No announcement yet.

Dwane Casey's vision of the roster next season: see post 37 for update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be a big Wallace fan from his days in Charlotte but now I can't stand him. Watched a few Blazers games this year and he mailed in some of them, just zero effort. I don't care how talented you are, I only want guys that give consistent effort on my team.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wallace would've made sense on this roster 2 years ago. I don't see how he fits a rebuild.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Wallace would've made sense on this roster 2 years ago. I don't see how he fits a rebuild.
        Exactly. How much more is Wallace going to give you than James Johnson currently does? Don't get me wrong, Wallace is the better player but when we are talking a $9M difference in salary I think those dollars can be spent elsewhere (*whisper in the night* Batuuuuuuuum *echo, echo, echo*).

Comment

Don't wanna get laughed at, but would anybody want JR smith as a backup behind demar? If we had a chance to get him would you?
          "Masai WILL win us a championship"
          - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Exactly. How much more is Wallace going to give you than James Johnson currently does? Don't get me wrong, Wallace is the better player but when we are talking a $9M difference in salary I think those dollars can be spent elsewhere (*whisper in the night* Batuuuuuuuum *echo, echo, echo*).

it seems your priority has switched from chandler to batum.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              it seems your priority has switched from chandler to batum.
              It happens.

I'd still be very much happy with Chandler without ridiculous overpayment.

The reason for the switch is the play of Batum since they put him in the starting lineup. He has been incredible. Chandler is a solid, versatile starter. Batum has the chance to be a star, in my opinion.

This is another good reason why fans should never be GM's. We are allowed to flip flop with no consequences - besides being called out by your peers

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                ... We are allowed to flip flop with no consequences - besides being called out by your peers
                As if you have any peers Matt :-)

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  As if you have any peers Matt :-)
                  I was referring to the RR community.

Puffer, will you be my peer? :P

Comment

I was all about getting Chandler as well, but I prefer Batum. I think getting Wilson before March 1st would have helped us financially. There were less teams with cap space that were willing to make an offer. I think we would have got him at a slightly discounted price because of the market. I see a team over paying for both of these guys in the off-season. I'm willing to pay it in Batum's case.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                      I was all about getting Chandler as well, but I prefer Batum. I think getting Wilson before March 1st would have helped us financially. There were less teams with cap space that were willing to make an offer. I think we would have got him at a slightly discounted price because of the market. I see a team over paying for both of these guys in the off-season. I'm willing to pay it in Batum's case.
                      I think you guys are undervaluing what Batum is going to get paid. I saw $30 mm over four years thrown out .. thats WAY light. Im pretty sure that $40 mm over four years is light too. Im not sure I want to pay him $12 mm or so a year .. which is what I think the market might bear ...

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                        I think you guys are undervaluing what Batum is going to get paid. I saw $30 mm over four years thrown out .. thats WAY light. Im pretty sure that $40 mm over four years is light too. Im not sure I want to pay him $12 mm or so a year .. which is what I think the market might bear ...
                        For what it is worth, I totally agree.

$11M is the number I have had in my head - and I might have mentioned it elsewhere on the forums as well.

Comment

yeah I think I remember reading that he is not allowed to re-sign with Portland until his previous contract with them would have expired, but don't quote me.

Comment

Justin Bonin wrote: View Post
                            yeah I think I remember reading that he is not allowed to re-sign with Portland until his previous contract with them would have expired, but don't quote me.
                            His contract expires June 30th.

He is a RFA.

Portland has 3 days to match any offer sheet he receives or the Blazers can sign him to a contract after July 1st.

His agent said in January that he would talk to the other 29 teams in the league before he negotiated with Portland again.

Comment

Based on the comments from Casey I would seriously go after Batum, Mayo if Batum is not successful. I am still for Lillard or Beal in the draft and keeping Jose.

Comment

Ya I would think that Batum would get in between 9-12. I don't think he has proved enough to get paid as much as Deng, Granger, or Iggy. Under 12mil for sure. When you consider Bargs will only be making 10mil next year we have to put that into perspective. I would pay Batum the same contract over 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X