No announcement yet.

CB4 Trade Rumors: Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok and did you consider what if Bosh flat out says "I won't re-sign with Golden State or Minnesota"? Those two teams would want some sort of assurance that Bosh would re-sign if that Raptors had any hope of landing something fair in return. He's not going to want to leave Toronto to go play with the likes of the Warriors or Wolves, it would make no sense for him. The point of leaving would be to go to a more competitive team.

Comment

• The Spurs have always maintained an interest in Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, a Texas native, but Raptors’ general manager Bryan Colangelo has yet to show a strong inclination to trade his star before his impending free agency this summer.
      Yahoo Sports

Comment

• Legler: Chris Bosh is done in Toronto

Apparently Legler was on some ESPN show yesterday and stated that:

A.) Bosh wanted to win now and the Raptors aren't close to being a contender.
        B.) Bosh wanted out.
        C.) The Raptors would move him before the deadline.

-ESPN’s Tim Legler went on the record to say that Chris Bosh would definitely be traded before the deadline.
        Sprung On Sports

Maybe Bosh has been saying all the right things to help the trading process and the Raptors?
        Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 27, 2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Seems pretty weird. What contender could he be traded to? I just don't see any teams to which Bosh could be traded for decent value which would do better this season, aside from maybe the Lakers.

And that imo would be a dumb trade for the Lakers to make, since Bosh and Pau are so similar.

If you are genuinely unhappy in a place, it will show. From Bosh's interviews and body language, he seems to enjoy being here. BC is presumably willing to dig into the luxury tax to keep improving the team. I dunno, man. I'd be pretty surprised if Bosh goes. Can someone name some clearly superior teams for him to play for, where he doesn't become a second option to Wade or Lebron?

From all we know of him, he does not want to be second fiddle to anyone from his draft class. I can see him tolerating being second to Kobe or Duncan, but pretty much no one else. He also doesn't want to play for a team with a crappy future. Chicago, maybe? San Antonio? He doesn't want to play in Dallas...Houston has crappy assets. I'm pretty puzzled.

Comment

• Ripp wrote: View Post
            Seems pretty weird. What contender could he be traded to? I just don't see any teams to which Bosh could be traded for decent value which would do better this season, aside from maybe the Lakers.

And that imo would be a dumb trade for the Lakers to make, since Bosh and Pau are so similar.
            Bosh is better than Bynum in almost every way. Acquiring Bosh for Bynum is a big time upgrade by the Lakers.

Ripp wrote: View Post
            If you are genuinely unhappy in a place, it will show. From Bosh's interviews and body language, he seems to enjoy being here. BC is presumably willing to dig into the luxury tax to keep improving the team. I dunno, man. I'd be pretty surprised if Bosh goes. Can someone name some clearly superior teams for him to play for, where he doesn't become a second option to Wade or Lebron
            You can be happy with your job but then find a job you know would make you even more happy and decide to leave. This happens.

Ripp wrote: View Post
            From all we know of him, he does not want to be second fiddle to anyone from his draft class. I can see him tolerating being second to Kobe or Duncan, but pretty much no one else. He also doesn't want to play for a team with a crappy future. Chicago, maybe? San Antonio? He doesn't want to play in Dallas...Houston has crappy assets. I'm pretty puzzled.
            Yeah, from what people have suggested based on deciphering Bosh's comments. Bosh himself has never said he didn't want to play with kobe or LeBron or someone like that.
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jan 27, 2010, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Link - The Sacramento Bee

On the Kings' side, the idea of giving up any of their core players for one with an expiring contract and the inherent uncertainty thereafter is equally unappealing. The same outlook applies to Toronto forward Chris Bosh, who Kings officials are believed to see as a good fit but who also comes with too much inherent risk because of his expiring contract.
              This same scenario applies to about 25 other teams.
              RR OG

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                You might as well take the Warriors and T-Wolves off your list as I am unsure why Bosh would prefer to play there than here. In fact I don't know why Bosh would want to play in either of those places period.
                Apollo wrote: View Post
                Ok and did you consider what if Bosh flat out says "I won't re-sign with Golden State or Minnesota"? Those two teams would want some sort of assurance that Bosh would re-sign if that Raptors had any hope of landing something fair in return. He's not going to want to leave Toronto to go play with the likes of the Warriors or Wolves, it would make no sense for him. The point of leaving would be to go to a more competitive team.
                Of course some teams might want him to stay but look at the free agent class as a whole...Not just LBJ, D-Wade & CB4 there are some great players to be had other than those 3 imagin a team that gets a duo of Joe Johnson & David Lee
                or Amare Stoudemire & Nate Robinson or Carlos Boozer & Josh Howard...ect.

Each duo could be had for what Bosh will be asking for.
                Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

• I think you're underrating Joe Johnson and David Lee's values. Lee wasn't able to get a pay day in the summer because team were holding out for the summer of 2010. He may have a lot more takers this time. Joe Johnson is having a career year as a leader. He's proving this year that he has arrived as one of the top guys in the league.

Comment

I think you're underrating Joe Johnson and David Lee's values. Lee wasn't able to get a pay day in the summer because team were holding out for the summer of 2010. He may have a lot more takers this time. Joe Johnson is having a career year as a leader. He's proving this year that he has arrived as one of the top guys in the league.
                    Yes but Joe Johnson is not going to get 20 million I would say 14-15 at the most...

& David lee will only get 10-12 mill the most...

Bosh 21-23 mill...

You get my point?

Comment

• A max deal will have Bosh starting at $21-23M? YIkes, didn't know that!

I had something my my mind like Jermaine's expiring deal, $20M+ in the final three years, escalating.

Comment

A max deal will have Bosh starting at $21-23M? YIkes, didn't know that!

I had something my my mind like Jermaine's expiring deal, $20M+ in the final three years, escalating.
                        Yah & who knows Bosh could be putting himself into elite company if he keeps the numbers he is getting right now...

I would say Ball park

LBJ 25mill (could be 28mill)
                        Wade 24 or 26mill
                        Bosh 21 or 23 mill

Which is the reason why many people in raptor land think that he's gonna get traded...
                        Not that Bosh isn't a great player it's just that he ain't no Shaq nor is he KG in there prime so in my eyes even as good as he is playing right now he just isn't worth 21-23mill per.
                        Last edited by Deanialist; Wed Jan 27, 2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• Um, what? At the end of this season Bosh will have 7 years experience in the NBA. That means his max contract can be 30% of the cap, which is projected to be about 54 million for this season. That's 16.2 million, not 21-23 million.

So Bosh will likely make 16.2 million the first season, with 5% raises for every year thereafter. That's:

16.2 - 17.01 - 17.86 - 18.75 - 19.69 (Total = 89.51 million dollars)

That's the maximum another team that is under the cap can offer Bosh. If he signs with the Raptors or does a sign-and-trade, he gets an additional year at 20.67 million.

It's possible that someone offers him the maximum raise percentage of 10.5% every year, but that's a lot of dough! So a full max contract from the raptors would be:

16.2 - 17.9 - 19.78 - 21.86 - 24.15 - 26.68 (Total: 126.57 million dollars)

If he wants to go for maximum amount of money, it makes more sense for him to sign an extension now (if it were offered) while picking up his player option for next season (where he will make $17.15 million).

Comment

• Deanialist wrote: View Post
                            Yah & who knows Bosh could be putting himself into elite company if he keeps the numbers he is getting right now...

I would say Ball park

LBJ 25mill (could be 28mill)
                            Wade 24 or 26mill
                            Bosh 21 or 23 mill

Which is the reason why many people in raptor land think that he's gonna get traded...
                            Not that Bosh isn't a great player it's just that he ain't no Shaq nor is he KG in there prime so in my eyes even as good as he is playing right now he just isn't worth 21-23mill per.
                            It doesn't work that way. A "max contract" for James, Bosh and Wade is the same. A max contract means maximum money allowed under the CBA. I can't confirm this right now but I remember reading an article where they were suggesting that Bosh's first year of his max contract was either a little less than his one year option value or his current year value. Not sure which because it was a long time ago that I had read this.

Marz wrote: View Post
                            Um, what? At the end of this season Bosh will have 7 years experience in the NBA. That means his max contract can be 30% of the cap, which is projected to be about 54 million for this season. That's 16.2 million, not 21-23 million.

So Bosh will likely make 16.2 million the first season, with 5% raises for every year thereafter. That's:

16.2 - 17.01 - 17.86 - 18.75 - 19.69 (Total = 89.51 million dollars)
                            I think you've understated what Bosh's contract will be. I think other teams can offer more than that.

Marz wrote: View Post
                            It's possible that someone offers him the maximum raise percentage of 10.5% every year, but that's a lot of dough! So a full max contract from the raptors would be:

16.2 - 17.9 - 19.78 - 21.86 - 24.15 - 26.68 (Total: 126.57 million dollars)

If he wants to go for maximum amount of money, it makes more sense for him to sign an extension now (if it were offered) while picking up his player option for next season (where he will make $17.15 million).
                            Aren't the Raptors the only team allowed under CBA rules to offer him the max pay escalation? Also, aren't the Raptors allowed to offer him an extra year beyond everyone else?
                            Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 28, 2010, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Deanialist wrote: View Post
                              Yes but Joe Johnson is not going to get 20 million I would say 14-15 at the most...

& David lee will only get 10-12 mill the most...

Bosh 21-23 mill...

You get my point?
                              Didn't Joe reject a contract extension at that level in the offseason?

David Lee for sure rejected a 10 mil deal last year, and he has gotten a lot better since.

In any case, what you, I, or even MLSE thinks Bosh is worth is sort of irrelevant; plenty of other teams are willing to give him a max contract, so the market price is set.

As an analogy, I might think potatoes are too expensive at $1 per potato, and might think $1 of cabbage is a better value.
                              But again, from the perspective of the potato salesman (Bosh), he honestly doesn't care what I think, and won't lower his price, since there are plenty of people who are willing to pay the price he wants.

Comment

• I don't know if other teams can or cannot offer max pay raises in their contracts. But yes, only the Raptors can offer the extra year, hence why I said:

"So a full max contract from the raptors would be:

16.2 - 17.9 - 19.78 - 21.86 - 24.15 - 26.68 (Total: 126.57 million dollars)"

Which is 6 years at 126 million.

The Wizards were able to take Gilbert Arenas away from GSW when "The six-year, $111 million contract he signed in 2008 is one of the biggest in NBA history, and extends through the 2013-2014 season." (Hoopsworld: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=15113)

If 6 years at 111 million dollars is "one of the biggest in NBA history", why should we believe Bosh will get 6 years 126 million in a tougher economy with a lower salary cap?

Comment

Working...
                                X