Everything Jerryd Bayless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absinthe wrote: View Post
    As far as injuries go for Bayless, my biggest concern is that the sample size of his performances gets shortened even further, which makes it much tougher to make an educated decision about him for the long haul.
    +1
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Bayless done for season

Jerryd Bayless is expected to be out remainder of the season with a partially torn left oblique muscle. #Raptors
      https://twitter.com/#!/MattDevlinRap...90814344482816

Comment

• Well then.. :'(

Comment

• Time for BC to go after Dragic.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            The way he went down looked, well, disconcerting. This is awful news for Bayless, though. You have to feel for the guy cause he just can't seem to catch a break.

As for the Raps, Calderon can't play the type of minutes he's been playing or he'll be done for the year, too. Not a great situation for Casey to have to deal with given the Bargnani issues and the Derozan injury.

Comment

• http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...y_Torn_Oblique

Comment

• so.....the evaluation period is over. Is he back? As what?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  so.....the evaluation period is over. Is he back? As what?
                  He's done for the season and this is the last year of his contract. So, no one is sure if he's going to be back. $4.16M 2013 (Q) next year.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    so.....the evaluation period is over. Is he back? As what?
                    Not to start a debate again, but... He's back to me, as Jose's backup. For the start of the season, at least. Then we'll see. Trade Calderon? Trade Bayless? Trade both? Keep both? Keep same roles? Change roles? We'll see when time is.

Comment

• I really believe he's back, after two seasons of brief high playing minutes and proving he is one hell of a contributor, there has to be some belief that Bayless has good potential to him. Unfortunately it also could hurt his chances being he can't stay healthy consistently, but it's only been this season.

I really don't know, in my opinion, Bayless back in the fold with the coaching staff available this Summer could really be a plus for us, especially if we wanna hit the ground running, he could be a solid contributor to the team.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        He's done for the season and this is the last year of his contract. So, no one is sure if he's going to be back. $4.16M 2013 (Q) next year.
                        to me he is back and we just saved a bunch of money. if he plays well the rest of the season maybe some other team throws 5 mill at him a year but with luck we can get him for 3 or less now.

Comment

• Bayless's season is done, has he shown enough to be resigned?

Toronto guard Jerryd Bayless is expected to miss the rest of the season after suffering a partially torn left oblique muscle, the Raptors reported Tuesday.
                          Bayless left Toronto’s game versus Orlando Monday at the 5:25 mark of the second quarter and did not return. He underwent tests Tuesday at Toronto’s Mount Sinai Hospital.
                          Toronto Star
                          Bayless is a restricted free agent this summer, has he shown enough to be resigned or should we look else where?

Comment

• I would sign him in Barbosa's role. Instant punch of offence off the bench. I'd rather find another point guard. I also wouldn't spend as much as his qualifying offer.

Comment

• Qualifying offer

He has not shown enough to warrant the $4M qualifying offer the Raptors must make in order to keep him a RFA.

I have no problem with him coming back as a UFA.

Comment

• Tough break in terms of injuries. I don't think they're chronic issues.

Regardless, he's definitely not worth the QO. I'd rather have the $4 million in cap space. He's also not a PG (despite what he thinks of himself), so bringing him back to backup Calderon makes little sense to me.

Forbes is already under contract next season. He might be able to handle the backup SG duties (a la Barbosa).

Comment

Working...
                                X