Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors to waive Anthony Carter: Not a done deal though (44)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors to waive Anthony Carter: Not a done deal though (44)

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...ny-carter.html

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...carter-go.html

looks like they are opening a roster spot in anticipation of the trade deadline
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

i think we should waive butler instead.

Comment

I was about to post that lol
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Trying not to read too much into this.. but with Carter out that probably means Calderon is staying past the dead line.

Comment

I guess if you aren't going to the playoffs having 14 on the roster might allow them to try out some 10 day guys until the end of the season

Comment

man wtf? cut butler's stupid ass.

guess that means we're getting a pg?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              man wtf? cut butler's stupid ass.

guess that means we're getting a pg?
              Or maybe two if Calderon is traded.

Houston: Flynn, Dragic?

LAL: Blake, Morris?

or any combination of the above.

Just speculation on my part but I don't think it means Calderon is staying.

Comment

Heard he had been at odds with Casey over the 'tanking' and worked out a deal to be released and possibly get on with a playoff team.

Comment

Yah, I think the logic here is that Carter could find a spot on a playoff team because of his experience and average play this year. Butler is fucking useless.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Chisholm says its probably just a favor to Carter so he can sign with a contender
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Doug Smith says:

the Raptors are still not expected to be big players leading up to the March 15 NBA trade deadline.
                      To me, this is bigger news than Carter getting waived. Why the hell are we not expected to be players at the deadline???

Comment

I mentioned this awhile back but i have a feeling we will get Cory Joeseph. BC tried to draftt him but it didint happen. and at the moment the spurs dont need him bcuz they are in win now mode. plus Joeseph as been spending some time in the D league due to lack of playing time with SA. Just a hunch but that whats i see. Maybe the spurs pick up Carter and send over cory joeseph for a 2nd rounder to return the favour. pure speculation but it really makes sense.
                        Last edited by pesterm1; Tue Mar 6, 2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Doug Smith says:

To me, this is bigger news than Carter getting waived. Why the hell are we not expected to be players at the deadline???
                          That's news to you? Reminder: The plan from day 1 this year was to develop/evaluate current assets, maintain financial flexibility for this coming summer, when decisions on draft, FAs and trade possibilities will be made. What has lead you to believe that the Raps would be "expected to be big players" at the deadline?

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                            That's news to you? Reminder: The plan from day 1 this year was to develop/evaluate current assets, maintain financial flexibility for this coming summer, when decisions on draft, FAs and trade possibilities will be made. What has lead you to believe that the Raps would be "expected to be big players" at the deadline?
                            I expected there to be serious discussions surrounding Barbosa and Calderon.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Or maybe two if Calderon is traded.

Houston: Flynn, Dragic?

LAL: Blake, Morris?

or any combination of the above.

Just speculation on my part but I don't think it means Calderon is staying.
                              why would you want steve blake?
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X