Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis for Iman Shumpert

Would you do it?

I am a big Amir fan and a big Shumpert fan. I think both of those guys could be solid role players on this team in the future. Getting rid of Ed and getting Iman would mean a sure role for Amir in the future. Yes, I would do this deal, but I do not think New York would. First off, Shumpert is rather well liked in NYC and I think they would rather keep him then take on Ed, second, they have depth at PF and the only way they would do this deal would be to compensate for the loss of depth at PF caused by another deal, finally, New York has been in a slump as of late and there is tons of pressure on them to make a big move (people are talking about trading melo or amare...crazy but that is how much pressure there is) so I doubt they would even make a deal like this until another major deal would be made.

I do love the idea of getting Shump tho, I love his game.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
      I am a big Amir fan and a big Shumpert fan. I think both of those guys could be solid role players on this team in the future. Getting rid of Ed and getting Iman would mean a sure role for Amir in the future. Yes, I would do this deal, but I do not think New York would. First off, Shumpert is rather well liked in NYC and I think they would rather keep him then take on Ed, second, they have depth at PF and the only way they would do this deal would be to compensate for the loss of depth at PF caused by another deal, finally, New York has been in a slump as of late and there is tons of pressure on them to make a big move (people are talking about trading melo or amare...crazy but that is how much pressure there is) so I doubt they would even make a deal like this until another major deal would be made.

I do love the idea of getting Shump tho, I love his game.
      Well they might have depth in the PF position, but Ed Davis would provide potential and better defense, cuz let's face it, Amare can't play defense if his career depended on it, which it actually might.

Comment

Big fan of Shumpert.

Do we need him?
        demar is more mature. Has a similar skill-set with better offensive skills and lacking defensively. I would go for a straight swap for Demar if we can get a draft pick.

Comment

no thanks

Comment

I like him, but can we give something other than Ed? I like Shumpert, he's a shut down defender, and could develop a nice offensive game. Maybe a Charlie Ward, or Doug Christie type player... if he is lucky.

Comment

No, not with the current roster.

It may be an idea to explore in the off-season after the draft order is settled and the Barbosa question is answered. I think both players are complimentary pieces and can be very valuable in the right situation.

Comment

Working...
              X