March 11 - Milwaukee Bucks - Redemption Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bendit wrote: View Post
    Ilyasova: Nice player. I like. Plays hard every time I see him and he went off today (31 & 12 I believe). He is a free agent this year. But he is a PF but is an active sort. Wonder if he could play SF? He makes 2.5 and will be looking for a good bump I would say. Just musing...any thoughts?
    I like Ilyasova and think he would do quite well here but I seem to remember him saying or being rumored to be strongly leaning to returning to Europe.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      I like Ilyasova and think he would do quite well here but I seem to remember him saying or being rumored to be strongly leaning to returning to Europe.
      I should mention that when I was traveling last week and went to the Bucks Bulls game Ilyasova was one of two bucks I was impressed with effort. The other was Udrih, but back to Ily he went hard all game. I was impressed by him a lot including off the ball.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        I should mention that when I was traveling last week and went to the Bucks Bulls game Ilyasova was one of two bucks I was impressed with effort. The other was Udrih, but back to Ily he went hard all game. I was impressed by him a lot including off the ball.
        I also want to reiterate that this wasnt a one game thing for me. He has stood out for me for a couple of years and was a good comparision with his Turkish bro Hedo when he was here!! WE do have a logjam at PF but this guy is 26 and ufa who will be looking for an increase but probably not unreasonably high. I havent seen him enough though to have an opinion whether he could play SF because he can score, rebound, play defense and can even hit the 3. He is just not the flashy type but plays the game the way I like it.

Comment

I also want to reiterate that this wasnt a one game thing for me. He has stood out for me for a couple of years and was a good comparision with his Turkish bro Hedo when he was here!! WE do have a logjam at PF but this guy is 26 and ufa who will be looking for an increase but probably not unreasonably high. I havent seen him enough though to have an opinion whether he could play SF because he can score, rebound, play defense and can even hit the 3. He is just not the flashy type but plays the game the way I like it.
          Not to be a dick but he is only 24.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Not to be a dick but he is only 24.

Not at all...keep 'em honest.

Comment

...I havent seen him enough though to have an opinion whether he could play SF because he can score, rebound, play defense and can even hit the 3. He is just not the flashy type but plays the game the way I like it.
              The skills he displayed on Sunday would translate quite nicely into SF position I think. I know it is a generalization, but European players I see in the NBA seem to be well schooled in the fundamentals and frequently are more complete players, on average, than the average NBA player. He scored a lot because he was moving well off the ball and also placed himself where he could grab rebounds.

I would love to see him in a Raps uni if Sunday was anything like his capability. He played well above his career or year stats, but he has been a monster the last three games and this year has averaged pretty much a double double.

So is he just coming into his own, or is he a 2012 aberration. I suspect he is the real deal, based on how easy it all seemed to come to him yesterday.

Comment

haven't seen him play yet, but I don't feel comfortable offering him a big contract. We all know that players have better stats in the final year of a contract, and rarely are they matched in the following season.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                X