• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 player trade - Milwaukee/Golden State

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/03/13/w...s=iref:nbahpt1

Warriors Receive: Stephen Jackson, Andrew Bogut

Bucks receive: Monte Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, Kwame Brown

Wow. I like it for both teams..

Milwaukee gets their another scorer and ball-handler to help the Bucks, and a young power forward in Ekpe Udoh. Kwame Brown is an expiring contract.

Golden State gets that centre, and a good producer on both ends of the floor. I like to say Stephen Jackson experiment, but I think Mark Jackson is capable of keeping his head in their.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Mar 13, 2012, 09:13 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

KWAME BROWN!!! I needed to get that out.

This is a great trade for both teams but I think the Bucks come out on top.

Jennings Ellis back court is gonna be so high octane but i gotta question if they can both coexist...

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
      KWAME BROWN!!! I needed to get that out.

This is a great trade for both teams but I think the Bucks come out on top.

Jennings Ellis back court is gonna be so high octane but i gotta question if they can both coexist...
      It is also a good thing that Scott Skiles doesn't have any hair.

Comment

GState just want Anthony Davis. Tank Nation is alive and well in the West Coast.
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

This might spell the end of Brandon Jennings in Milwaukee. I realize the Bucks came out and said he's not being traded right now but that doesn't rule out the summer. Both these guys need the ball in their hands a lot to be highly effective. My guess would be Jennings is moved and a passive PG, a glue guy, like Hinrich is signed to round out the starting lineup. Heck, I could see the Bucks offering up a deal to the Raptors with the core two pieces being Calderon and Jennings.

The Warriors get a good deal here. This will help their draft standing this season but they'll get a very good center for next season. This has to hurt for the Magic, who have been rumored to be very high on Ellis for months now.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            This might spell the end of Brandon Jennings in Milwaukee. I realize the Bucks came out and said he's not being traded right now but that doesn't rule out the summer. Both these guys need the ball in their hands a lot to be highly effective. My guess would be Jennings is moved and a passive PG, a glue guy, like Hinrich is signed to round out the starting lineup. Heck, I could see the Bucks offering up a deal to the Raptors with the core two pieces being Calderon and Jennings.

The Warriors get a good deal here. This will help their draft standing this season but they'll get a very good center for next season. This has to hurt for the Magic, who have been rumored to be very high on Ellis for months now.
            I would agree that the Magic must be disappointed, but realistically they had nothing of real value to offer for Ellis other then Howard...and I highly doubt they would have had any desire to do that.

As for Jennings, I would agree that at some point this will most likely make Jennings expendable. The reason Golden State was willing to move Ellis (other then getting a very good center in Bogut) is that Curry and Ellis showed that two ball dominant guards cannot work together to form a competitive NBA backcourt, and now Milwaukee has put themselves in exactly the same situation.

I think Milwaukee will attempt to make it work into next season though, which means I could see Jennings moved around the deadline next year.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

The Bucks have some nice pieces! If they can make a couple more moves, mainly try to get a 5 and 3 they will have a nice young core to go ahead with. They should re-sign Ilyasolva! The Bucks could be in the playoffs for years to come. That was a great move for the Bucks!

They get rid of a often injured Centre (he is awesome when he is healthy) and a problem. I'm surprised they didn't have to take Bliedrins in this trade instead of Brown.

Comment

Apparently Bucks will have up to $17M once free agency hits, not including Ilyasova though who should get a decent pay day(RFA).

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/3/1...space-warriors

Comment

I feel like the Bucks definitely come out on top. The Bucks got a good young power forward/center in Udoh, and an all-star caliber shooting guard in Ellis, but unfortunately a bust in Brown. The Warriors get an injury prone center in Bogut and a headcase in Jackson. Hopefully for the Warriors, Bogut will get healthy and start playing the way he did last last season and Jackson will grow up and stop complaining and just play.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    I feel like the Bucks definitely come out on top. The Bucks got a good young power forward/center in Udoh, and an all-star caliber shooting guard in Ellis, but unfortunately a bust in Brown. The Warriors get an injury prone center in Bogut and a headcase in Jackson. Hopefully for the Warriors, Bogut will get healthy and start playing the way he did last last season and Jackson will grow up and stop complaining and just play.
                    Brown isn't there to play. He's an expiring contract, so he'll open up cap space at the end of the season.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think this was more about moving jackson then anything else, it just wasnt working but I am not sure this is any better. They need to get a big in the offseason.

Comment

It is interesting that Houston reportedly offered Scola, Dalembert, and a #1 for Bogut. I guess Milwaukee really wanted Jackson gone.

Comment

That's a nice trade offer but like you said, the really wanted Jackson gone and they got an elite scorer out of this.

Comment

Golden State is still shopping Jackson to other teams too! So if they could get rid of him and possibly pick up something to compliment their roster the trade is more balanced.

Comment

Jackson is like a dirty diaper. No one wants to hold it.

Comment

Working...
                              X