Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Larry Bird is VERY open to taking on added salary...Barbosa???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Bird is VERY open to taking on added salary...Barbosa???

This is from an interview with Bird on NBA.com

How rewarding is it for you to see this plan come together?
    "It was a long, tough three years for me. Once Donnie (Walsh) left, I knew the situation. When I talked to the owners I had a vision of how I wanted to do it. Out of the 13 guys, 12 of them are ones I brought here. So I have a sense of the type of player I want and what type of team I like to see play -- not only for me but for the franchise. We want to continue to get better, we want to continue to draft well and we're still looking. We've got $15 million under the cap and I'm not afraid to make another move now to strengthen our bench or maybe even (add) one or two guys. We're still out there looking and whatever we can do to make this team better, we're going to do."
    Does the team's success thus far have any impact on how you approach the trade deadline, in terms of your interest in pursuing more changes?
    "I'm going continue to do whatever I can to make this team better. If I see a player out there I think can make us better, I'm going to go ahead and make the move. It could be a trade, but it's probably going to be picking up somebody off another team just so they can get some money off (the salary cap). We've got a lot of calls in, talked to a lot of people and we're going to try to continue to strengthen this team."
    First off, I'm not saying that the Pacers want Barbosa or any other Raptor, but this is promising if indeed Toronto wants Wilson Chandler this season.

What do you guys think? Is there anyone the Pacers might want that Toronto would be willing to part with in order to get Chandler?
    Walking like I'm already there.

Amir? West is a going injury concern, and psycho T could be outplayed for minutes by Amir
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Amir AND Barbosa??
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

My only thinking is that they wouldn't take Barbosa because they already have George Hill. Amir is interesting though.

Comment

or the mystical collison for calderon trade
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Sounds like the Pacers might be the perfect dance partner as a third wheel in a S&T for Chandler.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              or the mystical collison for calderon trade
              Here's Collison's salary:

$1,455,960 - (This season)
              $2,319,344 - Next Season
              $3,342,174 - (2013-14)

I think if Indiana wanted to do this trade, Toronto would accept in a heartbeat.

Comment

Calderon and a second rounder for Collison. Bang we got our PG of the future

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Calderon and a second rounder for Collison. Bang we got our PG of the future
                  I like this trade for the Raptors, but if you're Larry Bird, do you think this makes your team better?

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                    I like this trade for the Raptors, but if you're Larry Bird, do you think this makes your team better?
                    i think it would. Better passer to get your players better looks

Comment

Is Collison a better PG than Calderon? Younger and more athletic, but not as good a shooter, or passer. I don't know if he is enough of an upgrade to warrant making that trade. Calderon can play at the level he's playing at for another 2 - 3 years before a significant drop off which is better production than what Collison can give you.

Comment

People who think Calderon is a liability on defense and want to trade him for Collison might become seriously dissapointed.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                          My only thinking is that they wouldn't take Barbosa because they already have George Hill. Amir is interesting though.
                          And yet they are very interested in Eric Gordon. Trading for Barbosa maintains their cap flexibility to go for Gordan, an Indy native, in the summer, while bolstering the wing in a strong season this year.

Comment

To be honest I am not sold on Collison for the long term. He is relatively small & light (like a TJ). All the top guards in the league are taller & heavier. He gets physically handled fairly often to have to give up the ball or turn it over when I have seen Indy's games.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              To be honest I am not sold on Collison for the long term. He is relatively small & light (like a TJ). All the top guards in the league are taller & heavier. He gets physically handled fairly often to have to give up the ball or turn it over when I have seen Indy's games.
                              Collison is taller than CP3 and Lawson. Same height as Rondo.

Much lighter than Lawson and just a touch lighter than CP3 and Rondo.

Comment

Working...
                              X