No announcement yet.

New York Linsanes are struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, I would dream of their roster! Yet they are so bad on court... Reminds me when I was hyped up about Calderon - Bosh - J.O with Bargs coming off the bench, I really really liked the team on paper, but simply no results!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Do you think Melo will eventually figure out how to play more effectively with the Knicks offensively and defensively? Or do you think that the Knicks would trade him this offseason?
      I think D'Antoni is fired, Phil Jackson is brought in and they run the triangle. If Melo can't succeed in it, bye bye.

Regardless of whether or not Phil Jackson is brought in, D'Antoni goes to the chopping block before Melo.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I think D'Antoni is fired, Phil Jackson is brought in and they run the triangle. If Melo can't succeed in it, bye bye.

Regardless of whether or not Phil Jackson is brought in, D'Antoni goes to the chopping block before Melo.
        Unfortunately that's the way it will be, even though Carmelo just can't run in a D'antoni system. I believe that he shouldn't be fired, it'll effect everyone on the team. More so Lin and Stoudemire.

IMO, doesn't anyone think the point guard situation is still a need? Jeremy Lin has been like a Jerryd Bayless, again, just my opinion. It's not like he has had a HUGE impact on the team since, so I think the Knicks are still in need of a good point guard.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Definitely. I think D'Antoni is on the hot seat right now. He probably would have already gotten fired earlier if it weren't for Linsanity, but I definitely think that he will get fired either some time this season or in the offseason.

Comment

Definitely. I think D'Antoni is on the hot seat right now. He probably would have already gotten fired earlier if it weren't for Linsanity, but I definitely think that he will get fired either some time this season or in the offseason.
            Not to split hairs but his contract is up this off season. If he is not fired before the end of the year, he definitely will not be brought back, in my opinion.

Comment

Confirmation: Melo is an ass

It is lost on no one that the Knicks' free-fall coincides precisely with the return of Anthony. While Anthony was out with a groin injury, the Knicks won 6 of 7 games, including victories over the Los Angeles Lakers and defending champion Dallas Mavericks. With Lin leading D'Antoni's offense, the Knicks played fast and free, spacing the floor, hitting the open man, and even improving defensively.

But the day Anthony returned, the Knicks lost to the struggling New Jersey Nets, starting a sorry stretch that has washed away all the feel-good emotions of Lin's emergence and left them on the verge of missing the playoffs.

Management, the coaching staff and the players know Anthony is hurting the offense and in turn, the defensive morale, according to the sources. While D'Antoni's offense calls for Anthony to plant himself on the wing at the 3-point line, he often creeps in to his favorite spot in the floor -- the area between the elbow, the arc and the post. That kills the Knicks' ability to run the high pick-and-roll and ruins the spacing that is so critical to D'Antoni's offense.

"That's at the very core of our problem," one person close to the situation said. "That messes up the fluidity of the offense. Melo could do it, but he's got to trust the offense."

When Anthony first returned -- and it still appears to be the case -- Lin would bring the ball upcourt and try to run D'Antoni's system. When Anthony would abandon the offense, Lin would not pass him the ball, which irritated Anthony, sources said. So when Lin tried to talk to Anthony on the court, Anthony would turn his back to the point guard and tune him out. The two never had heated exchanges, though, and the players tried to come to a compromise, agreeing to run D'Antoni's system while also mixing in post-ups for Anthony.

"But it's just a mess because D'Antoni's system is not designed for that," one source said.

Despite his often poor body language, many of the players believe Anthony is trying to adjust and sincerely wants to win. He has told people close to him that he is being asked to do things he's never done, saying that throughout his career he has always had plenty of post-up opportunities and that he is uncomfortable standing on the wing spacing the floor.

"Half the team is trying to do what coach says and the other half is doing something different," one source said. "Then it spills over to the defensive end because players are (ticked) off about somebody taking a bad shot."
              Anthony knows what to do defensively, but simply refuses to do it consistently, the sources said.
              Source: ESPN.com

Comment

D'Antoni done in NYC one way or another:

D'Antoni, hailed as an offensive genius during his successful tenure in Phoenix, has lost the Knicks' locker room, the sources say.

"The players like Mike as a person," one source said. "They think he's a good guy. But he doesn't have the respect of the team anymore."

D'Antoni is in the last year of a four-year deal and all indications are that he will not be brought back after this season; that is, if he survives the rest of this season. The Knicks are expected to make a run at Phil Jackson, who retired from the Lakers last year with 11 NBA titles.
                But the Knicks, losers of six straight games, still have 24 games left to get through this year, and according to numerous sources close to the team, the reeling club is as dysfunctional in the locker room as it is on the court.
                Some players believe D'Antoni had the leverage to force Anthony to adjust to his system when he first returned from injury. The Knicks were rolling, showing they could win without Anthony, and their fan base was believing in D'Antoni's system. If D'Antoni had checked Anthony, perhaps even benching him, when he strayed from the offense, the players and fans would have been behind the coach and Anthony would have had no choice but to conform. But D'Antoni, ever the one to avoid confrontation with his players, would not do it, and now it's too late. That's when he lost the locker room for good.

Now, the players believe they need a coach who will hold players, especially the stars like Anthony and Stoudemire, accountable, the sources said. They do not believe D'Antoni is willing or able to do it.

On top of that, Baron Davis, who just returned from a back injury, is unhappy with his limited role as Lin's backup. Davis, averaging just 17 minutes a game, has already spoken to D'Antoni about giving him more playing time, according to the sources. While Lin wants to run D'Antoni's system, Davis is more in line with running the offense through Anthony and Stoudemire, the sources said.

"The only way this is going to work is if we have a coach that will hold Melo accountable and teach Melo, Amare and Jeremy how to play winning basketball," a source said.
                Source: ESPN.com

If Melo had professionalism it wouldn't need to come to this but let's face it, the guy had the ego to force his way out of Denver on his own terms so what did the Knicks really expect? That he would have less ego after picking his team and bending the wills of two professional basketball organizations? It's no wonder that he's not willing to commit to any system that doesn't revolve around his offense and how he wants his offense to flow. It's on D'Antoni for not sticking to what he believes in and lighting Melo up. He set a poor precedent. Now he's going to lose his job because it's very rare that a coach wins out over a player, especially a player they just brought in in a blockbuster trade.

In regards to Baron Davis: surprise, surprise... I swear, Dolan thinks he's playing a video game.

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n_New_York_Job

Okay. It seems as if Mike D'Antoni is guaranteed to get fired in the next couple of days according to this article. So it seems like Jerry Sloan will take over in possibly in the next couple of days. And it's about damn time they fired D'Antoni. Should have done this like a month or two ago...

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...n_New_York_Job

Okay. It seems as if Mike D'Antoni is guaranteed to get fired in the next couple of days according to this article. So it seems like Jerry Sloan will take over in possibly in the next couple of days. And it's about damn time they fired D'Antoni. Should have done this like a month or two ago...
                    If Sloan couldn't co-exist with Williams, there is no way he will handle Melo.

Phil Jackson is their best bet. Anthony might, a big might, actually thrive in the triangle.

Comment

Apparently D'Antoni just resigned. It would never happen, but I wish New York would hire Ewing. He's put in his time.

Comment

If Sloan couldn't co-exist with Williams, there is no way he will handle Melo.

Phil Jackson is their best bet. Anthony might, a big might, actually thrive in the triangle.
                        I actually have to agree, but at the moment in time, Sloan might be better than D'Antoni.

Comment

Phil seems to have the best track record for handling multiple superstars and bringing out the best in them. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I think he would be the best fit.

Comment

Why would Phil take that mess? He only signs on to ideal situations and NYC isn't it. I'm not sure who they hire but I do know Lin's long term fantasy value takes a big hit because of this.

Comment

Wrapping everything up in a nice package:

I’m going to sum up the Melo situation as quickly as I can. He’s a cancer. He corroborated with the Nuggets to get his extension while stripping the Knicks of their key players – and even had his powerful agent/shoe company people installed at Madison Square Garden to eventually run out D’Antoni and Donnie Walsh. They, like most of us, thought it was dumb as hell to sell the farm for a career-loser and I-guy.

Melo showed up in New York and acted like the messiah and team leader, having the audacity to tell the cameras that his teammates needed to play defense. Instead of trying to expand his game to learn a new skill set under D’Antoni’s known quantity of a system, he refused to make his teammates better. Once the going got bad, he tried to pass the ball. I chronicled it then, and it really happened. But watching Jeremy Lin soak up the spotlight and show Knicks fans a better way – a way that anybody that had dribbled a basketball knew was the path to blue and orange salvation – Carmelo just couldn’t take it. True to form, the losses piled up and he just knew it wasn’t his fault, and the guy that wouldn’t let him ‘play his game’ simply had to go.
                              Source: Rotoworld

Comment

Working...
                              X