Tank Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank Nation

I'm not one to support tanking because eventually these guys have to win games for all the losing to be worth while. Bargnani being out this long though has really helped put the team into a position to get the #1 pick.

The cool part about this year is that you can see development from this team. They're in most games and they seem to be playing hard. The other part I really enjoy seeing is a coach who benches people. I'm not privy to what happened a couple games ago when DeRozan got benched in the fourth, nor does it matter. I like the fact that Casey has the ability to control players minutes. He's in charge.

I think we are way too deep in this season to start winning game so might as well get the best draft position as possible. HOWEVER, next year, it's time to start winning games. Also, as albertan_10 mentioned, the raps are in a lot more games this year, making it a lot more fun to watch compared to last year where we got blown what very often.

Comment

We're losing most games by a couple points every game without our best player on our way to a high draft pick. I'd say this season has been a rousing success.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Bargnani's return is going to feel like we signed a really good FA.. for free!

Comment

I hope we get a great draft pick, (I hope Barnes or MKG, if not, PJ3), and Valanciunas can contribute right away. Plus BC never stays away from making moves in the off-season, and we'll hit the ground running.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I don't condone tanking. Games are made to win. Tankers are the same guys that would bend over in jail before they fight for themselves jus because they're outnumbered. Lol. Wusses tank. Real ball players and men that live the game, will play hard for 4 quarters no matter what. Y'all been screaming tank for the last 3 years. It's so wack. Lol
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
              I don't condone tanking. Games are made to win. Tankers are the same guys that would bend over in jail before they fight for themselves jus because they're outnumbered. Lol. Wusses tank. Real ball players and men that live the game, will play hard for 4 quarters no matter what. Y'all been screaming tank for the last 3 years. It's so wack. Lol
              True... with that said, I don't think the Raptors are by any means tanking this year...they just don't have the talent or experience to win yet.

Comment

Who is Bargnani?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  We're losing most games by a couple points every game without our best player on our way to a high draft pick. I'd say this season has been a rousing success.
                  Could not agree more.

Comment

This isn't tanking. Charlotte is tanking. Washington is tanking. When they lose, they lose big. We are getting close and if we happen to draft a bit higher because bargnani misses half the season, that's the bonus

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                      True... with that said, I don't think the Raptors are by any means tanking this year...they just don't have the talent or experience to win yet.
                      +1

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                        You must be a Leafs fan.

And/or just not understand how important draft success is to NBA franchises.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          You must be a Leafs fan.

And/or just not understand how important draft success is to NBA franchises.
                          Yeah but you're made to win games. This team is doing their best to win, it's not their choice to tank games. I'm pretty sure it is BC trying to tank by adding Rasual Butler to this team. Lack of talent is a big part of us losing, if Bargnani, Valanciunas, and that draft pick came, we would be winning more games definitely.

Comment

The interesting thing about this month is that Jose could be traded by the time Bargnani is ready to come back and Jose leaving could be just as detrimental to this particular roster team as Bargnani being out. In other words if Jose gets trade for picks you'll probably see a whole lot more losing and some really pathetic offense.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              The interesting thing about this month is that Jose could be traded by the time Bargnani is ready to come back and Jose leaving could be just as detrimental to this particular roster team as Bargnani being out. In other words if Jose gets trade for picks you'll probably see a whole lot more losing and some really pathetic offense.
                              I don't want Jose leaving, he could be a very valuable piece in terms of "hitting the ground running" for the team. He's a great playmaker for the team, and unless Bayless can prove he's a point guard that can get everyone the ball and NOT run iso plays every second possession, Jose needs to be here. BC loves Jose, I hope he's here, unless the deal is just right.

Comment

Working...
                              X