Ed or Amir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ...of all the comments I've read on him that I disagree with, lack of skill is probably the one I disagree with most.

100% bang on.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: who they keep will come down to a financial decision. Specifically it might come down to what they end up paying DeRozan.

With the frountcourt of the future likely shaping up to be Val and Bargs at the 5/4, can you afford to shell out 8+ million to keep Ed Davis? Highly unlikely. The better plan is to trade him while he's on his rookie contract and extract maximum value for him. The length of Amir's contract aligns nicely with the incoming contracts of Val and this year's draft pick, Ed Davis' (if they choose to resign him) will not. Instead it would likely create a logjam and some tough choices, again assuming DeRozan gets an extension and the club is shelling out 25-30+ million between DeRozan, Davis and Bargs. Add in another 10 million easily for the rest of your roster, and suddenly extensions for Val and this year's pick would require quite a bit of manoeuvring if one of them proves worthy of a max contract or something close to it.

It's far easier and safer to trade Ed and ride out Amir's contract.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        IQ, motor, athleticism, length, and defense is a package that many NBA players do not have. Many skilled players never excel because they are missing one or more of these attributes.

You don't win U20 Euro player of the year without skill.
        You don't shoot 85% from the FT line and 70% from the floor without skill.
        You don't make your home country national team as an 18 year old without skill - oh yeah, and actually play!
        You don't win MVP of the U-18 and U-19 Euro Champtionships without skill.

The expectations might be excessive but of all the comments I've read on him that I disagree with, lack of skill is probably the one I disagree with most.
        I hope you're right actually, because he's obviously a player I want to exceed and help the Raptors win. It's just these expectations are just to unrealistic, and it becomes hype, than he comes, doesn't exceed the expectations, Raptor fans become impatient and disappointed, and then want to throw them away.

I hope he doesn't have a lack of skill, because as a post player, his post moves, and overall offense isn't the best, and that won't develop over one off-season, it takes time and effort, he'll put in the effort, but we need to be patient.

So there's my point on Demar Derozan, Ed Davis..... Let these guys play, and give them the time.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Crazy thought, and I know it wasn't an option ... but aren't we pretty solid with Ed, Amir and Val as a front court, and isn't our need a star wing? Wouldn't Bargs get us more than either Ed or Amir?

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
            Crazy thought, and I know it wasn't an option ... but aren't we pretty solid with Ed, Amir and Val as a front court, and isn't our need a star wing? Wouldn't Bargs get us more than either Ed or Amir?
            Ed or Amir couldn't tie Bargs sneakers. You want to KEEP elite players, and that is what Bargs has morphed into.

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
              This season Bargnani has stepped into a major role, not at the superstar level, but perennial all-star. He's still got so much potential as well.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'd agree that trading Bargs would yield much better value and frankly I'd be open to it (depending on what he'd bring back obviously) if Amir, Ed and Val didn't all bring similar things to the table. Any combination of those three on the floor would mean a brutally clogged lane without much of a post game to compensate. Not a recipe for success. Bargs meshes nicely with Val and one of Ed/Amir, you've got to keep him.

Comment

Id trade Amir for salary reasons, and what we would get in return would be better. Im happy with Ed playing behind Bargs, with Val at C.
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                  X