No announcement yet.

Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Payton would be rolling in his grave if he knew you were sticking up for this bum...kidding
    Last edited by saints91; Mon Mar 19, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      Gary Payton would be rolling in his grave if he knew you were sticking up for this bum...kidding
      hahahahahahaha dont you bring Gary into this! hahahaha

GP is one of the all time greats. I even emulated his wide open hands defensive stance and taking off with the right foot for the right handed layup.

Damn you you made me forget about Bayless.

Sorry to segway, but this is a freakin awesome idea!!!! - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...oo-on-her-side

Comment

• Sorry to segway, but this is a freakin awesome idea!!!! - http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...oo-on-her-side[/QUOTE]

that's pretty awesome

Comment

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
          I've been saying all year long..watch him play a full a game and see how good he is. The past three games the guy has produced, end of story! He might be the best 3-point shooter on the team. The guy is a legit future starting PG in the league...
          if he can stay healthy and limit turnovers through continued play he is a great get.... but those are two big ifs.
          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Bayless should be back next season

Comment

• bayless will be back next season unless someone throws ridiculous money at him

Comment

• Calderon back in the starting linup, Bayless to the bench

Injuries forced Jerryd Bayless out of both earlier meetings this season, but he’s back, and playing tremendously for the Raptors as the starting point guard.

“Jerryd has been playing real well, not only offensively but defensively,” Casey said.

Still, long-time starter Jose Calderon said his sore ankle was feeling better and he expected to play against the Knicks. Calderon has tended to get the most out of Andrea Bargnani, one of the major factors in why the team currently prefers to start him.

Casey said Calderon would return to the first group, though he planned to use both Calderon and Bayless at the same time in order to keep Bayless’ minutes up.

Though he will grin and bear a return to the bench, it is clearly not an ideal situation for Bayless, who has posted markedly improved numbers over his career as a starter versus a reserve.

“(Starting has) always been comfortable for me, but Jose’s here, he’s the starter, like I said, I just want to be here to help this team and do whatever I can to help this team whether that’s starting, coming off the bench or just cheering,” Bayless said.

“I want to be here. I said I love this city, I want to be here for a long time. Whatever they want me to do I’m going to do it.”

But the truth is, the restricted free agent-to-be has not helped the team nearly as much coming off of the bench and he is not surprised, though he can’t quite explain why.

“It’s just a different way you can play, it’s just different. You get four cracks instead of two, it’s just different,” he said, struggling a bit to elaborate further before going into more detail.

“It’s tough. I think being a backup point guard is the toughest role that there is because it’s tough to kind of find that balance (between looking to score and looking to set up teammates),” Bayless said.

“Not a perfect situation, but you try to do the best you can. Whatever that game calls for, that’s what you try to do.”

In about 7.5 fewer minutes per game off of the bench, Bayless has posted 9.3 fewer points, 2.2 fewer assists and shot 39%, compared to 45% he has managed as a starter — including a ridiculous 54.3% clip over his past five starts.

While the thinking has long been that Bayless might best be served as a high-scoring combo guard, like the recently traded Leandro Barbosa, he doesn’t seem overly interested in that role.

He recently reaffirmed that he saw himself as a point guard— meaning a distributor as well as a scorer — and on Monday advocated Gary Forbes as a better fit for the Barbosa role. Forbes scored a career-best 20 points two games ago.

“That’s going to be moreso Gary,” Bayless said of the combo scoring guard slot in the lineup. “Gary did a great job for us. Showed us what he can do.”

Bayless has shown what he can do as well.

The question with Calderon’s impending return, is will that continue to be the case?

Source: Ryan Wolstat, Toronto Sun

Comment

• This will be an interesting stretch of games for Bayless. It seems like Casey is going to try and keep him at or over 30 minutes a game, if you can`t get in a groove and produce with those minutes (starter or not), I don't know what your problem is.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• You have to respect him saying all the right things. From his perspective it must really tough. All young ballplayers want to be starters and to be finally told that you are a backup must not be easy to take. The problem here is that JB for the first time has had a chance to play extended mins as a starter and has done well further reinforcing in his own mind he can be one. I also doubt anyone here has told him he can categorically not be one. I wonder if there is lack of chemistry between he and Bargs hence the shift to Jose in his first game back. We know what Jose can do and it would have been better for the evaluation process if they continued having Bayless start a few more games at least.

Comment

• Bayless showing he belongs

Just when you are certain Bayless is not capable of being a full-time point guard, he goes on another run like the one he currently is on, making you rethink his future in this Raptors rebuild what do you guys think trade him go after someone in free agency or look for someone in the draft?

He is pouring in 21.8 points and 7.6 assists a night on great shooting over his past five games.

Comment

• And sure enough, the minute Jose Calderon is healthy again, JB returns to the bench where he belongs.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                          And sure enough, the minute Jose Calderon is healthy again, JB returns to the bench where he belongs.
                          I really thought he should have played more last night vs. the Knicks, maybe I missed something while he was on the floor, but 14-15 minutes? I am not one pushing for him as our future starter, but I do feel he was short changed last night.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Guys, Bayless did this exact same thing last season. He stunk for most of the season and turned it on in the final games. He's proving nothing but he has the talent to be an NBA player but lacks the consistency to warrant a $4M qualifying offer.

Comment

• (Except last season, there was a large time gap in the sample size of Bayless starting, and he went back to his great play without missing a beat. But he ain't a pure PG so obviously he can't start for us long term.)

He was...okay this game. Got in foul trouble, then got injured. It honestly looked like he was going to pick things up before he got injured. -_-" But we're not going to re-sign him for sure, it's all moot.

Not starting him @ MSG has made me quite jaded as a fan though.

Comment

• For the record I'm not against him coming back. I know he has talent. I think he should come back as a UFA is all. I don't think the market gives him $4M is all my point is and if the market won't give him $4M then neither should the Raptors to maintain exclusive contact on an extension.

Comment

Working...
                                X