No announcement yet.

Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm not worried about his contract at all tbh. He simply can't command big money. MLE's the best he can feasibly get.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      For the record I'm not against him coming back. I know he has talent. I think he should come back as a UFA is all. I don't think the market gives him $4M is all my point is and if the market won't give him $4M then neither should the Raptors to maintain exclusive contact on an extension.
      i think that 5 and 20 is a fair deal for jerryd.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i think that 5 and 20 is a fair deal for jerryd.
        I think $4M a year is too high... I think 4yrs and $12M is a better deal. This is why I'm on the fence with Bayless... $4M for his QO is a little much (for me). If the cap space that gets used up on him is not going to be a concern in free agency or the trade market in the off season - that is when I make the deal. Otherwise I wait.

When do we have to make the decision to renounce him if we don't want him anymore? Does anyone know?

Comment

• He now has the highest PER on the team, if that means anything at all lol.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
            He now has the highest PER on the team, if that means anything at all lol.
            As well as Win Shares per 48 minutes.

But I doubt it'll be enough to change anybodies mind about Bayless. Unfortunately.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
              He now has the highest PER on the team, if that means anything at all lol.
              His a game changer if his given the minutes. We were really missing him down the stretch last night. On both sides of the ball.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                As well as Win Shares per 48 minutes.

But I doubt it'll be enough to change anybodies mind about Bayless. Unfortunately.
                It's sad, that people are only going to realize how good he is when his playing for another team.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  It's sad, that people are only going to realize how good he is when his playing for another team.
                  There is one key word missing from that statement to make it a factual statement, in my opinion:

It's sad, that people are only going to realize how good he is when his playing for another winning team.
                  I am very weary of a guy who puts up better stats in losses than wins.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    There is one key word missing from that statement to make it a factual statement, in my opinion:

I am very weary of a guy who puts up better stats in losses than wins.
                    Who are the teams they played in the wins? Losses? And who are the players he played with? How many minutes did he play on wins vs losses?

I think all of these are attributing factors.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                      Who are the teams they played in the wins? Losses? And who are the players he played with? How many minutes did he play on wins vs losses?

I think all of these are attributing factors.
                      Very good point.

Comment

Very good point.
                        Taking a look through his game log, I feel confident in the original statement.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...jerryd-bayless

Comment

Taking a look through his game log, I feel confident in the original statement.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...jerryd-bayless
                          Doesnt it go the same for Jose as well - http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...3AIl4YsM1BPaB4

Comment

• They've gone 3-4 when he's played 30 or more minutes. That's also a big insinuation that his scoring efficiently, with solid D (some that Al Jefferson doesn't bring/has brought most of his career) is a part of why we're losing. But it doesn't matter because: a) We're projected, and are losing a ton of games and be amongst the league's worst, b) small sample size; Has play as a starter makes it that we should be desperately trying to increase the sample size, to confirm him as the PG of the future or not.

Also:
                            http://www.82games.com/1112/11TOR3.HTM#onoff
                            Raptors points scored per 100 possessions when Bayless is on-court: 105.6
                            Raptors points scored per 100 possessions when Bayless is off-court: 97.9
                            Raptors points allowed per 100 possessions when Bayless is on-court: 106.4
                            Raptors points allowed per 100 possessions when Bayless is off-court: 105.1
                            Net point differential impact per 100 possessions by Bayless: +6.4

http://www.82games.com/1112/11TOR1.HTM#onoff
                            Raptors points scored per 100 possessions when Calderon is on-court: 100.4
                            Raptors points scored per 100 possessions when Calderon is off-court: 98.4
                            Raptors points allowed per 100 possessions when Calderon is on-court: 108.4
                            Raptors points allowed per 100 possessions when Calderon is off-court: 98.7
                            Net point differential impact per 100 possessions by Calderon: -7.7

All I want is for him to be treated like JJ, DD, and Bargnani have-throw him into the fire, considering that, you know, he plays like a freaking fringe All-Star on a team devoid of 2-way talent.

Comment

• We missed Bayless last night, losing his scoring punch, up-tempo offense, and defense. Calderon ran the offense well, but their was not change in pace that matched the runs of Chicago.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                We missed Bayless last night, losing his scoring punch, up-tempo offense, and defense. Calderon ran the offense well, but their was not change in pace that matched the runs of Chicago.
                                This is exactly why i think they should give Bayless a chance to be a starting PG. Calderon doesnt have the "next level" capacity. Im not making it a Jose vs Bayless comparison, but, ok, lets just compare Bayless to a pass-first PG. You know that pass first PG is always going to defer to the main/lead scorer. But Bayless, you have no clue what he's going to do. He may pass, he may shoot. And since his reputation is as a scorer, once he threads that middle, everybody will expect him to shoot, thats why if Casey work with him on his drive and kick or drop pass, he'll be a nightmare to guard. A pass first PG, you cant teach to be aggressive and put the game in his hands.

If you look around the league, there are really no pass-first PGs anymore in successful teams. Its sad but it is a dying breed. And its because the game calls for it. The game now is more fast paced.

Comment

Working...
                                X