No announcement yet.

CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that is true, it implies that the Raptors are looking to shop him. No idea what to believe, maybe BC asked for Carmelo and got hung up on.

Comment

I don't think there's a deal to be had with the Nuggets but you're right, it sure does imply a lot.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
        If that is true, it implies that the Raptors are looking to shop him. No idea what to believe, maybe BC asked for Carmelo and got hung up on.
        Not sure I agree. The Nuggets called Toronto. Just like in any like-situation, you shoot for the moon. It also lets you know the Nuggets are interested, so if your hand is forced later, you have a willing-to-listen partner. Not sure how you can pull "the Raptors are looking to shop him" from that.

Comment

Well Bosh's name has been popping up in a lot of places. Colangelo and the Raptors don't exactly seem to be saying "Bosh is untouchable". "Shopping" doesn't necessarily mean looking to deal. It could mean determining fair market price to help determine if they should deal. Based on all the rumored offers, Colangelo must be starting to get an idea of what the market thinks Bosh is worth. If the Bynum rumor has any legs to it and the Lakers and Raptors are just putting out a smoke screen then I'm thinking Bosh will allow the Raptors to land a marquee player for their young core at the least.

Comment

Denver has nothing to give up for Chris Bosh outside of Carmelo ... it was definitely Melo that BC asked for and rightly so.

Like so many other teams in the NBA, Denver had no strong level of interest in the player they were calling about. Just cursory interest, to see if they could get a steal. Get a good player without having to lose a good player. The difference between real interest and not.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

Think Bynum and Turk could provide the same kind of 1-2 punch that Orlando had?

Do you think Bargnani, who apparently thrives in guarding back-to-the-basket centres would fare well against smaller PFs?

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post

Do you think Bargnani, who apparently thrives in guarding back-to-the-basket centres would fare well against smaller PFs?
                Yeah thats a good point Bynum is a finisher around the basket, hedo would set him up for easy baskets all day long. Bargs i think would do well because of his quickness and he wouldn't get overpowered as much too. The only thing about BYnum is he injury prone ? He's only had one full season in 4 years, this year seems like he will stay healthy. But his upside like Bargs is trough the roof.

Consider this both guys are 24 and 22 right now, both signed to extensions the Raps would never be undersized in the front court. Having said that their age being a strengh it's also a weakness because if ther 'Upside" doesn't pan out the Raps will be paying 22-23 mill for both.
                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I dunno if it is a real trade, but I think I would pull it. Good for Bosh, good for us (I think, I am unconvinced Bargnani can guard the 4). Bynum would be under long term contract and we could avoid all these interminable rumours that surround Bosh. Plus, if I were Bosh, I would jump at the chance, even if it meant more limited minutes.

Comment

Imagine a lineup of:

C - Gasol
                    PF - Bosh
                    SF - Artest
                    SG - Bryant
                    PG - Fisher
                    6 - Odom

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Imagine a lineup of:

C - Gasol
                      PF - Bosh
                      SF - Artest
                      SG - Bryant
                      PG - Fisher
                      6 - Odom

I would even throw in Calderon just to see the best basketball team in the league - yikes that would be a great team.

Imagine:
                      Gasol
                      Bosh
                      Artest
                      Bryant
                      Fisher

Off the bench, Odom, Calderon (who would work amazing with Gasol AND Bosh). If I am the Lakers I think I would try to make this happen this season...(probably it won't happen...but man it would be awesome)

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post

Wonder how well Bargs could guard Bosh....I'd say pretty well.

Comment

I think Bosh would own Bargnani. Mind you, Bosh has moved his game inside this year, which suits Bargnani. But I mean, Bosh gives fits to even the best defenders in the league on most nights. Bosh commands a double every possession of the 4th. I gotta disagree Bendit.

Mind you, I don't think Bosh would able to guard Bargs particularly well either though...

Comment

BC definitely demanded JR Smith - asking for Melo dumber than a bad blonde joke.
                            RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                              BC definitely demanded JR Smith - asking for Melo dumber than a bad blonde joke.
                              Yeah, he tried to get him last year too. Offered Kapono and the Nuggets laughed him off the phone.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                                - asking for Melo dumber than a bad blonde joke.
                                Not necessarily imo....if it was Melo that was in the conv. it may have been done precisely to reinforce the public posture of not wanting to deal Bosh...or setting the bar high since these things get around and so, the next offers from other teams will have a bit more substance to them. Like knocking BC''s socks off type substance which he might be angling for.
                                It's definitely smokescreen and poker time.

ps...imv I would lean to a package including Nene & JR which might have been the exchange req.

Comment

Working...
                                X