Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    ???i don't think i wrote that.
    Yea sorry I'm on my phone it's hard to do quote on the mobile version of this website
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• You only get one chance to make a good first impression. Unfortunately for Jerryd most of us had a less than favorable impression of his start in the league as a PG based on his lack of play making ability.
      If he had just burst upon the scene now and was giving us his defense, scoring and decent assists totals, he would have a lot more Raptors fans willing to give him some time to develop into a very good starter.
      There isn't a long list of available guys that are going to be significantly better.
      The one thing that I have confidence in when it comes to Bayless is the pride he takes in giving it all when he's on the floor. He hates to lose and you don't see him just going through the motions no matter what the score is.
      I'd like to see what would happen if everyone played with the same intensity on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Bayless Gives his All

There's no doubt Jarryd can make a great contribution to this team. But not as our Starting Point Guard.

He could function as a combo Guard, alternating between Jose & Demar - with even Derozan getting some minutes at the SF spot. In fact, it's Demar who could feel pressure from JB. But in the end, Bayless - IMO - is not a true facilitator or Quarterback.

Either in this next draft, free agency session, or through a trade - Raptors need to acquire a true Point Guard. And if Bayless feels this setup is not to his liking, then I think both sides need to move on to greener pastures.

Comment

• Bayless needs to figure out how he can produce in similar proportions, but in reduced minutes, around 20-25mpg. No team in this league will take him as a starting point guard because of his inconsistent court vision and tendency to lose sight of the team and enter "getting his" mode.

If this spell is "proving" anything, it's that Bayless has a future in this league as a backup scoring guard, much like the departed Leandro Barbosa. This isn't really news.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Bayless needs to figure out how he can produce in similar proportions, but in reduced minutes, around 20-25mpg. No team in this league will take him as a starting point guard because of his inconsistent court vision and tendency to lose sight of the team and enter "getting his" mode.

If this spell is "proving" anything, it's that Bayless has a future in this league as a backup scoring guard, much like the departed Leandro Barbosa. This isn't really news.
            This is why he can't get a starting gig. It's not for the lack of talent but rather temperament and maturity. His cage can get rattled rather easily and for the most part, he's a bull in a china shop. He still need others to get involved before he gets to the next level. As for the SI critics, they're morons. This is a "lose-lose, " damn if you do or don't situation for JB. The kid was trying to win, what's he supposed to do, dog it?
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
              There's no doubt Jarryd can make a great contribution to this team. But not as our Starting Point Guard.

He could function as a combo Guard, alternating between Jose & Demar - with even Derozan getting some minutes at the SF spot. In fact, it's Demar who could feel pressure from JB. But in the end, Bayless - IMO - is not a true facilitator or Quarterback.

Either in this next draft, free agency session, or through a trade - Raptors need to acquire a true Point Guard. And if Bayless feels this setup is not to his liking, then I think both sides need to move on to greener pastures.

They can always draft Kendall Marshall in the 20s right?
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                I don't see why this need is as pressing as you make it out to be.

1. Why do we need a true PG? We already have guys who can create their own shots in iso with Andrea and DD. A true PG is only needed if your starting lineup lacks a good scorer.
                2. How many teams roll with a true PG these days? Let's take a look at the top teams in the league:

Miami > no true PG on roster
                OKC > no true PG on roster
                Spurs > no true PG on roster
                Chicago > not starting a true PG (Lucas isn't starting)
                Philly > no true PG on roster
                Lakers > not starting a true PG (Blake isn't starting)

Moreover, how many championship teams of the past decade had a true PG?
                (FYI the answer is two: Dallas & Boston)
                Last edited by Prime; Mon Mar 19, 2012, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• I'd rather take a flyer on any rookie NCAA PG then have to put up with bayless for 5 years, thatd be a let down of perpetual mediocracey.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                    I don't see why this need is as pressing as you make it out to be.

1. Why do we need a true PG? We already have guys who can create their own shots in iso with Andrea and DD. A true PG is only needed if your starting lineup lacks a good scorer.
                    2. How many teams roll with a true PG these days? Let's take a look at the top teams in the league:

Miami > no true PG on roster
                    OKC > no true PG on roster
                    Spurs > no true PG on roster
                    Chicago > not starting a true PG (Lucas isn't starting)
                    Philly > no true PG on roster
                    Lakers > not starting a true PG (Blake isn't starting)

Moreover, how many championship teams of the past decade had a true PG?
                    (FYI the answer is two: Dallas & Boston)
                    Chauncey Billups is not a true PG?

Comment

• "...He has said all the right things about being willing to come off the bench, but after spending the season under the wing of former NBAer Johnny Davis, Bayless appears ready to graduate to a bigger role."

This is encouraging, if accurate. Maybe some proper instruction is getting through. As I have said previously, the last four games from Bayless have impressed me. He has definitely changed his approach to the first half of games. He SEEMS to be teachable. I am a little more inclined to want to keep him around for a while.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I would say he falls under that score first type of guard. I think that's the perfect comparison for JB. Chauncey also was tossed around as a young player. Intill Detroit gave him a chance.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• He's playing basketball as he's supposed to. That's what he's paid to do. If he didn't y'all would be on here talking about how shit he is and to trade him. Some of you guys are weird. Games are played to win, period!! A game is a game. These are professionals doing their job. You guys kill me. He's playing good and we're beating good teams. This is basketball!!! Games are played to win. ***.
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Nope. He's a combo guard.

Comment

• Here is my feeling on it. I don't think he has great court vision, and he is not a great distributer. He tends to take the team on his back and look for his shot first. I'm cool with this style as a back up. When you have a less talented line-up on the floor it would be nice to have that extra punch of offence. We have talented guys in our starting line up and Bayless doesn't seem to be able to set them up as well as Calderon can. To maximize abilities you start the distributer and get the energy and scoring off the bench. I would like to see DeMar and Bargs with the ball in their hands more.

Comment

I'd classify him as a combo guard. He was starting at the two for the Clippers before his injury after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X