play minutes at the SG and JJ and Kleiza will play spot minutes at the PF with Amir spotting at C.

Comment

Adjusted lineup in above:
          PG: Nash, Flynn/Lillard/Kabongo, Morris
          SG: DD, Goudelock, (Chandler, Barnes)
          SF: Chandler, Barnes, JJ, Kleiza
          PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir (JJ, Kleiza)
          C: JVal, AGray, Alabi (Amir)

ED/Amir, maybe Weems become trade options along with the DAL pick if not packaged up.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            Adjusted lineup in above:
            PG: Nash, Flynn/Lillard/Kabongo, Morris
            SG: DD, Goudelock, (Chandler, Barnes)
            SF: Chandler, Barnes, JJ, Kleiza
            PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir (JJ, Kleiza)
            C: JVal, AGray, Alabi (Amir)

ED/Amir, maybe Weems become trade options along with the DAL pick if not packaged up.
            I like that, I really do. I don't think BC would ignore this and if it can happen, he'll do it. BUT, Nash is a liability on defense, unlike Jose who is a good system defender, it would hurt the team, and I just don't see him fitting Dwane Casey's defense.

Sonny Weems is NOT coming back to T.O, he tweeted and blogged about how Toronto didn't speak about him during the on-air talk with Bryan Colangelo during the Raptors game.

Ed is staying, you can count on that. Amir will be the one traded if this is the case.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
            X