No announcement yet.

Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he has proven to be very capable of playing ON the ball as well though.

Once he learns what is a bad shot and whats a good shot (which MANY young guards struggle with) he will be fine, in my opinion.
    I'd love to see him stick around.
    He knows how to play the game and he knows how to create for himself. Very few guys on our team do it better than Bayless.

Comment

• I wish Bayless all the best next season... I just hope it's with a different NBA team. Part of the Casey culture change should include shipping out all the pouting, me-first type players who put forth significantly stronger efforts only when they are in the starting lineup. Bye Bayless!

I would like to see the Raps bring in a young backup pass-first PG via the draft (ie: Marshall) or free agency (ie: Dragic), to develop behind the mentoring of Calderon. I would also be quite happy to see Uzoh brought back as a decent, young, cheap 3rd string PG.

There could have been room for Bayless to return as the backup SG off the bench, to play the sparkplug role that Barbosa did, but his own words and actions speak loudly... he's too proud/arrogant to consider himself a backup or a SG, so that role needs to go to somebody else who will actually welcome and embrace it.

Comment

• i bet Uzoh has a better shot at being in our line up next season... bayless isnt worth his qualifying offer if u ask me...

Comment

• Bryan Colangelo speaks at length about Bayless in his Season Ending Press Conference.

Apparently BC asked Bayless to compare himself to someone in the league, and Bayless took some time and came up with Billups. And I LOVE that comparison.
          Took Billups a few years ,and a few teams, to find his place, but he found his role as a Shot taking, shot making PG.

Comment

• Cant blame the guy for having confidence in his abilities which btw is manifested in some games where he looked like a goto type player. There are many issues to be determined this off season and if no pg is got thru a trade, f/a or draft then we keep him but definitely not pay him starter's money. At the very least he would provide good depth at the guard position. If he thinks of himself as Billups then he is going to have to be patient and wait as did Billups to fully prove he can really be like him consistently.

Comment

• ya,but, you have to find that team and that system where you start playing better than thought and become one of the best.

That's why I don't like when people go, "oh, they should have kept this guy look what he's doing now."

You see it with every team and it's just that certain atmosphere where you fit right in and start playing well. It's happened with every team in every sport.

perfect example, Bautista was a journeyman and then he came to the jays and found his place and all of a sudden, boom, he's become 1000x better than ever before. if he had of stayed with pittsburgh or baltimore, tampa or kansas city chances are he'd still be that utility guy bouncing up and down between triple a and mlb.

it's just something that happens with a fresh start and some stability. Is Bayless going to find that here in Toronto? Seeing as it's already been a while, it's getting slimmer and slimmer by the day.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• The Raptors are going to be the new 2004 Detroit pistons with Jay Bay as the PG. Without the Malice at the Palace lol

Comment

• It took Billups about 5-6 years and a bunch of teams to be given the starting PG in Detroit. I think it was a bit of a leap of faith by Dumars to do this but it seems that Billups then controlled his propensity to shoot first/pass second. There was one aspect of his game which had already matured though...and it was defense. He also made dagger shots to close out games or withstand the opposing team's runs. These all traits that are fairly similar to Bayless. The exceptions are that Billups is taller/heavier and been on more teams before he got to the Pistons. This next year will also be JB's 4th yr (so he has another 2 to go!!). I was just trying to make the case that he selected a good comparable model. He'll just have to wait until this team is ready to give him the reins if the status quo exists and after Jose leaves. He needs to change his game a bit too. Like I said he provides good depth if nothing else. I think he knows that DC wont accept pouting.

Comment

• The pacers are going to be the next pistons and the malace at the palace could happen.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                      The pacers are going to be the next pistons and the malace at the palace could happen.
                      nah they have more talent than those Pistons. I also think they might be deeper. Anyway i was just playing around the raptors could be that team but you never know. I don't think any team this year will be comparable to that years Pistons who won is all. They were underdogs and they were very scrappy kinda like the Raps.

Comment

• Personally I don't think Bayless would this confident if he didn't know something we don't. For all we know his being told that his that successor to Jose in Toronto. That's what I feel like Bryan is telling him or his manager. It always seem like BryCo is always backing JB. I feel that BC feels like JB will take over for Jose when he starts declining(which shouldn't be that long).
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Lets hope if Jay Bay does stay that he turns into Chauncey Billups. He can make big shots so i think he could earn that nickname if he stays here

Comment

• Big Shot Bayless?

I think it suits the Hitman just fine.

What about 'Thunder Bay'?? ... No? Ok fine.
                            Last edited by Joey; Sat Apr 28, 2012, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• ya joey its nice to have u back bud! haven't seen you post in a while

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Big Shot Bayless?

I think it suits the Hitman just fine.

What about 'Thunder Bay'?? ... No? Ok fine.
                                Ya lets hope BC lets him stay and give him a contract for a 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X