ESPN Insider: Small trades, big impact - Jose Calderon for Devin Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the_gibba wrote: View Post
    Questions: Are we having this discussion if Calderon is making 5mm per year over the next two years? IE do we dislike the man because we dislike the contract?
    The contract, for me, is only half of the equation. My issues are:

1) he ties up $10.5 of $58M next season. I think that money can be better used for next year. (so that is the contract)
    2) he is a starter with a history of injury after international competition heading in to an Olympic summer. Whether he is paid $5M or $10M at this time he is currently the starter and I don't see him contributing in the trainer's room or on the bench in a suit.

Thinking back the last 2 years of how poorly he was viewed around the league it seems to me, given now the idea of trading him or a team taking him on is no longer laughed at by the ESPN chat crew or HoopsWorld.com chat crew, it is the time to strike. He will not be the starter long term (take BC's word for that, not mine) and he is one tweaked hammy or groin away from being a regret of not acting now.

Comment

My Favourite Player in the World

... is Jose. If we can get this deal, take it. In a heartbeat, take it. If we are still lost in our search for a good point to lead the show, we can make a run at him in a season and a half when he becomes a free agent.
      This trade is too good to be true.

Comment

It is highly unlikely the Jazz will give Harris and a 1st rounder; a more reasonable trade scenario is Harris+2nd rounder for Calderon, and I'm not sure I like it...

Comment

If they give up a good pick it's worth it. Harris isn't going to help the team, but at least he can be gotten rid of in another year.

Comment

I'd love to see that quote where Jose asks to be traded to a contender. As far as I can remember people seemed to have a tough time comprehending shit, rather than forgetting what Jose didn't say.
            Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 4, 2012, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X