CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Nothing official, just something courtesy of the ESPN Insider Rumor Section.

When we think of teams going after big-name free agents this summer, thoughts usually turn to New York, New Jersey, Chicago and Miami.

But what about Oklahoma City? With the likes of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green and James Harden and a 12-10 record, they're looking a lot better on paper right now than any of the aforementioned teams. And as ESPN's Jalen Rose notes, they could be a force with the addition of a big man that draws double teams.

"If the Thunder can get a Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire-type player, they will be contenders in the West," he writes. "They need a power forward who can draw double-teams, defend the post and rebound his position."

Remember this, too: the Thunder have the projected cap space to sign a Bosh or Stoudemire. If neither minds playing in a smaller market with a younger team, the Thunder's talent and skill level -- and possible playoff appearance this spring -- might be an attractive sell.
    Could you imagine that team with Bosh in the fold? Talk about an exciting future in OKC.

This is what Marc Stein had to say too:

"Still wondering why we're always saying that the Thunder, for all the cracks about unfashionable Oklahoma City, are the envy of countless teams? On top of the wildly promising four-man core of Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Jeff Green and James Harden and the good crowds, OKC is poised to make its first significant foray into free agency. The Thunder still have to convince skeptics they can lure a big-name signing to their humble outpost and prove they're willing to pull the trigger on big spending -- it wouldn't surprise anyone if they merely seek a quality piece or two and save some of the money to pay all the kids -- but sunglasses are definitely required with an outlook this bright."
    Source - Click here
    Yes
    60.71%
    No
    10.71%
    Undecided
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

mh sorry, but I don't see this happening. Not cos I don't like the thunders, I love them and Durant is just something special, but is just that they play in Oklahoma City.
    Let's think one sec: why would Bosh want to leave the Raps? Two possible motives in my humble opinion: endorsment money or title.
    The Thunder won't gurantee any of the two. Oklahoma City is hardly a bigger market than Toronto, first, and I don't see the Thunder having a shot at the title in the near future, second, (let's say 5/6 years) unless they pull a Duncan in a future draft.

Comment

I am sure most teams in the NBA that can afford Bosh and need of a really good PF will be interested in him. Somehow I don't see a team located in Oklahoma to want to spend max money on a player right away after just getting a franchise only 2 seasons ago.

The thunder/sonics shows you how having patience with losing seasons and good drafting can transform a team in about 3 seasons which is much better then constantly trade/sign free agents and have the team troll in medicoracy.

Comment

Oklahoma doesn't have enough cap space to sign Bosh.

They would either need to:
        • Manufacture a sign and trade -- in which Jeff Green would be the headline talent heading back to Toronto along with some other smaller pieces.
        • Or sell off some of their current contracts in salary dumps to create the additional cap flexibility -- an achievable task but one which the Thunder's management has shown no interest in so far and I don't think they will in the near-future either.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

A trio of Kevin Durant + Chris Bosh + Russell Westbrook would be incredible.

I'd love to see the Thunder take some risks and look to bring in another All-NBA talent to put alongside them too. I think it's a better option than playing it safe, keeping Jeff Green, and adding a $8-11 million type talent.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

I'm sorry but these guys need to get real. Bosh is really going to walk away from $30M extra money to go play in Oklahoma?...Really?

Comment

I would think that every team in the NBA is "interested" in Bosh. He is a sick player. However there are not many teams that have a chance at getting him but unlike a lot of teams OKC does. THey have an AMAZING young core. Bosh would be a great piece and they have a lot of money to throw at him as well
              Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Yeah, and I'm sure his market value will go up there enough to justify him balking at $30M.

Comment

No way CB4 or even Amare for that matter, are gonna sign in OKC. If either of them by some miracle were lured there, I'd say the Thunder become legit contenders in the West. But it's not happening. Man I hope CB decides to resign.

Comment

Bosh isn't going anywhere

Chris Bosh hasn’t been alone in this media speculation. His 2003 draft contemporaries, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James are facing similar speculation. Most coming under the heading of if you don’t have any real news, make something up! Major media outlets have even gone so far as to poll their own writers to create stories about which stars are most likely to change teams in the blockbuster 2010 free agent pool.

What they are not saying is NBA players who can command maximum dollar contracts almost never leave their original team except by trade. And there are really sound reasons for why max free agents re-sign with their old clubs. MONEY!

It has been widely written (and the math isn’t that hard to do) that if any of the big 3 (maybe 4?) free agents were to directly sign with another team, they would be giving up annual raises averaging more than $1,000,000 per season plus a guaranteed 6th season putting about $30,000,000 of their projected lifetime earnings at significant risk.
                    Raptors All-Star Chris Bosh, Not Going Anywhere

If Bosh goes anywhere, it will be via the S&T route. He's not going to give up his payday!
                    The Thunder have more great assets to tempt the Raps with than anyone but why would they?
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                      If Bosh goes anywhere, it will be via the S&T route. He's not going to give up his payday!
                      The Thunder have more great assets to tempt the Raps with than anyone but why would they?
                      Yeah we're talking about 25 year old man about to enter his prime, not a 35 year old man looking to ride the coattails of a contender to a championship.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                        Raptors All-Star Chris Bosh, Not Going Anywhere

Do you think the Raptors can get anything significant in a S&T? Nobody's expecting equal value, but what's your definition of acceptable S&T returns?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                          Do you think the Raptors can get anything significant in a S&T? Nobody's expecting equal value, but what's your definition of acceptable S&T returns?
                          Ask the Blue Jays.

Comment

not happening....maybe of the franchise was still in Seattle but Oklahoma?...really?....comon.... Seattle at least had history on its side...

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Ask the Blue Jays.
                              The difference here is that the Raptors are willing to spend with the big boys.

Comment

Working...
                              X