Players I hope won't be raptors after 11-12 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players I hope won't be raptors after 11-12 season

Jared Sullinger - tweener any idiot of and NBA GM knows this guys game will not prosper in the PF filled NBA.
    Sean May, Marcus Fizer, Jordan Hill, Tyrus Thomas, Ike Diogu, shelden williams

the list goes on forever - nice NCAA players in the paint but they can not get their game off in NBA due to size.
    First rounder yes. Lottery pick no way. I like Jared's game he is a great kid. But lottery?

he is first on my list for a reason because OMG if raps get a PF in a draft like this it would be non-reconcilable worse than drafting Hoffa.

Steve Nash - I love Steve Nash -but as a player no. By the time Raps are respectable Nash will be in wheelchair alongside Professor Xavier.
    As a front office type sure I may be open to that after his playing career.

Leandro Barbosa - fun to watch. creative. deadly when he gets on a roll. but does not defend 2's well. does not fit in with the culture of D Casey moving forward IMO. Lets face it he and his contract are a welcome replacement for Hedork Turk-o-glue. But, on the real, teams that he has been on don't go deep. Never will. Must have size and desire to defend perimeter if you are 2a.

Rasual Butler - Rasual Butler thank you for staying shape and remaining a decent defender. This is not hate you did what millions of other could not... but c ya

did I miss any?
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

magloire
    a. carter
    forbes
    maybe even Ed Davis

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      magloire
      a. carter
      forbes
      maybe even Ed Davis
      Why Ed Davis? Keep Magloire, he's a good personality, nothing easy, and he's a Rasheed Wallace type guy.
      Forbes is fine. Anthony Carter I agree with.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bayless
        Carter
        Butler
        Big Cat

Probably 1other player based on what position we draft. Depending on what Barbosa wants I would keep him.

Comment

magloire
          a. carter
          forbes
          maybe even Ed Davis
          how about draft players? - if BC drafts a PF with out trading Davis and amir for a front line PG (which I dont see happening) should he not be immediately shown the door?
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I have no problem keeping Carter Magloire and Butler...as the 13th 14th 15th man and for vet minimums
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Players I absolutely don't want to see back under any circumstance:
              - Magloire
              - Alabi
              - Butler
              - Barbosa (would be a sin not to trade him to get at least a 2nd round pick in return)
              - Bayless (would like to trade for an asset; not worth the $4M+ his qualifying offer is worth)
              - Carter

Players I hope aren't back because something better is available one way or another:
              - Amir/Davis (my preference would be to trade Amir and keep Davis, but it's ultimately dependent on market value of each)
              - Gray (I wouldn't mind him back, but perhaps a deal is worked out with Denver to take back Andersen, so they don't match an offer for Chandler)
              - Forbes (don't care one way or another, but if he's gone, it's likely because his salary was needed in a blockbuster deal to get a stud player)
              - DeRozan (I like him, but if he can be upgraded to a player like Batum, Mayo or Gay, I'd be a happy Raptors fan!)
              - Calderon (I would love to see him run an improved Raptors team next season, but he's over 30, not part of the long-term future and I'd be happy to see him go if it nets the Raptors at least one 1st round pick in the draft)

Comment

Agree with Calgary minus Gray (he's perfect for his role) and Forbsey
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                  Jared Sullinger - tweener any idiot of and NBA GM knows this guys game will not prosper in the PF filled NBA.
                  Sean May, Marcus Fizer, Jordan Hill, Tyrus Thomas, Ike Diogu, shelden williams

the list goes on forever - nice NCAA players in the paint but they can not get their game off in NBA due to size.
                  First rounder yes. Lottery pick no way. I like Jared's game he is a great kid. But lottery?
                  Uhhh what about Zack Randolph, Luis Scola, Carl Landry, Carlos Boozer, Elton Brand, etc.?

Yes, I realize Scola never played in the NCAA but he's in the same boat.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    Agree with Calgary minus Gray (he's perfect for his role) and Forbsey
                    why do u like forbes soo much? he's a scrub

Comment

Here's my list of players I desperately want to see remain on the Raptors next year:
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Players I absolutely don't want to see back under any circumstance:
                        - Magloire
                        - Alabi
                        - Butler
                        - Barbosa (would be a sin not to trade him to get at least a 2nd round pick in return)
                        - Bayless (would like to trade for an asset; not worth the $4M+ his qualifying offer is worth)
                        - Carter
                        Magloire, Alabi, and Carter are end of roster type player and whether they return in no way impact the Raptors expected win percentage.

I agree that Bayless is not worth the qualifying offer. However, why would a team trade for his services if he's not worth the qualifying offer? I think he can be moved but we will receive in return will be just a different problem and maybe a 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal. As I am not a believer in 2nd round picks, I would rather we keep him and try to resign him for 2-3 years at $2.5M per year if they cannot resign Barbosa.

Your comment about Barbosa is just plain nuts in my opinion. Second round picks rarely turn out to be serviceable players and I would rather the organization shows some commitment to be competitive in a few more games this season than be willing to ballast rotation player for what is highly likely to be a garbage player (if he even makes the roster). I have no problem if the Raptors try to extend Barbosa to 2-3 years at a lower salary.

Comment

No player is untouchable, so if Bryan did a full team swap I'd be fine with that. However in order of preference are the guys that I'd want to ship out, to the guys that I want on the team.

Butler
                          Bayless
                          Barbosa
                          Alabi
                          Carter
                          Forbes
                          Magloire
                          Gray
                          J. Johnson
                          Kleiza
                          Calderon
                          Davis
                          Derozan
                          A. Johnson
                          Bargnani

From a draft point of view, the guys that I'd probably get pissed off the most at if we drafted them are one of the Zeller brothers, Henson or PJ3.

Comment

Actually the one Zeller brother looks like he'll be pretty awesome
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

magloire
                              a. carter
                              forbes
                              Those guys are on the team this season because Colangelo is playing for lotto balls. Don't worry, they won't be back. Fans should be happy they're here this season, especially based on posts on this board heading into 2011 FA period.

Comment

Working...
                              X