Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbihis wrote: View Post
    Afflalo, Miller, Udrih, Felton are all in the 7-8mil range. I can see Dragic putting himself in the same company, dont you?
    I know stats aren't the whole story but he is averaging 16.1 points and 9.4 over the last 10 games with great shooting percentages and 2.1 steals per game. The turnover ratio is not that great though. You really can't go with those numbers though. His season averages over the last couple years are similar to Steve Blake, Ridnour, Barea, J. Jack, to name a few, they are paid between 3-5 million. If Coney makes just over 6 mil, I don't think Dragic will get higher.

I predict around 5 million. It would be nice if we could use the mid level on him. Add him and maybe another PG in the second round and we have rounded out the PG position. Hopefully of the two will be able to take over for Calderon after next year.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
      I know stats aren't the whole story but he is averaging 16.1 points and 9.4 over the last 10 games with great shooting percentages and 2.1 steals per game. The turnover ratio is not that great though. You really can't go with those numbers though. His season averages over the last couple years are similar to Steve Blake, Ridnour, Barea, J. Jack, to name a few, they are paid between 3-5 million. If Coney makes just over 6 mil, I don't think Dragic will get higher.

I predict around 5 million. It would be nice if we could use the mid level on him. Add him and maybe another PG in the second round and we have rounded out the PG position. Hopefully of the two will be able to take over for Calderon after next year.
      I really don't see how his a upgrade over Bayless. Ok, so he averages more assist as a starter than Bayless but, way more turnovers too
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I really don't see how his a upgrade over Bayless. Ok, so he averages more assist as a starter than Bayless but, way more turnovers too
        Do we really have to go ver this again? Stats are not the full story. I like his style of play. I think he is far better than Bayless. Watch a little more of his games and you will see the difference.

These things come down to preference and opinion. You prefer Bayless and that's okay. I'm not a fan. The thing is our opinion doesn't matter. All of us will argue over a bunch of players and someone other than who we have discussed will be signed or obtained in some manner.

Comment

I was putting out the $7-8M range based on if and when he becomes a starter or gets starter minutes, and the way he's playing, i dont think thats far off.

Conley is making $6.5M this year, but his contract is backloaded. He is bound to make 7-9M a year till the end of his contract.

And the turnovers....well, he came from the D'Antoni school for PGs, what do you expect? hehehe. I think it comes with the territory. All good to great PGs avg at least 3TOs per game.
          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Mar 30, 2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Do we really have to go ver this again? Stats are not the full story. I like his style of play. I think he is far better than Bayless. Watch a little more of his games and you will see the difference.

These things come down to preference and opinion. You prefer Bayless and that's okay. I'm not a fan. The thing is our opinion doesn't matter. All of us will argue over a bunch of players and someone other than who we have discussed will be signed or obtained in some manner.
            I would prefer Bayless by a very narrow margin. Just because Bayless can finish games, and i dont think Dragic can. At least i havent seen him do it. But i think Dragic has a high bball IQ and his reaction instincts are very good.

Comment

I don't think Bayless is better. I just don't think that Dragic is a upgrade over him. I find their both on same level. I don't think their would be much differential production that's all. BTW IMO
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I don't think Bayless is better. I just don't think that Dragic is a upgrade over him. I find their both on same level. I don't think their would be much differential production that's all. BTW IMO
                He has strong fundamentals and I rate him over Bayless.It comes down to economics. If Dragic is available at 4-5million/year I would pounce on it. If Bayless signs a 3million/year contract I would keep him here.

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                  He has strong fundamentals and I rate him over Bayless.It comes down to economics. If Dragic is available at 4-5million/year I would pounce on it. If Bayless signs a 3million/year contract I would keep him here.
                  +1

Plus Dragic has more point-guard ability than Bayless has.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I would only keep Bayless if he is happy being the go-to-guy for the second string, kinda like what Blur was doing this season before he got traded. Imho, he should never be a starting point guard until he starts looking for his teammates more often and not force difficult shots. 3.8 APG is nowhere near what is required for the Raps to win regularly, especially when DD, our 2nd scoring option, doesn't possess the ability to find his own shots, nor create shots for his teammates.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                      I would prefer Bayless by a very narrow margin. Just because Bayless can finish games, and i dont think Dragic can. At least i havent seen him do it. But i think Dragic has a high bball IQ and his reaction instincts are very good.
                      what?! finish games? did you not see dragic's masterpiece of a fourth quarter against the spurs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

Comment

• stefan5301 wrote: View Post
                        what?! finish games? did you not see dragic's masterpiece of a fourth quarter against the spurs? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI
                        That is an absolute outlier in Dragic's career. Was an amazing game, and he got his 15 minutes of fame, and a legitimate chance the next season almost solely because of that game. But he never really proved to be consistent with that type of play.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          That is an absolute outlier in Dragic's career. Was an amazing game, and he got his 15 minutes of fame, and a legitimate chance the next season almost solely because of that game. But he never really proved to be consistent with that type of play.
                          But then again, there has to be hints of quality in one player for him to pull off smth like that. I can't see Ben Uzoh pulling off that ever.

Comment

• Bayless Interview

Found this on hoopshype:

Bayless doesn’t seem to agree, but maintains he’ll do whatever it takes in order to stick around in Toronto long-term. He said he’ll spend much of his summer in town and though he’s “not 100% comfortable” playing off of the ball, “whatever they want me to do, I’m going to do. “I’m still searching, whatever they want me to do here I’m willing to do, but I think I’m still searching.” The Phoenix native said his agent has talked with Colangelo and “I kind of have an idea” (of what the future holds).

Sounds like he may be coming back.... Thoughts? feelings?

Comment

• Those were basically his exact words during training camp.

Comment

• The guy still can't figure out what his role is? Let me make it clear for him. You are a limited minute back-up point guard who can earn extra minutes playing off the ball in "small ball" line ups as a scoring option. Pretty clear to me. Spell Jose for a few minutes here and there, then play with him in certain situations.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X