Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolstat: Barbosa wants to stay long term

Ryan Wolstat ‏ @WolstatSun
    Also Barbosa told me he loves Toronto and preference would be to re-sign long-term. He recently changed agents but wouldn't say why #Raptors

First time I have heard of Barbosa wanting to stay long-term...... you learn something new everyday.

Sign me up, 20 mill over 4 years and I'm super happy. Guy is a super good bench player who accepts his role.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Amen! I'm all for locking him up if he really wants to be here and 5 mil sounds about right.

Comment

not down for 5 million, he is a fading talent and he's a black hole at times.
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          Sign me up, 20 mill over 4 years and I'm super happy. Guy is a super good bench player who accepts his role.
          as long as his role is shoot everytime you touch the ball. i would be more than happy to trade him to another team and look for another 6th man. just as an idea a james harden type player, just a name i threw out and in no reality would i think we had a chance to get him. one who can lead the second unit and do whatever is needed. you dont need to worry about safe players like that shooting you out of games.

for every game that barbosa keeps us in or wins he also kills us one game. don't like gambling like that.

Comment

im kewl with 5 mil too.... guys like james harden would cost much more than that, and deserve to be starters..... its hard to find guys who are willing to sit on a bench and play that well.

Barbosa plays pretty decent, and for 5 mill, him a kleiza plus some other peices would be a fine bench.... we juss u know need some better starters, at SG, SF, and Center.... since caldy and bargs could start for a decent chunk of teams in this league as is, the other guys not so much......

barbosa on a good team would be perfectly fine to be a nice spark, its just on this team alot of time we need to flat out expect him to make up something or juss seem another guys shoot another brick -_-

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              First time I have heard of Barbosa wanting to stay long-term...... you learn something new everyday.
              He is inside the team and sees how good is everything there. Casey, McKechnie, organization as a whole, and nice building team heading the right direction. Too bad other players in US can't see that. I hope it will change next season with JV, another pick and Bargnani crashing everyone around. We need to make somehow us players next offseason, we will have more chance to lure big names than now.

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
                He is inside the team and sees how good is everything there. Casey, McKechnie, organization as a whole, and nice building team heading the right direction. Too bad other players in US can't see that. I hope it will change next season with JV, another pick and Bargnani crashing everyone around. We need to make somehow us players next offseason, we will have more chance to lure big names than now.
                it is all about winning. we were big time with the quitter and except for ignorant antonio davis, toronto was the place. barbosa is brazilian not american.

Comment

Call me a pessimist, but this could be a result of Barbosa's (ex) agent trying to facilitate a trade to a contender and finding no takers, so Barbosa is now just trying to secure a deal...It seems strange that he would complain about our winters, talk about how sad he was to have to leave home and come back after the lockout ended and then want to sign long-term...His agent's failure to get him moved to a contender and/or warmer climate would also explain why he is changing agents.

Having said all that I hope I am dead wrong and he gets traded for something before the deadline, the Raps could always re-sign him in the off-season anyways.

Comment

Had he not said that he wanted to be back but ended up signing at a fair price I would not have minded so this doesn't change anything for me but it's nice to hear him say that. It must mean Casey and company are building a good locker room.

If Barbosa comes back then Bayless is as good as gone.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Had he not said that he wanted to be back but ended up signing at a fair price I would not have minded so this doesn't change anything for me but it's nice to hear him say that. It must mean Casey and company are building a good locker room.

There will be tears should that occur...... of joy.

Comment

There will be tears should that occur...... of joy.
                        Agreed ... everyone who said he should be given the reigns this year over Calderon, raise your hand ... where are you?
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          Agreed ... everyone who said he should be given the reigns this year over Calderon, raise your hand ... where are you?
                          One right here.

Neither Calderon or Bayless are part of the future it would appear so I don't think it really makes a difference - except in raising Calderon's trade value...... so maybe it did make a difference, nevermind.

The whole point in starting him was to find out what he could do and not do. I think, despite not starting, that has been accomplished.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

That's the hope.

My guess is Barbosa will sign a 3-year extension worth $12 to 15 millions.

Comment

If it's up to me I'd move Barbosa before the deadline for a pick or a decent young prospect. I wouldn't be looking to resign him as by the time the team is ready to compete he'll be a none factor. I'd rather go after a player like OJ Mayo at 5-7 million a year then Barbosa to fill the bench scoring role. I like Barbosa as a person/teammate but I think we can get someone to fill the leadership role at a significantly less salary and invest those dollars in a player who fits in better with the core going forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X